Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien Abduction Mod question

I am re-installing TS3 and am curious if anyone knows of an up to date Mod that prevents Alien Abductions. I love Seasons but really did not care for all of the abductions, totally ruined my fun.

Thanks in advance <3 Hope someone can help me out :D
OJGRGDT.gif

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There are several flavors of alien abduction mods on simsasylum (free registration required). I think they are by Bluegenjutsu (IIRC) I don't think the ones at MTS are up to date (they didn't work for me). If you use NRaas Retuner you can change the chances yourself. Documentation is on the Member's Retuner Settings page.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Reinstalling? What a fantastic idea. ;)

From the NRaas page on Aliens... Get the NRaas: Retuner mod here.
    How do I turn off Aliens?
    Follow the instructions on the Members' Retuner Settings page.

How do I prevent Alien Abduction?
    To disable alien abduction, follow the instructions on the Members' Retuner Settings page.
    To disable the chance of an alien visiting your household, follow the instructions on the Members' Retuner Settings page.
    Note: If you are attempting to make aliens more likely, simply set the values to higher values, rather than setting them to "0".
    credit: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Aliens

Another option that I can't link.... Bluegenjutsu at sims asylum has a mod for alien abductions. Requires an account (free) and then Google or find her Mods page there. The one on MTS may be outdated.

*Trey beat me to the punch but I'll post this anyways.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    @TreyNutz Thank you! I totally forgot about NRaas, used many of those mods when I played TS3. I will check that out :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    @SIMASAURUS09 Thank you!! :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    There's one alien abduction Mod at MTS that controls how often they get alien pregnant from abductions that allows you to adjust the settings so only adults get alien pregnant and you can change how often it happens.It's for the 167 patch and I have it in my games.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    "All of the abductions"? How often do your sims get abducted? In my game hardly (and often because I triggered it).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    It depends on what kind of sim you play. Sims with high logic I know have an increased chance at being abducted. There are other traits but I don't have my game open to check with Retuner what they are. Also if your sim collects space rocks - if a space rock is in the inventory that will increase chances of being abducted.

I usually tune the options off with Retuner as well because I'm just not in to the fantasy stuff. Not saying I don't have some fantasy stuff in my games (or mess around with fantasy stuff on occasion) - since as many people love to point out, you can't really get away from all of it because it's just part of how they make the game. But the parts I don't want I can usually control with mods. It's how I've always played the sims games.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    I'm not aware of any traits or skills which increase the chances of an abduction. I haven't seen anything in Retuner or the game's abduction xml files. I have no idea what's in the code though. I haven't noticed any particular trait or skill to be more favored for an abduction either.

Space rocks in inventory don't increase chances. I know that from my own games, just by observation. Collecting space rocks does increase the chances for that night. But keeping space rocks in inventory doesn't really do anything, at least in my games. Using the telescope also increases the chances for that night too.

I also don't get abductions when my sims are sleeping. Even when I use Retuner to set the chances to 100%, my sleeping sims don't get abducted.
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    I know this is the opposite of the OP's request, but is there a mod that will increase the chance of an alien abduction? I have a family I would like to have an alien baby and keep trying to get the guy abducted to no avail. He has like 5 logic skill points, several space rocks in his inventory, uses the telescope in the middle of the night and does search galaxy. Any other suggestions or is this just a totally random occurrence?
    jordand wrote: »
    I know this is the opposite of the OP's request, but is there a mod that will increase the chance of an alien abduction? I have a family I would like to have an alien baby and keep trying to get the guy abducted to no avail. He has like 5 logic skill points, several space rocks in his inventory, uses the telescope in the middle of the night and does search galaxy. Any other suggestions or is this just a totally random occurrence?

Simsasylum (free registration required) has several flavors of mods than can increase alien abduction chances. NRaas Retuner can let you set those chances yourself, per save. The settings are detailed on the links provided by @Simasaurus09 . I haven't had much luck with the alien abduction tuning mods on MTS (I suspect they are outdated, but I dunno).

Without mods, you need to have your household collect 4 space rocks and use the telescope (preferably before midnight) in order to maximize the alien abduction odds for that night. That should give the household a 75% chance of abduction, again just that night. Keep the sim you want abducted awake between midnight and 3 am, send everyone else to sleep or off visiting rabbit holes (or go to the spa). If you can't find space rocks you can add space rock spawners on community lots fairly easily through the buydebug category in buy mode. I don't think logic skill or space rocks in inventory does anything. It also doesn't matter what interaction the sim does on the telescope (AFAIK), nor does the telescope need to be used at night. I always do it before midnight so the household gets the full bonus odds from the telescope for the whole alien abduction period (midnight to 3 am). Lastly, the odds from the telescope and collecting space rocks is temporary. You'll have to repeat those each time you want to the household to have those bonus odds. (There is a regular 1% chance of abduction each night for the active household.)

There's only a 33% chance of alien pregnancy though. I think there's a mod to increase that on modthesims, and NRaas Retuner can increase that as well:

City Hall or any computer>NRaas>Retuner>General>Settings>By Tunable XML>Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems>BuffAbducted

Set the value there (I think it's kChanceMalePregnancy) to whatever percentage you want (in decimal form). Default is 0.33.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jordand wrote: »
    I had the very same experience a while ago, while this did work in the past. Do you by any chance play in Bridgeport?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @JoAnne65, no the save I'm playing is in Riverview.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I use bluegenjutsu_NoAlienAbductionsAndNoAlienHouseholds.package from simsasylum. Works great.