Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Culling, Relationship Culling & Decay: Current Status

Comments

• herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I am so grateful for this thread, but also so sad because playing rotationally with 39 active households and about 215ish Sims I've made (or made in game) makes it almost impossible. I have mods to stop the relationship culling but with each update things get out of whack. :/ I just love when children have to be introduced to their parents... not.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I am so grateful for this thread, but also so sad because playing rotationally with 39 active households and about 215ish Sims I've made (or made in game) makes it almost impossible. I have mods to stop the relationship culling but with each update things get out of whack. :/ I just love when children have to be introduced to their parents... not.

Is that still happening for you, or are all the instances old? It's a bug that was fixed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    What is the maximum sim number again? I play a huge rotation and I haven't had issues in a while, but I am wondering.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    What is the maximum sim number again? I play a huge rotation and I haven't had issues in a while, but I am wondering.

305 for unplayed and unhoused Sims, but your played Sims are safe (even if you have more than 305 of them in your rotation). It hasn't changed since ages, they have added some new telemetry last June. I guess there will probably be some tweaks for Cats&Dogs, I'll report it here if I find anything.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Neia wrote: »

305 for unplayed and unhoused Sims, but your played Sims are safe (even if you have more than 305 of them in your rotation). It hasn't changed since ages, they have added some new telemetry last June. I guess there will probably be some tweaks for Cats&Dogs, I'll report it here if I find anything.

I still no understand as you say 305 for unplayed and unhoused sims.
    Played/housed sims are safe from culling, but count for the 305 limit?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited September 2017
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »

I still no understand as you say 305 for unplayed and unhoused sims.
    Played/housed sims are safe from culling, but count for the 305 limit?

Yes, so let's say if you have 100 played Sims, you'll have room for 205 unplayed and unhoused Sims, if you add some more Sims, it will start culling some of these 205+ unplayed and unhoused Sims.

If you have 200 played Sims and 150 unplayed housed Sims for example, you'd be over the 305 limit, so culling will trigger, delete any unplayed and unhoused Sims (like ones that may have been created when going to venues), but none of your 200 played Sims or 150 unplayed housed Sims.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Sim Culling Update!

Happy Patch Day!

As of today. the game has population cap options and the option to protect invididual households from culling. The population caps you can choose from are 50, 100, 200 (recommended), and unlimited:

wmplayer-2017-10-30-01-35-48-17-1024x576.png

As far as we know right now, culling still extends only to unplayed, unhoused Sims. Also as far as we know, townies will still generate above the population cap between weekly culls.

The population cap given here, unlike the ones we knew before, is a cap on living Sims only and does not include the dead:

It probably does include pets, which are included in household numbers as taking up a “Sim” slot.

As far as we know right now, this patch has not changed relationship culling or townie generation.

---
    I'll update the OP text once I'm not just on my phone (I'm away right now, literally posting on the road!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    @luthienrising a few months late to reply to you, but I was still having this problem as of recently. Currently the game is patching so we'll see what happens after I load. Excited for the new cull options!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Thanks for the update @luthienrising. Would you or @Neia be able to clarify how ghosts and the family tree work in the system?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Thanks for the update @luthienrising. Would you or @Neia be able to clarify how ghosts and the family tree work in the system?

I'm especially interested in whether ghosts that are not related to any of my living sims are still the first target of the culler. I have the urn of Vlad and two other sims that never had children in my crypt and wouldn't want to lose them if I allowed culling again.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member

I'm especially interested in whether ghosts that are not related to any of my living sims are still the first target of the culler. I have the urn of Vlad and two other sims that never had children in my crypt and wouldn't want to lose them if I allowed culling again.

Hello
    SimguruNick posted this on Twitter

LsVroAK.jpg
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    This is probably going to sound stupid, but I haven't played with ghosts and none of my Sims has died yet so this hasn't even come up yet for me. According to above, a died ghost gets moved to a hidden household that are automatically unfavorited. How do we find those hidden household to get our deceased back?
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I left like 8 households in the favorites and the counting is 198/200 (when the number of sims there is around 30). Since I play a legacy rotationally I'm freaking out afraid the game will delete my whole population lol
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Thank you @rosemow ! That means I'll keep the no culling in McCommand active and cull manually.

@Stina1701A
    I think McCommand Center mod has an option to unhide all hidden households, but that's forever, so you cannot hide them again. Hidden households include the deceased, grim reaper, Jasmine Holiday and maybe others I do not remember at the moment.

You can get your dead back by keeping their urns around, waiting for them to haunt and invite them into your household as playable ghosts. Or, if the relationship is too low, there's a mod that lets you move them in regardless (testingcheats should be able to accomplish that, too).
    Sims that die off lot or in households other than your currently active one do not leave an urn. They are still in the game files (until they get culles, that is, so it's a short timeframe). But they sometimes join clubs generated by the game and can be met again this way (The game only generates clubs if you have less than eleven, though).
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Thank you @rosemow ! That means I'll keep the no culling in McCommand active and cull manually.

@Stina1701A
    I think McCommand Center mod has an option to unhide all hidden households, but that's forever, so you cannot hide them again. Hidden households include the deceased, grim reaper, Jasmine Holiday and maybe others I do not remember at the moment.

MCCC unhide hidden households only unhides your dead sims ghosts and alien pollinators, Grimmy and special NPCs will still be hidden.

"If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    This is probably going to sound really dumb but I'm still trying to make sense of this. If I made the number 50 for example would it reduce townies and make it where only the sims I've made are around?
    of do you absolutely have to have a certain amount of townies no matter what?
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    This is probably going to sound really dumb but I'm still trying to make sense of this. If I made the number 50 for example would it reduce townies and make it where only the sims I've made are around?

Yes, but remember that you need to favorite the households you don't want to be culled.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

No. I don't think so. All those other sims in the other category are still going to be around your towns.

The number is the number of sims you wish to save from being culled. Not who you see around town. You will still get gardeners, mailmen, bartenders, npc retail workers, npc restaurant workers and just walk-bys in general. The game generates ghosts, aliens, bears, etc...for special bar nights. The game generates npcs to attend festivals. That won't change.
    Ahh I see thank you for the replies! I have a better understanding now.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    One thing I don't know, is if the game will cull households that are not controlled by me like the goths, if I don't favorite them. I think I read here before that the game only culls people without a home?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It hit my households after the recent patch.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    SimguruNick posted this on Twitter

LsVroAK.jpg

So nothing has changed for family trees then. :/
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top