Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite sized lot to play on?

Just curious what everyone's favorite lot size to play on is. Personally I love the tiny little 20 x 15's. On huge lots, I just feel like I get lost in everything all the time.

Comments

• Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    30x20 and 40x30 I use the most.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I prefer the smaller lots also, I like to put downloaded homes on slightly larger lots so I have room to add something outside. 30x20 is usually the largest I go for downloaded homes but put them on a little larger lot.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    30 x 20.
    Anything larger and my brain explodes
    Although I could live with a 40 x 30 if the house part is only on half of it and the rest is outdoor space
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    30x20 is my fav for building homes. The larger lots i try and reserve for businesses.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    30x20 usually. Occasionally 40x30 if the house needs to be a bit bigger but I often don't extent the fence to the edge of the lot so it's more like 30x33 or something silly.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Chuck_DegenerateChuck_Degenerate Posts: 44 Member
    For residential lots, I usually stick with 30x20. I'm not a fan of sprawling land because I'm not great at decorating it (as in, I always forget trees exist). I might try out 40x30 next time and see if I can make a decent garden/patio area for once, though I'd probably be more inclined if I had the respective SPs, haha.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    the smaller ones. i'm so terrible at building and thinking of rooms to fill the space with, i always end up with like 6 bathrooms when i build big homes.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Definitely the 30x20's are my favorite size. Sometimes the 40x30.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    15 x 20, 20 x 20 and 20 x 30. Anything bigger would take me far too long to build (I'm super slow at building) and be too annoying to play on (long time to get across the house).
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of sprawling land because I'm not great at decorating it (as in, I always forget trees exist).

Lol, I'm the same.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    30x40 all da way!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I like the 40x30 mostly, but only because my favorite builders seem to like using that size. I end up downloading so many magnificent lots, but then have very limited space to put them.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    40×30. I hate when I'm playing a family and I can't have more sims because I don't have room for everybody.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    15 x 20, 20 x 20 and 20 x 30. Anything bigger would take me far too long to build (I'm super slow at building) and be too annoying to play on (long time to get across the house).

Same.
  • Options
    OliiveSimsOliiveSims Posts: 73 Member
    40x30 because I like my houses to have some sort of a driveway or front lawn and a decent backyard ! I can make do with 30x20 but it's a very tight squeeze
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    40x30 is ideal, it's not too big, yet it's big enough to fit a decent house and a pool :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    BIG. I don't like tiny, cramped homes, either. Just seems like I can't get the camera angle quite right. Suffice it to say I build and play in large homes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    20 x 30 or smaller and as compact as I can make it. Bigger lots are usually used for public lots or as multi-unit housing for townies or rarely played Sims that are, none the less, valuable to my core families. if I'm playing in a bigger lot, it means there's a lot of garden, but I love working on outdoor spaces.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My favorite is 40x30 -- it's large enough that you can have an adequate sized house (especially if you add a basement) and a good sized yard especially if you're a home gardener or want to add play equipment for the kids (I have a waterslide and monkey bars in my Sims' backyard). I also like to download 30x20s and put them on larger lots for that reason. 50x50 and up are usually just too big to keep track of the family, but I will use them for parks or larger venues if the spirit moves me. I do have a farm that I downloaded from the Gallery on the 64x64 lot on the island in Windenburg because the Villareals pretty much split up after Jacques died, but the other large lot is still intact.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Maybe it depends on what your computer can handle, and how much detail you put in.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    64x64 for me :lol: Actually I like all lot sizes only I tend to go to bigger ones.
    64x64, 40x30, and 30x20 I use the most.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    The two smallest lot sizes are my favourites. anything bigger and I don't know what to do with the space. I end up putting stuff in the garden and it just looks a mess.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    40x30 because it's not too big so I can make a decent sized house and back yard, bigger than that I can't stand because it just ends up half empty.
  • Options
    bmj97bmj97 Posts: 61 Member
    usually 30x20, sometimes 40x30, not too big but too not small. if i'm playing with just like one sim tho i'll play on a 20x15
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Mostly 30 x 20.
    Origin ID: nik24x7