Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
Hello! Some of us who are playing Pinstar's new Alien Adoption Challenge thought it would be fun to collaborate.

I mean, if there are 99 other little alien kids out there, doesn't it make sense that your bizoopagoto would want to find his or her bizoopagotogo?

To accommodate a wide range of story-telling and Sims-playing styles, this is, by design, a very flexible, relaxed, and informal collaboration. Stories can be quite independent or closely intertwined, depending on the wishes of participants.

We have a whole spectrum of ways you can participate, ranging from very minimally (1) to very much (6).

1) Unfound: Your alien child is one that none of the others have been able to locate yet. (And we miss you very much! :'( )
2) Letter Writer: Your care-giver (or alien child) writes letters or sends emails or joins online forums in attempts to locate the other adoptive parents and/or alien children.
3) Hacker: Similar to above, but using hacking methods to break into the agency's records to locate the adoptive parents.
4) Letter Receiver: Your care-giver (or alien child) receives a letter from one or more of the participants looking for the alien children.
5) Visitor: We've made contact with each other! Now let's set up a time for our kids to meet!
6) Residents: It turns out we were neighbors all along! (Residents are moved into the saves of other participants and can show up in the participants' stories from time-to-time.)

If you'd like to join us, you are welcome! We're each looking for 99 little alien babies, after all! :)

Important Note for Readers:
We'll be using this thread to plan our collaborations, so be advised that you'll find spoilers here! If you're reading any of our stories and don't want the plots spoiled, you might want to skip this thread or read it with caution!
Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    edited September 2017
    Forum: Bizoopagoto @Forumotion

Collab Blog - https://bizoopagotogo.wordpress.com/

Participants and Story Blogs

The Language

Note: If you are participating and would like to be able to edit the collab blog, please let @CathyTea know!
    Post edited by CathyTea on

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited July 2017

Our Forum -- GREAT way for Caregivers who have Internet access to find each other! (Thank you, @Charliimai )

Bizoopagoto @Forumotion

Letters/Messages from Caregivers (and other means of finding each other)

**From Cathy Tea**
    Sebastion's first email (sent a few months after Septemus's arrival to all University of Magnolia Park Early Childhood grads of the past five years)
    Dear alumnus of UMP's ECE program:

I received your email address from the University of Magnolia Park's alumni association. Like you, I also graduated from UMP's Early Childhood Education program.

Also, in a way I am assuming is like you, I received not too long ago a letter claiming to be a Jury Summons.

It wasn't.

I responded to the call to action for government program H9110.

If you did, as well, then we have something else in common. And I believe it would be in the best interest of our somethings-in-common if we were to arrange for them to become reunited with each other.

My apologies for the opacity of this message.

If we really do have in common what I hope we have in common, then its meaning will be clear enough.

If the meaning of my message is not clear to you, please forward it, with discretion, to anyone you think might be in the same situation as I.

I can be reached at seb7s@qmail.com.

I hope to hear from you soon--and so, also, does someone very dear to me, and potentially to you, too.

Go UMPquas!

Your fellow alum,

Sebastion Sevens

Sebastion's Second email (sent a few months after the first email to regional Early Childhood Education professional organizations )
    Greetings!

I am asking for your assistance.

About six months ago, I and other regional ECE grads were sent information about a program that needed our help.

It is essential that I get in contact with others who may have received this same information.

If you know of anyone who has been contacted for something referred to as "extended jury duty," will you please have them get in touch with me? seb7s@qmail.com

Thank you for your assistance,

Sebastion Sevens

Sebastion's Third email (sent six months after the first to a regional professional care-givers' [Nannies'] association]
    Salutations!

Can you help me? I have a young person in my care who desperately needs to be reconnected with siblings that he was separated from due to an accident roughly nine months ago.

I am wondering if you have come across, in your personal or professional ventures, other toddlers who survived a crash at that time and were separated from siblings.

I am confident it will help these young ones' healing and well-being if they can be reunited.

Please share any information you may have that could be of assistance to me at seb7s@qmail.com.

Thank you.

Sebastion Sevens

Sebastion's most recent messages (this message--or ones like it--are emailed to promising people who post on a wide range of message boards, from UFO speculation to "Mommy-and-Me" boards to "Caring for Kids with Special Needs" to "Help me find..." If you need a specific message drafted to fit your story, just let me know, and I'll be happy to write one for you!)
    Hiya! I hope you don't think I'm weird. I am reaching out because your message on ____ discussion forum made me think that we might be able to help each other out.

I have a youngster in my care who was separated from siblings __ months ago, and I am trying to help him become reunited with them. He misses them.

If you know of a child who was separated from his or her mother in a crash __ months ago, please get in touch with me!

Thank you.

Seb, seb7s@qmail.com

--

Online Forum - Bizopagoto (created by @Charliimai )

Check it out! http://bizoopagotogo.weebly.com/

edited September 2017
    World-Building: Culture, Language, and Other Constructs

This post is to provide a central reference point for any aspects of our story that others might want to refer to or incorporate. Feel free to share your alien-world-building details, and we'll post them as references here!

For more information on the language, see Vingihoplo on our Collab Blog.

The development of the language is collaborative, as we work together to add vocabulary and discover syntax. If you'd like to participate in building this language, please let @CathyTea know, and we'll add you to our language-building group PM.

The Language - from @CathyTea

bizaabgotojo - gender-neutral term for care-giver (can include any adult, including relatives, who cares for a young one); pl. bizaabgotojoto

bizoopagoto - young ones, denotes the sense of sibling relationship. pl. bizoopagotogo

Bizaabgotojo sopastillo-sacastillo bizoopagoto - literally, the parent bathes-scrubs little kid. A parent bathes a child (the child is scrubbed clean)

Bizoopagoto spaskitaka-sploshtoki bizaabgotojo - literally, little kid splashes-soaks parent.

Bizoopagototogo-sipaxni-sitakni stallada? - literally, Little kids go-empties space.

kisuuuu - Finnish for kitty! :D

mastikokopa - all alone

slicodoxnipaya - a large-winged bird that soars, like a hawk or an eagle

squeegee - generally prefaced with the exclamation "o!" A term of thanks, denoting thanks in specific, gratitude in general, and all manner of benevolence and trust in the goodness of life

stipooo kiya-cocinoxitopo stipoo - literally, upside-down-man walks--like-legs-walk hands. A man walks on his hands.

@allysimbuilds @Rainydayz179 @ra3rei @DeiraShadeweaver @Meggles @SoulGal7 @peatock @Charliimai

Hiya! So, I've created a thread for this project!

We can use this thread for sharing ideas and planning!

Please look over the first post, see if there's anything you think we should add or clarify. Then, please share a link to your blog (which I'll add to the second post here, which will be the index of participants and participating stories.)

Also, please share which level of involvement you'd like to have and any thoughts you have about how this might fit into your story.

@SoulGal7 I like your idea of moving in other participants! That will work for me, and I think I'll want to move in anyone who wants to move it! :) I'll also share Septimus and Sebastion to be moved into other people's stories.

• peatockpeatock Posts: 139 Member
    looks good to me!! <3 thanks for making the thread, CT! i'm definitely down to be at a 5, involvement-wise. (i may go up to a 6, but for now i'm not sure how it'd work with the story!)

i will also say though that i'm still settling/recovering from my trip this past weekend (which is also why i've been quiet in our shared PM). i'll get organized though, once i've had a little more time to rest. :blush:
    0Ims83x.png
    The Velasco Legacy: Generation Six on wordpress & on the forums!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Ha, wish I had seen this before I replied to the PM! I probably started writing it just before you made this thread, haha! Excited!!!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Sebastion is open to being:

A letter writer (He's writing his letter in the next chapter! I don't think I'll have the letter in the story itself, but I'll post it here in a spoiler, and anyone who wants to have their Sim receive it can feel free to refer to it or copy/paste it in its entirety or sections in their stories.

A letter receiver (I'd love it if he were able to enter into regular correspondence with one or more of the other caregivers.)

A visitor--And a host! (Sebastion and Septemus will love to come visit you, and they'd love to have your Sims visit them!)

A resident--and the recipient of residents! (I'll load Sebastion and Sept up to the gallery, and you're welcome to upload them to your game, if you want to have them wandering around. I'm open to doing co-writing, if you'd like to have me write their portion of the dialogue, if they do show up in your game/story! And I will be open to downloading any #Collab4AAC Sims that are on the gallery. I will move them into NewCrest [MCCC has populated all the other houses], and then just see what happens in-game. If any of your Sims do show up, then I'll contact you to see if you want to co-write chapters they appear in.)

I just put my two on the gallery. They say there are mods so you'll have to check the dreaded box. My version of Xilla has purple hair but the uploaded version has blonde. :)
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Hi fellow caregivers.
    I am excited about this collab although at the moment due to my care givers current situation we will be remaining unfound for the time being. However being quite young I anticipate her eventually looking online for answers and possibly advice on how to manage her little one as she develops. She may at some point in the future stumble onto the forums. But whether or not she reveals any details we'll have to wait and see. I am looking forward to reading about/meeting the other little Aliens.

I have decided not to upload her to the gallery as My little Anomaly Amber has cc skin, hair and clothing so would look completely different in other simmers games.
    Plus they are in hiding from the Authorities
    tuxpi.com.1499253175.jpg

The Link to the story can be found here Sapphire and Amber and there has been an update: Dear Diary
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Oops! I read my PMs before seeing this thread posted so I responded to Meggs there. The question I asked was if we did forums instead of emails how would we do that? I'm up for pretty much anything. As of now, Brian is just searching for information or anyone that also has an alien child. I've been kinda avoiding going any further in this one because I think I've only got one chapter left of Rocket as a toddler and I'd like to plan out what collaboration I'm doing before he ages up. I think it would be easier story-wise if whatever involvement they have is internet based at first and maybe individual meets later but they're fairly isolated so I don't think having them live in someone else's save would work.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Rainydayz179 I was wondering the same thing because the only way my Sim would find any info about the others is by an anonymous search. as she is also pretty isolated and trying to stay that way for the time being anyway.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

Oops! I read my PMs before seeing this thread posted so I responded to Meggs there. The question I asked was if we did forums instead of emails how would we do that? I'm up for pretty much anything. As of now, Brian is just searching for information or anyone that also has an alien child. I've been kinda avoiding going any further in this one because I think I've only got one chapter left of Rocket as a toddler and I'd like to plan out what collaboration I'm doing before he ages up. I think it would be easier story-wise if whatever involvement they have is internet based at first and maybe individual meets later but they're fairly isolated so I don't think having them live in someone else's save would work.

@Rainydayz179 I was thinking of using the message boards totally within our stories, not making an actual one (although that would be a WHOLE other thing, haha!) Whenever I go researching things online or whatever I usually come across a random post on a board and there are no replies and you're left wondering if the question was ever answered. Perhaps someone left a vague post and Liliana is sort of all "hm..." and replies there or sends a PM.
    Also, I posted the intro last night! Will be working on the real bits today, hopefully. :)

The Xilla Project: Jury Summons
    06-25-17_11-05-51c2a0pm.png?w=1000&h=500&crop=1
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited July 2017
    I've finally got my internet back on my main computer - woot! Just in time for a science fiction convention this weekend... so yeah... hmmm...

The only save I've got on my laptop is Penelope as an adult (which btw is a blast to play with as many simselves and characters are already in that save. Ninjapig runs some of the foodstalls and Josh Thoreau was her first caught criminal. Hahaha)

But I'm not sure how weird it would be to have Penelope raise an alien child...being half alien herself, but it might make for an interesting story. And probably breaks Pinstar's rules, but I'm always doing that. Of course her disguise is super cute and she isn't known as an alien to most of the residents. ... CathyTea *may* have figured it out during the humor and hijinks festival.

I would def be up to letter writing and letter receiving and my game is set up for neighbors for sure. But I'm not sure how much I can play until next week with the aformentioned convention. Sometimes I have all the time in the world to write and play, othertimes I don't. I have however MOVED into my house (finally). Although there's still plenty of boxes lying around telling me how much extra stuff I have. So my life is getting back to normal once con is over.

So back to the game at hand. I'd love to plough through it like the 7-Toddler challenge and then write afterwards, I just need to figure out my adult sim (especially if it's not Penelope). Would a half-alien break the plot too much? I've not had a chance to really think it out. Otherwise I'll have to plot a bit more to find something interesting to go with....hmmmm

Edit. OOOH I have Drifters and they already have government sanctioned housing if they don't go the drifter route. I may have just the sim...of course they're still a teenager.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    I've finally got my internet back on my main computer - woot! Just in time for a science fiction convention this weekend... so yeah... hmmm...

The only save I've got on my laptop is Penelope as an adult (which btw is a blast to play with as many simselves and characters are already in that save. Ninjapig runs some of the foodstalls and Josh Thoreau was her first caught criminal. Hahaha)

But I'm not sure how weird it would be to have Penelope raise an alien child...being half alien herself, but it might make for an interesting story. And probably breaks Pinstar's rules, but I'm always doing that. Of course her disguise is super cute and she isn't known as an alien to most of the residents. ... CathyTea *may* have figured it out during the humor and hijinks festival.

I would def be up to letter writing and letter receiving and my game is set up for neighbors for sure. But I'm not sure how much I can play until next week with the aformentioned convention. Sometimes I have all the time in the world to write and play, othertimes I don't. I have however MOVED into my house (finally). Although there's still plenty of boxes lying around telling me how much extra stuff I have. So my life is getting back to normal once con is over.

So back to the game at hand. I'd love to plough through it like the 7-Toddler challenge and then write afterwards, I just need to figure out my adult sim (especially if it's not Penelope). Would a half-alien break the plot too much? I've not had a chance to really think it out. Otherwise I'll have to plot a bit more to find something interesting to go with....hmmmm

Edit. OOOH I have Drifters and they already have government sanctioned housing if they don't go the drifter route. I may have just the sim...of course they're still a teenager.

@ra3rei I don't know if it would break the plot - is she so well hidden that the government wouldn't know about her? It would be a sort of "uhhh yeaaah sure I don't know anything about aliens..." It would definitely make your story interesting!!!
    Here's a short little Septemus chapter! Septemus 7

My plan is that in a few days, I'll have Sebastion's letter ready for you to refer to or copy/paste if and as you wish.

Storywise... I'm sad to report it needs to be a while before he hears any response! But in our time-scale, I'll probably be ready for responses this weeked! :)

• allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    Sounds great! My caretaker probably wouldn't venture out of her direct neighborhood, but she'd definitely write to fellow caretakers. The family is currently attending "weekly check-ups" for non-verbal babies, where they are seen by medical professionals and therapists, but will soon be leaving that group. Maybe someone else from that group would like to be found? Otherwise, I'll wait and respond to the letter from @CathyTea
    Charliimai wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 I was wondering the same thing because the only way my Sim would find any info about the others is by an anonymous search. as she is also pretty isolated and trying to stay that way for the time being anyway.

Right, so we're going to have to do different levels of involvement. Also, different scenarios. I like the idea that the government took different approaches to the project and in the same light, the adoptive parents would react differently. Some would hide like yours and others would openly search like @CathyTea is doing. Mine is doing some searches and hacking.

@ra3rei I like the drifter idea personally because like you said they are already part of a government program.

@everyone I think our biggest question is how do we all come together? Brian's searching. Sebastian is actively trying to make contact. What do y'all think? How would they all come upon each other?
    Charliimai wrote: »

Right, so we're going to have to do different levels of involvement. Also, different scenarios. I like the idea that the government took different approaches to the project and in the same light, the adoptive parents would react differently. Some would hide like yours and others would openly search like @CathyTea is doing. Mine is doing some searches and hacking.

@ra3rei I like the drifter idea personally because like you said they are already part of a government program.

@everyone I think our biggest question is how do we all come together? Brian's searching. Sebastian is actively trying to make contact. What do y'all think? How would they all come upon each other?

So this ties back to the question you had earlier about the bulletin boards... (we're talking online forums, right?)

If anyone lives in the city, we could even have posters on the poster blocks! :)

One idea would be for each of us to decide when and how we want our Sims to come across information about the others.

I'll have Sebastion's letter ready soon (within 48 hours, and likely within 24) which I'll post here in a spoiler. Then, when anyone is ready to receive it, they can copy/paste it or refer to it in their story...

Regarding the bulletin board/discussion forum idea, it could be handled a few ways, depending on narrative style. If I were to use it, I'd have Sebastion tell in his letter to his son how he came across it, just through crazy googling--or rumor--and that he has a lead. Then, he'd use that to try to track down families...

Another option I'm toying with is moving into my save any of the Sims that are up for that (I'd move them into Newcrest), and then we'd just see if any walked by! I sort of like the plot motif of looking for what's right around the corner...

I haven't made up my mind yet.

I guess the way I'm going to proceed is this:

1) I'll share Sebastion's letter so any of you can use it who want to (you can always have it as an email that someone forwarded to you!)

2) Once any of you are ready to either a) share a post on a bulletin board; b) write back; or c) have your caregiver and child uploaded to the gallery to be moved into other saves, I'll do one of those things.

And each of you can decide how you want to proceed. Ideas we've shared so far include a) hacking into agency database and tracking others that way; b) posting on online bulletin boards/discussion forums; c) moving uploaded caregiver/children into saves; d) somehow coming across Sebastion's letter (either receiving the email directly or having it forwarded) and replying.

:)

I might *justmight* decide to write up all five chapters today and post them so we'll be ready sooner!

(Yeah, Restraint and I are not always on speaking terms! :D )

• ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Haha. Well I'm leaning to Blake as well although I'm keeping Penelope open as an idea in case I need plot.

Hoping to have an hour or two tonight to really plan. So I'll know more soon. Also I plan on reading the starts off y'all's stuff. I got Rainys and Meggles read. So I think I just need Cathy's and Charlimini? Anyone else have a start already?
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Haha. Well I'm leaning to Blake as well although I'm keeping Penelope open as an idea in case I need plot.

Hoping to have an hour or two tonight to really plan. So I'll know more soon. Also I plan on reading the starts off y'all's stuff. I got Rainys and Meggles read. So I think I just need Cathy's and Charlimini? Anyone else have a start already?

I'm secretly--well, ok, not a secret anymore--hoping for Penelope! Hey! Here's an idea! Why not do both? >:)

(Brought to you by... wicked CT, who's posting five chapters in a single day! Mwuahahahaha EVIL!)

Oh, and that reminds me! I need to do the index! So I don't have to go hunting high and low, please post your story thread here, then I'll stick in the second message of this thread as an index to stories and participants!

CathyTea wrote: »
    (Brought to you by... wicked CT, who's posting five chapters in a single day! Mwuahahahaha EVIL!)

Wow! :D
    CathyTea wrote: »

Wow! :D

Yeah. Well, I'm on vacation. And it's a writing vacation, apparently!

OK.... so, well, they're very short chapters! :p Seriously, all five that I published today are close to the equivalent of one normal-sized chapter...

Anyway, where we go, and this brings me, story-wise, up to being ready to find the little guys! I'll try to get Seb's letter up here pretty soon (tonight or tomorrowish)

Septemus 8
    Septemus 9
    Septemus 10
    Septemus 11
    Septemus 12