Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Point to Putting Harvestables in the Fridge?

IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
My Sims always keep them in their inventories and they never lose their quality. Does putting them in the fridge really do anything?
Origin ID: graple2001
I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif

Comments

• x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited July 2017
    Saves you money on ingredients for cooking foods.
    Post edited by x_Always_Heart_x on
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I only do that when I am stocking another sim's fridge or a fridge on a community lot.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Any household member can then use them to cook a meal, not just the Sim with the harvestables in his/her inventory.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited July 2017
    Not really. :)

It used to be that moving harvestables around (or traveling with them) would cause them to go up in value by a considerable amount. That was a Bug, alas, and was Squashed. :p
    (Never again was there a story line such as The 500 Simoleon Potato. Evidently Windenburgians had never seen potatoes, nor tasted French Fries, Hash Browns, Mashed, Baked. It was like the Gold Rush Days, only Spuds were the treasure. Claims were Staked, Sims were robbed, Bordellos sprang up in the Potato Mining Town.)

The only reason I keep a few in the fridge is to keep my inventories a little less crowded. The fridge can get crowded, too, and there are a couple different designs of Storage Chests available in Buy Mode to alleviate that. Once you put one on a lot, tho, the second one will have the same inventory. I use them to store my Herbs for the Herbalist Skill to make the Potions included with Outdoor Retreat.

Oh, yeah, other Sims can use them, good tip, @Nik24X7

@ModerateOsprey Do they stay in the fridges of community lots, now? I could swear I tried this, but they were gone the next time I came.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No, being the short answer.

The long answer being plum no.

Unless you prefer your produce chilled for some reason.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yes. In addition to the fact that keeping them out of inventory helps with lag, It's also quite convenient when rotating crops...otherwise you would have to dump everything on the floor.

What I do is sell everything in the fridge after every harvest and replace them with the new harvest.
    This way I always have the highest quality produce on hand in the fridge.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Yes. In addition to the fact that keeping them out of inventory helps with lag, It's also quite convenient when rotating crops...otherwise you would have to dump everything on the floor.

What I do is sell everything in the fridge after every harvest and replace them with the new harvest.
    This way I always have the highest quality produce on hand in the fridge.

I didn't know about that lag issue. Thanks. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    Lmao, thanks guys. Yeah, my Sim's inventories are pretty stocked.

@Nik24X7 That's a good point. I need to start storing produce; my Sims family is completely broke.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif