Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seriously, why are we still having these build issues?!

12346...Next

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    sawdust wrote: »
    Yes, you can't use the square or bevelled because, for reasons that are beyond me, EA has the trim going round the part of the roof that butts up against the wall. Also the angled, which looks good on the gable sections, looks different on the hipped sections and doesn't line up properly.

I am almost willing to swear that this is a problem that has only shown up lately. I don't remember it happening in the beginning, but recently I noticed it when I was playing in one of my older builds. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it before if it had been there right from the start, because it irritates the heck out of me.

It's been there from the beginning as I have old builds where the problem shows up.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I finally got around to 'testing' my house with a loft. I moved my family into it, then realized somehow there was no way once you climbed the stairs to the landing to access the loft rooms. :open_mouth: So, I simply added an archway. Yes, there is a wall between the landing and the low railing, but at least you can see down into the livingroom from the landing. I think that must be what I did to get the roof in place, add that other wall just opposite the railing. Oh, well. I'm happy with it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I finally got around to 'testing' my house with a loft. I moved my family into it, then realized somehow there was no way once you climbed the stairs to the landing to access the loft rooms. :open_mouth: So, I simply added an archway. Yes, there is a wall between the landing and the low railing, but at least you can see down into the livingroom from the landing. I think that must be what I did to get the roof in place, add that other wall just opposite the railing. Oh, well. I'm happy with it.

Then I suppose if after more than two years they still are not going to fix it, maybe we can petition for a larger selection of archways and wall cutouts. Not the same as lofts, but what can you do? :(
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I agree with the original post. It is very annoying. One work around I have to use all the time (for floor removal) is to build a room within a room then put on roof, then delete the floor in the room within the room, then remove those walls that way you have the roof and the parts of the floor are now removed. But to do it that way takes a lot of planning and scheming of how to work around something when in the past all we had to do was delete a floor tile. :'(
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

Then I suppose if after more than two years they still are not going to fix it, maybe we can petition for a larger selection of archways and wall cutouts. Not the same as lofts, but what can you do? :(

I am not understanding the problem. I make loft's all the time with no problems. sims can access all rooms no problems with the first floor or second-floor lofts. also no roof problem.
    when I read this I went and build a quick house that has an upper loft, lower drop room and again no problem. and yes you can see downstairs,

I have been trying to think of what you all should do differently.

A simple way to make a loft any kind you like.
    in your upstairs shape any way you like.
    Make your upstairs as you normally would. where you want your loft, make a wall. make sure its all the way through no open part.
    now you have two parts one is the size of the loft room you want other is the part you wish to have open. to see down right?
    now get out your hammer.
    and do not hammer until you make sure you take away the correct floor it will light up, then take it out with the hammer, now what's left is your loft room. now the wall that's facing the open part put your fence there.

Only on that wall so do not hold down shift.
    now you have your loft. time to add steps. go to down level to add them place them so that the landing is even with the floor. no extra landing needed.
    Now you have steps with a fence, use your hammer and take our the little pieces of fence to the size you want your step. mostly 1 or 2 pieces is all that you need to remove. Now you have your Loft and steps no arch needed. No roof problems and looks better. (a railling will remove the wall in center also)
    You will not have a roof problem because you designed it correctly.
    on the second floor or first, you do not need to make landing let the steps look as part of the floor. not in front of the floor.

Easy Drop floor room 1st level. No tricks needed so easy. Raise your foundation first.
    again make a full room. make a wall all the way down for the size of the room you want. use the hammer to take out the room you want to be the lower room. again you add the fence on the center wall only. add flooring.
    then place steps on drop floor, add rail. done.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    Stormsview wrote: »

I am not understanding the problem. I make loft's all the time with no problems. sims can access all rooms no problems with the first floor or second-floor lofts. also no roof problem.
    when I read this I went and build a quick house that has an upper loft, lower drop room and again no problem. and yes you can see downstairs,

Make your upstairs as you normally would. where you want your loft, make a wall. make sure its all the way through no open part.
    now you have two parts one is the size of the loft room you want other is the part you wish to have open. to see down right?
    now get out your hammer.
    and do not hammer until you make sure you take away the correct floor it will light up, then take it out with the hammer, now what's left is your loft room. now the wall that's facing the open part put your fence there.

now you have your loft. time to add steps. go to down level to add them place them so that the landing is even with the floor. no extra landing needed.
    Now you have steps with a fence, use your hammer and take our the little pieces of fence to the size you want your step. mostly 1 or 2 pieces is all that you need to remove. Now you have your Loft and steps no arch needed. No roof problems and looks better. (a railling will remove the wall in center also)
    on the second floor or first, you do not need to make landing let the steps look as part of the floor. not in front of the floor.

Easy Drop floor room 1st level. No tricks needed so easy. Raise your foundation first.
    again make a full room. make a wall all the way down for the size of the room you want. use the hammer to take out the room you want to be the lower room. again you add the fence on the center wall only. add flooring.

I don't know how to explain it simpler. I've even included pictures. The problem is not the loft, lofts are easy to make. But if you want to make a roof the way I had it in the picture, you can't. There's no simpler way for me to explain it.

now get out your hammer.

I don't know how to explain it simpler. I've even included pictures. The problem is not the loft, lofts are easy to make. But if you want to make a roof the way I had it in the picture, you can't. There's no simpler way for me to explain it.

Sorry, I was in a rush had a minute to leave, and decided to post.,
    I chose you because your more popular, and you posted on lofts before.

I did not mean to direct the post only to you, It was to help anyone that needed the help. and No it's not easy for everyone, that you will know from reading comments. So it's just to help. but if the builder wants to do 5 build around's to make something they can do easily it's up to that builder.

Whenever you make a loft you first want to know it's going to be supported. Most builders think that way. underneath should be supported just so it looks correct. but in these worlds, you can make a floating home with stairs no problem. lol.

I know my advice will be taken whether they say or not. Because easy is best.

If someone helps me or have a more easy way to build something. I will try it every time, And I am happy I got the help.
    You can learn from anyone no matter how smart we are. we are always learning.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

now get out your hammer.

Sorry, I was in a rush had a minute to leave, and decided to post.,
    I chose you because your more popular, and you posted on lofts before.

I did not mean to direct the post only to you, It was to help anyone that needed the help. and No it's not easy for everyone, that you will know from reading comments. So it's just to help. but if the builder wants to do 5 build around's to make something they can do easily it's up to that builder.

Whenever you make a loft you first want to know it's going to be supported. Most builders think that way. underneath should be supported just so it looks correct. but in these worlds, you can make a floating home with stairs no problem. lol.

I know my advice will be taken whether they say or not. Because easy is best.

If someone helps me or have a more easy way to build something. I will try it every time, And I am happy I got the help.
    You can learn from anyone no matter how smart we are. we are always learning.

No worries! I was just frustrated, and I was snappier than I meant to be. Please forgive me?

I feel like they just don't care to fix problems. There has to be some sort of fix. But I have a long list of thing my fingers are crossed will be fixed someday: the back splash wrapping around the edge of a counter when part is not against a wall, the railing wrapping around stairs so you can't actually use them, color matching on cabinets and counters....it would make building so much more fun.
    @Piperbird

I agree with you, I too have a long list of what the builders need. they would not be so hard to fix or add.
    It's no reason we should have to use outside wall for our inside wall just because it's a different height.
    That's the reason I want all Textures to be interchangeable with all modifiable surfaces
    we should be able to change the foundation wall to any texture we are able to use. that would take care of a lot of problems. They made a flat wall but it's not mod. so we can not make it match our inside wall.

A Seasons Builders Stuff pack, with fall trees, rocks ground cover, also windows
    A winter stuff pack, with winter trees, snow cover rocks, also snow ground cover, also winter windows, with frost and snow.
    This would not be so hard to give us.
    We need bridges to put over water any water to make more beautiful lots. all different sizes also seasons.

We also need a props builders Pack, in that pack it could be Cars that is just to sit in driveways or near shops.
    small boats different kinds even old wood ones to sailboats.
    also Docks, or fishing piers to sit out that all are already normal size for sims. a one post outdoor light

Holiday Stuff pack, with at lease 8 different Holidays decor.

Of course, a builders Shop and Venues Pack that has lot of more signs and awnings, windows and in shop items

More for Parks this is a Family game yes, so swings sets are needed, Kids on bikes Sims on bikes.

Let teens have skateboards and a place that they can hang out to do stunts. its better than another fitness pack.

Give Sims 4 all the animations the other sims had all the Bed animations, fun and cuddle ones, beach loungers, such a long list of missing Animations in Sims 4

Give our Kids and Teens a School. that would not be so hard, one-grade school class one high school class just changing students to see yours.
    Bring back the SchoolBus. that made our kids auto go to school.

Don't get me started. Just they have taken so much away from us Simmers in Sims 4.
    You can make bridges, but not good ones. I want bridges you could swim under.
    06-16-15_8-33nbspPM-2_zpshj1muemz.png
    04-07-16_9-42-56nbspPM_zpstnltlonk.png
    04-05-16_10-46-01nbspPM_zpsn6deng27.png

I would love a builders pack, but I don't really see it happening. The players would raise holy hell if we got something not geared towards them.
    You can make bridges, but not good ones. I want bridges you could swim under.
    06-16-15_8-33nbspPM-2_zpshj1muemz.png
    04-07-16_9-42-56nbspPM_zpstnltlonk.png
    04-05-16_10-46-01nbspPM_zpsn6deng27.png

I would love a builders pack, but I don't really see it happening. The players would raise holy plum if we got something not geared towards them.

They would buy the Builder packs as well. Most players do build. If they get extra things for their lots, to make it look better, sure they would buy, it's not like they never buy and never build, of course, they do.

I do not want to just make a bridge, what we have is foundations with a fence, not a bridge at all.
    I want us to have bridges in packs different kind and different sizes.

If you all keep saying it's them sim players vs us Builders we would never get anything as I can see you know that already.

So let us not go that way. what we want is what all Simmers want. This is true. What is needed would benefit all simmers.
    Hmmmm. Did my pics disappear? They were showing this morning. Grr I have hundreds of pics on photobucket of builds. It is going to take so long to transfer them to somewhere else. :(
  • SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    They basicly took away everything from build mode that made things fun and interesting.. like you want a cute garden shed behind your house, well too bad you have a foundation on your house so naaah. Or the loft building which is very taxing.. also everything is flat... and no ponds. And don't even ge me started on not being able to build your own apartments or being able to place them in other towns
    The sims 4 is basicly a huge restrictment on your creativity. It less sandbox and more make a generic house exactly how we want you to make it with the limited tools we provide you with and make a generic young adult and go out and party! oooh and here have a million stuff packs centered around partying and grown ups while we compleatly ignore the basic problems of the game and what the simmers actually want! You are very welcome! =D
    -_-
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
    @Sisselin

If you want to build something nice, a builder has to basically pull a rabbit out of a hat. so we use all sorts of tricks. This is true.
    It's not good that we have to depend so heavily on Mods.
    Not sure if it's true But I heard favorites do not like Mods and use tools to check for them. so most things that are favored are minor rooms and builds. and create a Sim Make overs?. (just a warning if it's true at all? )

So, if that all that favorites see? then, they have not seen the true creativity of a lot the builders. Are they truly seeing the basic builds? I am sure they know about some good builds, Picture perfect of course. So either you can build for the simmers or the Picture. Your choice.
    I have seen so many Beautiful castle builders that are never in favorites. but again the ones that use little or no Mods I guess are, but I do not know. and truly to me, Mods that builders use should already be in the game.

It's workarounds for what you want to be done. and mods of course.
    We do have ponds with fish, you can not mod them but you can use them. you also can make a tool shed with a ramp that's a roof. Lol. and lower your foundation. if you want a gazebo you just have to make steps and good luck with the roof. Lol.
    OK, just keep all builds flat to the ground....

One player said "you get the honor of the flat Picture to show in the Gallery. Most of what you have created will not be seen from that snapshot. I guess it will Kill the gods to allow us to take our own snapshots for the gallery?" (so something of that sort Lol)

Ponds are made with the fountain tool or the swimming pool. even writing about how hard it is to build on Sims 4 for is tiresome. the things we have to go through.

***Well as for me I will always build when I want because I only build what I like when I want to, and what I think will be fun for the other players
    So I do not mind so much being a magician :)
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Ages ago I recall a guru saying builders haven't been forgotten and they are working on some enhancements. i wouldn't be able to find the evidence but some of us ( who wanted them) eventually got toddlers. So I have some hope that eventually builders will get some attention. I really hope that is the case as you guys should have the tools to enable your wonderful creativity to take place.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited July 2017
    Build mode started out very impressive, with the movable windows and everything. I had high hopes for the direction it was going in. Sadly it stopped there.

@cherpar, I dunno... so much time has gone now since then. Yes they might not have actually *forgotten* us, but can they actually do something to remember us by?
  • LunessenceLunessence Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't know if this just wasn't available at the time of this thread, but wouldn't using half-walls instead of fences for the loft fix the roof issue?