Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...are you going to buy the laundry pack?

Comments

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'll probably buy it eventually at some point. I do like laundry in Sims 3, so I'm interested in having this feature in Sims 4. I just hope they'll create packs for the other ideas they suggested. Living off the Grid and Food Preserves sounded really neat. I also liked the ideas of composting & recycling too.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'll probably buy it eventually at some point. I do like laundry in Sims 3, so I'm interested in having this feature in Sims 4. I just hope they'll create packs for the other ideas they suggested. Living off the Grid and Food Preserves sounded really neat. I also liked the ideas of composting & recycling too.
    SimGuruGraham did say that modders will be creating ways for Simmers to add those features that didn't win to their games. SimGuruGraham said this in a statement about the features that didn't win the vote. So yes, you can still add those through mods.
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I was going to say no because I hated laundry in Sims 3..... but.... I like most of the new clothing and simply adore all of the new furniture. It's really my style! So yeah, I'll probably buy it. lol
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I might get Eco Living depending on the price and if it ever goes on sale. Anything to do with environmental stuff sounds like fun to me (I'm an environment student). I thought the off-grid stuff was super cool and that's what I wanted the most, but laundry will probably be lots of fun too. I love the concept art too! I'd rather have my Sims live at home anyway and live by gardening/farming and fishing or painting.

I did just that with one of my favourite families in the Sims 3. I built a cute 2-room house with lots of sunflowers. One of them would fish and the other would garden for money and food.They added dormers with a loft upstairs when they had children, which you could get up to with a ladder (I miss ladders!). It was tight, but I loved that house. It's probably my most favourite house I've ever built. I was (and still am) proud of it.
  • Sigma4lifeSigma4life Posts: 163 Member
    There is no way I am paying for laundry! I voted for nectar making. I have been asking for it on the boards several times since the beginning of the sims 4. I was so excited when it was added to the options with canning. I would have been ok and probably would have purchased if it was any of the other options but not laundry. All the other ideas felt well through out and full of game play. Laundry doesn't add any new skills or style of life for game play. I'm sorry, but they are not getting my money for laundry.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I wanna see what all is in it first since I did not vote.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    I haven't bought bowling or fitness packs. So I'm going to wait for them to go on sale including laundry. I know Target have them on sale for like $6+. Come to think about it, I've bought all them on sale other than EPs.
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I'll buy it.. because I buy them all, whether I really want them or not. :D
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    I voted for preserves/canning. I'll buy though for the new clothing/hair.
    Some of the objects are nice too.
    Never did laundry in the TS3 so I probably won't use that aspect of the pack.
  • HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    Only if they call it Sims 4 Household Mish Mash Stuff. There is no eco in the pack.
  • DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    I'm looking forward to doing laundry so I'll buy this pack for that feature alone. I don't have the Fitness Pack as yet since I'm not into climbing treadmills that produce fire, but something as mundane as laundry definitely interests me.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Unlikely. While the novelty of the realism was cool in Sims 3, it got old quickly when my sims stripped and left clothes EVERYWHERE. Especially in winter when they had to change just to put on a coat.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Most likely will be buying, yes. I've so far been impressed by the results of all of the polls.
  • MadiellaMadiella Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah I definitely would need to see the pack before I purchase it. Not to sure if the items in the pack would benefit my game play. :/
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I was on the fence about Fitness, but I did eventually buy it for the pluumba (cause I love zumba <3) and the earbuds. I did like laundry in TS3 because it was a nice chore for the teens to do. Plus there's always room for improvement.

Err though I actually wasn't able to vote (was busy around then), I'm rather curious though. What exactly were "Off the grid" and "Canning" (I think that's what it's called?). Could anyone explain those?
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    Probably not. Might get it on sale as I like the items but laundry just doesn't pull me in like the other options did.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Doubt it. First time I tried laundry in the Sims 3, I found it monotonous and unnecessary.

The pack would have to feature something else for me to buy it.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Most likely not , unless the walkthrough looks very interesting, I don't feel like laundry will add anything particularly exciting to my gameplay. So far none of the stuff packs have seemed particularly value for money for me, especially as a heavy CC user. If we had perhaps got Dangerous or maybe an eco pack which incorporated actual ecological living themes such as use of renewable energy and subsistence then I would have been compelled to buy it. However I still think it's great that the Sims Team got the players involved... even though I think we might have got a more exciting stuff pack if laundry was included with parenthood ;)
    Parenthood wasn't a SP though. ;) I will more then likely buy it to have everything but I am not at all interested in the laundry part of the pack.

I didn't say it was a stuff pack anywhere. But I should have clarified, laundry would have fit well for parenthood because it would have given the kids a chore to be influenced to do, and also a place where kids and toddlers could make a mess , (playing in, or messing up laundry). I personally think it's a little silly to have an entire stuff pack around it but that's just my opinion. If anything your joke adds to my point, because yeah parenthood isn't a stuff pack it's a game pack and so would have had scope for one more gameplay object ;)
    Oh will considering I am not a huge fan of Parenthood what it does to your game I like the objects I wouldn't like laundry stuck in it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    its a yes for me :)
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'm not sure. I love the objects we voted for, just not the gameplay part. I hope they make laundry less annoying and glitchy than in Sims 3. If I do buy the pack, it will probably be the last. There are more interesting things for me out there.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm buying
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Of course I'll buy it - I voted for it and was #TeamLaundry for many years!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Buying 2 copies on Day 1.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Laundry pack? Have I missed something?