Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @FoundMarbles, @Ainsleyf and @pronterus - the front page of this thread has been updated to feature all your wonderful winning creations.

Another Build'n'Share win, Deco Delight just got a maxis favorite!

@FoundMarbles - That's amazing, well done my lovely!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    congrats to @foundmarbles and @pronterus for the Maxis favs! Woot!!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks! I'm happy that I got a Maxis fav :)

there's a troll in the comments of my build so I started reporting their posts haha

pronterus wrote: »

there's a troll in the comments of my build so I started reporting their posts haha

There are always trolls/haters.They're obviously small minded uncreative dorks, or they wouldn't waste their time insulting other people's builds/sims. It serves no purpose. I actually feel kind of bad when I don't get many haters...like I wasn't twisted enough..haha!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@pronterus :smiley: Congrats on the Maxis Favorite! Well Done!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    @FoundMarbles, @Ainsleyf and @pronterus - the front page of this thread has been updated to feature all your wonderful winning creations.

Another Build'n'Share win, Deco Delight just got a maxis favorite!

@FoundMarbles - That's amazing, well done my lovely!!!

And Again, It would Never Happen with out the hosts and judges of the BuildnShare challenges! Much credit to you (plural), who design and judge the challenges and then put the winners up for consideration. Thank you all, VERY MUCH!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Thank you @Ainsleyf I'm glad you like the build :) I'm really proud of how it turned out.
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    @popettypop2012 I love the architecture of your build!
    Wow!! Congrats @pronterus for your Maxis fav as well!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much, @TwtyBrd0707
    @popettypop2012 - beautiful Gym. I really like all the woods and brick you picked out and the layout you used. Your landscaping is pretty fantastic too!
    @abelhinha35 - your build is gorgeous, wonderfully detailed. I can't for the life of me figure out how you did that out of 6 containers??????
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much, @Ainsleyf :)
  • EnviedImperfectionEnviedImperfection Posts: 264 Member
    Everyone's build looks so nice! I'm 9/10s of the way done and over budget >.< Doing some serious editing to get back in the green.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @popettypop2012 - beautiful Gym. I really like all the woods and brick you picked out and the layout you used. Your landscaping is pretty fantastic too!
    @abelhinha35 - your build is gorgeous, wonderfully detailed. I can't for the life of me figure out how you did that out of 6 containers??????

Thanks @Ainsleyf. :) The layout of the containers is in the spoiler.

This challenge has been a real eye opener for me, I never realized I could build on the maxis created lots! That certainly expands my options! learn and live.
    pronterus wrote: »

I've learned to never give trolls the satisfaction of noticing them! Catching attention is what they live for. No reaction is Troll Death!

• CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 72 -Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym
    FORUM ID: Creepsa
    ORIGIN ID: Creepsa
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Airsoft™
    LOT COST: 4 000
    BUILD COST: 186 285
    TOTAL COST: 190 285
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/52Zik
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Airsoft™ is a contemporary gym chain known for its trademark white and brown looks. Made for everybody who wants to get in a good shape, it surprises its many customers with the recycling of old containers and the surprisingly cheap prices.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: -
    edited July 2017
    *Got member status (literally just needed 2 likes)! Thanks for everyone's help, entry below.
    Post edited by EnviedImperfection on
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: EnviedImperfection
    ORIGIN ID: theSugarPopz
    LEVEL: Starting Out (First Sims 4 build!)
    LOT: The Zen Zone
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 206,868
    TOTAL COST: 209,868
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/IAFlF

ENTRY DETAILS: Your inner zen awaits you at the Zen Zone. Start off your journey in the relaxing spa atmosphere of the private changing rooms, as you prepare for you relaxing swim or private yoga class. You will have no trouble finding your personal zen within the four meditation areas, yoga garden, jogging track, sauna, massage room, basketball court, two juice bars, artisan café and state of the art work out equipment. The Zen Zone offers several paths of personal discovery of a zen self and lifestyle!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    jh9Pyt9.jpg

mlCZdLM.jpg

Creepsa wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Creepsa
    ORIGIN ID: Creepsa
    LOT: The Airsoft™
    LOT COST: 4 000
    BUILD COST: 186 285
    TOTAL COST: 190 285
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/52Zik
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Airsoft™ is a contemporary gym chain known for its trademark white and brown looks. Made for everybody who wants to get in a good shape, it surprises its many customers with the recycling of old containers and the surprisingly cheap prices.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: -

(Trying to make links live)

@BuildnShare Did I use an incorrect lot for my build?
    edited July 2017
    @BuildnShare Did I use an incorrect lot for my build?
    @FoundMarbles - As long as it's 40x30 or 30x40 you're good to go!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

@Creepsa Astounding build! Me thinks I'm a loser this round, for sure. The builds, so far posted, are just astonishing to me. I seem to suffer from an appalling lack of imagination! BUT, that said, do tell me, where did you find the ATMs, I knew they were there but just could not find them! All I could find was the "stolen" machines, and I have all of the game & stuff packs! I'm constantly forgetting what catalogue I saw things in and worse, it seems to me, some things just go missing from time to time, then show up again later.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited July 2017
    FORUM ID: withlovejulien
    ORIGIN ID: withlovejulien
    LOT: Ironbound Gym & Spa
    LOT COST: 6,500
    BUILD COST: 203,835
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together): 210,335
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by): Slideshow http://imgur.com/a/8ZojH
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

The architect decided to embrace the original aesthetic of the shipping containers and incorporate their color, shape, and exterior into the build (the pillars are the corrugated metal and extra support for strength at the edges the shipping containers have. The exterior room trim and foundation are also representations of additional reinforcement.). Because of the incredible, always sunny climate the Sims enjoy, we were able to incorporate a lot of activities in the outdoor spaces. The grounds include a balcony with hot tub, basketball hoops, pool, a detached spa building, a walking track, and patio areas with table seating. The spa includes full body massage, chair massage, spa soaking tub, meditation room, and sauna. The main gym complex includes weight room with nautilus machines and rock climbing walls, yoga studio, café including a vending machine for sandwiches and soda, boxing, changing rooms with shower and toilet, cardio room with treadmills, and a special room with a dance floor and DJ booth to boost the heart rate with fun dancing. The yoga studio has a schedule of classes posted on the wall. The table in the café functions like counter or bar seating overlooking the patio and includes folded cards with information on gym membership. There are clocks in all of the rooms so Sims can time their workouts. The gym uses specialty basketball flooring throughout so there is an appropriately cushioned flooring surface for working out. The more vibration-causing equipment has additional cushioning.

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry: Please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry): N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Front entrance to the gym with detached spa to the right (green and black shipping containers)

wKbcBXD.png

Back of gym showing balcony with sun roof, structural supports, and basketball hoops with fencing

ixNYKpO.png
    Post edited by withlovejulien on
    Challenge #BnS72 is now officially closed! Good luck everyone.
    GArBA5W.jpg

#BnS73 - Life On A Shoestring

As you come into the office one morning, Karl is waiting with a steaming cup of coffee. You take your first sip, and Karl reminds you of the new client coming in 20 minutes.

“This should be an interesting project,” he says giving you a knowing look.

“Really? How so?” you answer.

“You’ll see!” he says mysteriously.

The client turns out to be a handsome woman of a certain age named Vanessa Hubbard.

“I’m so glad you could see me on such short notice!” she begins breathlessly.

“Of course, Mrs. Hubbard. Happy to help. I understand you’ve lost someone dear to you recently. My deepest condolences.”

“Yes, yes. Thank you.” She dabs a tear from her eye. “But Mr. Hubbard died doing what he liked to do best.”

“May I ask how he…”

“Yes, yes. I don’t mind talking about it. He died during the annual running of the llamas in San Myshuno.”

“Oh my! I’m so sorry! He was trampled…”

“No, no! Nothing like that. He was watching the event from his favorite sushi restaurant and got a bad piece of pufferfish. He really loved sushi, though. And especially pufferfish.”

“Oh…” You don’t quite what to say to that. “Well then, um… how may I help you?”

“Well, before Mr. Hubbard died, we had been talking about relocating our family to Newcrest. We’re kind of cramped right now—what with six children and all. Anyway, we were looking at one of those cute 15 x 20 lots, but there was no way we could afford to build there. But then this happens! And now I have §125,000 from the restaurant to build my family a new home.”

“So you want a house for seven people on a 15 x 20 lot? That is a tall order,” you say.

“Oh yes! Tall! The house can be as tall as you like. I will need 5 bedrooms, I think: one for me; one each for my teens, Vincent and Violet; one for Vivienne (child) and Vanna (toddler); and one for Victor (child) and Van (toddler). But please don’t put any of the bedrooms in a basement! I want all my children to have windows to look out of. And the older children will need desks, of course. And it would be nice if they all had a recreation room with fun, age-appropriate activities. Oh, and I’d love to have an ensuite bathroom and maybe a corner—it can be in my bedroom—to sit and read my romance novels and kind of ‘get away’ once in a while, if you know what I mean. [You nod your head.] Let’s see. Did I forget anything? Oh, of course! Maybe two more bathrooms for the kids to share and maybe a little yard for the wee ones to play in? Do you thing that can be done?”

“I’m sure we can come up with something,” you say confidently while wondering how on earth you can fit everything in on a small lot.

“Oh my!” she suddenly shouts. “I forgot! Can you make the house look like a shoe? It would make us all feel so at home.”

“Why not?!” you answer.

THE BRIEF:

15 x 20 lot in Newcrest
    5 bedrooms (1 adult, 2 teens, 1 for boy child and toddler, 1 for girl child and toddler)
    3 full bathrooms (1 ensuite to adult bedroom)
    reading nook
    desks (4) for 2 teens and 2 children
    recreation room for all the children
    usual kitchen, dining (for 7), and living areas
    yard for children and toddlers

STYLE: house made to look like a shoe, traditional interiors

BUDGET: §125,000 (lot + build cost)

ROOM CHALLENGE: Create a bedroom for Vanessa Hubbard with a reading nook; Budget: §8,000

SIM CHALLENGE: Create the Hubbard family: Vanessa (mother), Vincent (teen boy), Violet (teen girl), Victor (boy child), Vivienne (girl child), Van (boy toddler), Vanna (girl toddler). Vanessa’s aspiration is Successful Lineage. Everything else is up to you!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top