Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ways to make laundry cost efficient on the bill

Laundry mats
laundry mat would be a good idea. Not just putting laundry machines on town lot but taking out sim dollers when the sims use the machine or using a lot trait that has "lot fee". This is good on the enviourment and gets your sims out of the house witch we all need. Plus cool build ideas in mind.

Choose concentrated detergent
Different choices of detergent, there are some better then others. We should have a choice of different ones that would cost a lot more.

Make your own laundry detergent
The idea being able to make our own detergent. Could take certin ingredients such as lemons and flowers (the flowers is not realistic but it's the Sim lol) for the homemade ones but better on cost.

Controlling your wash cycle, load amount and dryer temperature
This is very realistic, when washing cloths. If we are able to control the amount of cloths we put in the washer and dryer as well as the was cycle. In rl maximizing the washer and dryers is good on your pockets. Also adding the fact that it might not clean your clothing as good with so much in the washer and dryer. The option to use dryer sheets should also be included as it is can give clothing a fresh sent.
Using different types of washers
There are a lot of different kinds of machines that wash clothing better and cost a lot out right but better on the bill.

Use of machines at different times cost more.
Just like in rl, if you use the machines at certain times or days it cost a lot more. Can we please get the laundry chart in game that shows the low cost times to do laundry. If we do laundry at those times and days the bill should go up a lot more.

Sabotage
This isn't really cost efficient but for sims who have "Evil" or any other trait it would make sense to, could sabotage the machines and go through the machines finding coins or something. Would be great if we get a watch machine choice to make sure if your at the laundry mat no one goes though your things, cause it happens lol. This is a long shot but would be cool.

Any other ideas are welcome sorry for spelling errors
Post edited by Cheekybits on

Comments

• ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    Laundrymats would be really cool. I like that idea!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    The line and the tub were mentioned, but really wringer washers are the only machine that fits both country and eco themes that won. Would be nice to get a stick hamper and a standing rack to put clothes on included with the tub and line portion.

Since laundry is more limited than dangerous stuff, off the grid, & canning, if you keep both country & Eco in the description, then I feel that they should offer us quiet a bit. Throwing in a cheap washer dryer that isn't eco and the line/tub would be limiting considering all the work that would've gone into this pack had it had dangerous stuff, off the grid, or canning.

A wringer washer wouldn't be much different than a stand up machine. I hope they offer the line/tub that they mentioned along with a standing rack, wringer washer, and wash board. If they are going to go off topic with machines that can't fit both country and eco, then they should at least deck out the country/poor/ect. parts of laundry to make up for it. :)
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    We don't need to make laundry "eco friendly." That was just a working title.

Besides, washing lines and tubs are "eco friendly."
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    People should probably just drop the eco thing altogether. Its laundry, lets just call it laundry, and lets not ruin the potential for an actual eco pack in the future.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    The line and the tub were mentioned, but really wringer washers are the only machine that fits both country and eco themes that won. Would be nice to get a stick hamper and a standing rack to put clothes on included with the tub and line portion.

Since laundry is more limited than dangerous stuff, off the grid, & canning, if you keep both country & Eco in the description, then I feel that they should offer us quiet a bit. Throwing in a cheap washer dryer that isn't eco and the line/tub would be limiting considering all the work that would've gone into this pack had it had dangerous stuff, off the grid, or canning.

A wringer washer wouldn't be much different than a stand up machine. I hope they offer the line/tub that they mentioned along with a standing rack, wringer washer, and wash board. If they are going to go off topic with machines that can't fit both country and eco, then they should at least deck out the country/poor/ect. parts of laundry to make up for it. :)

Yes, I hope my homeless sims can aucally look homeless and wear dirty cloths. The line and tub are a good idea I just home they give laundry a purpose.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    These are off the grid green homes - but with out solar being offered any more there is just no way to have an eco home anyway - but not shacks or homeless for sure and definitely not cheap -

https://www.greenhomesforsale.com/category/off-the-grid-homes

This one is the kind and style of home we are most interested in here in Maine

https://www.greenhomesforsale.com/listing/view/united_states_north_carolina_marshall_28753_20067

even though this particular one for sale is in the Carolinas - when I say Eco - this is what we visualize and work toward.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    We don't need to make laundry "eco friendly." That was just a working title.

Besides, washing lines and tubs are "eco friendly."

No that was the theme of this pack players choose back in April.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915788/so-what-happens-to-those-themes-that-didnt-win/p1

In Grahams own exact words in the bottom of this post on the theme vote:

"Even though this Stuff Pack we're building together is now locked into the eco living theme, we always value your feedback regarding the things that you want to see in The Sims!"

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Laundry mats
    laundry mat would be a good idea. Not just putting laundry machines on town lot but taking out sim dollers when the sims use the machine or using a lot trait that has "lot fee". This is good on the enviourment and gets your sims out of the house witch we all need. Plus cool build ideas in mind.

Choose concentrated detergent
    Different choices of detergent, there are some better then others. We should have a choice of different ones that would cost a lot more.

Make your own laundry detergent
    The idea being able to make our own detergent. Could take certin ingredients such as lemons and flowers (the flowers is not realistic but it's the Sim lol) for the homemade ones but better on cost.

Controlling your wash cycle, load amount and dryer temperature
    This is very realistic, when washing cloths. If we are able to control the amount of cloths we put in the washer and dryer as well as the was cycle. In rl maximizing the washer and dryers is good on your pockets. Also adding the fact that it might not clean your clothing as good with so much in the washer and dryer. The option to use dryer sheets should also be included as it is can give clothing a fresh sent.
    Using different types of washers
    There are a lot of different kinds of machines that wash clothing better and cost a lot out right but better on the bill.

Use of machines at different times cost more.
    Just like in rl, if you use the machines at certain times or days it cost a lot more. Can we please get the laundry chart in game that shows the low cost times to do laundry. If we do laundry at those times and days the bill should go up a lot more.

Sabotage
    This isn't really cost efficient but for sims who have "Evil" or any other trait it would make sense to, could sabotage the machines and go through the machines finding coins or something. Would be great if we get a watch machine choice to make sure if your at the laundry mat no one goes though your things, cause it happens lol. This is a long shot but would be cool.

Any other ideas are welcome sorry for spelling errors
    Ways cutting the cost of doing the laundry? I like this idea, it's an awesome idea. :)