Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

XQ Showcase. Latest: The Art of Charm

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Tudor style exterior design of Buttonmasher Cafe looks so very nice! :) Very nice roofing! The flower beds and small trees look pretty on the edges of the cafe and the flower boxes on the patio areas looks very nice. The fenced trees look great! Very nice umbrella covered outdoors dining table areas! The red and white colour of the umbrellas is a nice touch. Sims will enjiy painting on the easels in the outdoors air, The water fountain is a nice touch there,
    The glass windows and doors front entrance nook looks great! Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the cafe! It is nice that there is an upper level Managers office. The combination of the patterned wall paneling and the brick wall texture looks very nice. Very nice area of the cafe for sims to enjoy buying food and drinks to eat and drink at the tables. The menu board looks great. Very nice armchairs and sofa seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting in front of the fireplace reading a book. The yellow seating is sunny and nice! Sims will enjoy playing the arcade machine game or enjoy relaxing watching tv. The two storey area looks great! The wall candle lights are nice touches.
    It is a very nice cafe venue! :)
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Thanks, @rosemow !
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful design! Love your latest uploads! Especially love the Alexandre Schaunard and the cafe! Good job! <3
  • Options
    Thanks, @yanti68 . I'm really enjoying Windenburg, and the cafe is fast taking over from the Blue Velvet as my sim's favourite place to meet other sims.
  • Options
    Gallery link: Happy Ever After

hea01.jpg
    I swear I was just throwing stuff together with nothing serious in mind when this happened.

Normally I set my houses as close to the street as possible, but in this case, I think the front garden is more its thing. As I said, I was just throwing stuff together, and that's where it all landed. Well, it does mean I don't need a second door from the back to access a back yard, I suppose.

No back yard. Just space to the front and side.
    hea02.jpg

More images below the cut....

Layout
    First storey
    hea03.jpg

Second storey
    hea04.jpg

Interior shots
    View of the living/dining area, from the entrance hall.
    hea05.jpg

View across the living/dining areas, with a glimpse of the kitchen.
    hea06.jpg

The study. This was originally a fourth bedroom, and I suppose if you really wanted a fourth bedroom, you can simply copy down the furnishings from upstairs.
    hea07.jpg

The nursery.
    hea08.jpg

The master bedroom
    hea09.jpg

The second bedroom.
    hea10.jpg

...too much red?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Happy Ever After is a very nice Tudor style home! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice and the flower box windows look pretty! The wishing well and bird bath are nice touches in the front garden. It looks very nice how the terrain paint has been used for the pathways. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior looks very nice! Very nice red colour scheme of the home! I don't think that it is too red.The colour scheme gives it a very nice look! The candle lights are nice touches in the rooms. Very nice open plan living and dining areas. The wall pattern is nice. Sims will enjoy listening to the juke box music whilst dining or relaxing on the seating watching tv. there. Very nice study room! Sims will enjoy sitting at the study desk table corner nook using the computer or resting on the sofa reading a book. They enjoy painting on the easel. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms and nursery! The teddy is cute in the kids bedroom! Kids will enjoy using the science lab or doing artwork on the activity table.Toddlers will have fun playing with the dollhousein the nursery and enjoy sitting on the floor rug playing with toys or reading a book.
    It is a very nice home for families to live happy ever after in! :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @rosemow . You're right, the red colour scheme is very striking ... I should try a few other houses with the same all-one-colour thing happening. I'm rather fond of this particular wallpaper, with the wood-panel wainscot; I wish it was also available in green.
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    Hi Xinqun. I love the Tudor style. I would have used another chimney myself that I think would fit more with that style but love the build. Nice place to come home to.
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    Thanks, @fidlerten ! I know there are a couple of stone chimneys from the Get Together pack with a bit more rustic or "olde worlde" flavour, but they're both one-square chimneys, and I'm not (any more) a fan of enlarging objects ... just a personal thing, I guess. But I'm glad you like it otherwise!
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    There can never be "too much" red :tongue:

Lovely design and decor!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    @The_Dismal_Scientist Haha, thanks! It is supposed to be lucky, isn't it?
  • Options
    We have a set of five this time around: the Windenburg Neoclassical Harbour Redevelopment Project. I talked about this a bit on the "Themed Neighbourhoods" thread a few weeks back, and I think I'm finally satisfied enough to release the five builds into the wild. Or the gallery, one of the two.
    harbour1.jpg
    harbour2.jpg

(Windenburg Harbour has some truly amazing sunset views....)

Let's start with Spa Romana v2, since this one's an update of an older build....
    Gallery Link
    hsr01.jpg
    Spa Romana replaces Hare Square in the original Windenburg Harbour, though it functions as the club hangout for the Paragons, who used to gather at the pool. (There is no longer any pool, since the gym covers that function quite handily.) I originally built Spa Romana way way back when the Spa Day pack came out--you can see its entry further back on this thread--but I've updated it with some Get Together objects and given it a bit more space for social interaction.

More images!
    hsr02.jpg

Layouts!
    hsr03.jpg
    hsr04.jpg

The little gym was moved over to the side to make way for a bit more of a patio-type space. If the spa's to be a club hangout, it's got to have space for people to actually, y'know, hang out.
    hsr05.jpg

Yoga with a killer view of the sunset!
    hsr07.jpg

Then there's the Olympus Gym.
    Gallery Link
    hog01.jpg
    The Olympus Gym replaces Bathe de Rill pool and takes over the functions of Harbor Quarter Gym. Aside from the pool and the usual gym stuff, it also includes a full basketball court and the same upper-storey yoga platform as the spa, this time with a full 360-degree view.

More images!
    hog02.jpg

Layouts
    hog03.jpg
    hog04.jpg
    hog05.jpg

Interior(?) shots. Actually, I think all the important stuff counts as exterior. Not much room for mirrors in the main gym area, but hey, bracing breezes! (Also, anyone want to go boxing with the Grim Reaper? No?)
    hog06.jpg

The basketball court.
    hog07.jpg

And the pool. Do I have to mention the sunset? Because that's a sunset!
    hog08.jpg

The Forum Cafe!
    Gallery Link
    hfc01.jpg
    The Forum Cafe replaces the Hare And Hedgehog cafe. It's a pity, because I actually rather like the design of the Hare And Hedgehog. But after running everything else through the Neo-Classicaliser, I couldn't just leave the cafe "as is".
    The back view ... uh, yeah. The cafe is almost exactly the same from behind. All the interesting stuff in the harbour is behind the cafe, so the back of the cafe needed the same sort of treatment you'd give a front entrance. You could actually flip the cafe around, and I doubt it would make any difference. The gallery picture is actually taken from the back of the building, but this front/back symmetry means it makes next to no difference for me.
    hfc02.jpg

Layouts:
    hfc03.jpg
    hfc04.jpg

Interior. I went with more of a "living room" feel: sofas and easy chairs instead of bistro tables and dining chairs.
    hfc05.jpg

Exteriors. I figured the cafe should be about performances, so there's a microphone on one side for stand-up comedy and a space for busking on the other. And of course, other distractions on both sides.
    hfc06.jpg
    hfc07.jpg

No cafe is complete without some form of internet connection.
    hfc08.jpg

Disco Alexandria!
    Gallery Link
    hda01.jpg
    So called because of the beacon on top: it's like a lighthouse. The fact the disco's way out in the middle of the harbour kind of adds to it, too. I've modified the bonfire area a bit since I first talked about this on the "Themed Neighbourhoods" thread: instead of the intersecting galleries, I now just have the space bounded by freestanding colonnades with gazebos at the corners.
    Ground floor.
    hda02.jpg

And the basement level. Well, that see-through dance floor has to look down on something, right?
    hda03.jpg

An interior shot of the nightclub....
    hda04.jpg

...and the karaoke lounge in the basement.
    hda05.jpg

And an exterior shot of the bonfire. Because nothing says a party like burning stuff.
    hda06.jpg

And finally, Arcadia Park.
    Gallery Link
    hap01.jpg
    Arcadia Park is placed where Harbor Quarter Gym used to be. The gym's now where the pool used to be, and the old park is now a spa; so here's the new park. There's actually not all that much tying it to the neo-classical aesthetic aside from the one building housing the public bathrooms, to tell the truth; the park's a little too orderly and formal to fit into the concept of the bucolic "Arcadia" as understood by the romantics of the Greek Revival period. But hey ... maybe it's actually Romanesque.
    Yep, those are bathrooms. Bathrooms where you can talk to toilet. That just seems wrong somehow....
    hap02.jpg

The four quarters of the park.
    hap03.jpg
    hap04.jpg
    hap05.jpg
    hap06.jpg

Whew! And that's the Windenburg Neoclassical Harbour Redevelopment Project....
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Each of the builds in the Windenburg Neoclassical Harbour Redevelopment Project look so very nice! :) They complement each other very well! It was very nice reading about and seeing the pictures of each of the builds. Very nice exterior design and layout of each one! The architecture looks so very nice! The builds will look great together in our games. :)
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    I have faved them all @Xinqun and you've done a wonderful job. :)
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    Thanks, @rosemow , @fidlerten ! I'm still feeling a little stunned from having put such a thing together!
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Love your builds, each of these are so gorgeously creative! :smiley:
    I also adore some of your historical builds, especially your Spa Romania, Babylon 600BC, and your latest, Windenburg Neoclassical Harbour Redevelopment Project. I also like your Robinson's Retreat too, love that breezy feel and that beach(y) landscaping! I also love your Tudor starter from the starter home thread too!
    I'll check out your gallery to see your creative builds! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    I'm really loving what you are doing with your theme dear! Looks epic and beautiful! <3
  • Options
    Thanks, @RyeCris16 , @BreeMiles ! I'm quite fond of the more historical styles, and I know I'm going to enjoy playing in this new environment.
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh my I have missed quite a bit!

Your Tudor house Happy Ever After is gorgeous! I really like how you made that courtyard style garden in the front, very welcoming and it looks lovely! I quite like the drama of the very deep red interior. Oh and cudos for having a red kids room despite the green scientist table! You are recovering quite well from your "green kids room" phase :p

As for the Neoclassical rebuild project, it looks wonderful! Spa Romana is a beauty, and I do remember the original, as I believe I have seen it before while having a look through your builds :wink: I love the large windows and columns. It gives it a grand look, and very fitting a spa :blush: Yoga with a view is a definite winner!

I've been trying to decide on a favorite, but not sure I can point a finger to just one of the five. They are all wonderful in their own right, and seeing them together is really special and makes for a gorgeous new part of town :smile: Alright, I lie, I think the spa is ahead, simply because I am a lady that enjoys a bit of me-time, much more than partying, exercising and drinking coffee (don't like the taste). So I guess it wins because of that :wink:

OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Thanks, @Laebeth ! I think the one I'm most likely to use in real life would be the cafe. I don't usually get coffee, though: tea's good, or else there's hot chocolate, or croissants.... I like putting tasty things inside me.
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    All of your neoclassical designs are gorgeous! Love them and their columns!
  • Options
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    I love how you have this Greco-Roman theme going with these past few buildings!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Thanks, @The_Dismal_Scientist ! And I saw the "Favourite Creators" post, so thanks so much for that too!

I just picked up Vampires, Dine Out, and Vintage Glamour, so I've been (cough) away for a bit. Setting up a chapel/graveyard to put the gravestones of my current sim's ancestors, figuring out how restaurants work in-game, that sort of thing.
  • Options
    It is great that you now own Vampires, Dine out and Vintage Glamout packs! :)
    You will enjoy using the build/buy mode items from these packs in your builds!