Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Expansion Pack?

Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
Just a thread to talk about your favorite expansion packs, and why they change the way you play the game.

For me, they'd have to be Nightlife, Seasons, and OFB, because I use the features they introduced the most out of anything in my game, and I honestly cannot remember how I played before Nightlife. (The answer, I fear, is "infrequently.")
Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    My favorites are Bon Voyage, OFB, and Seasons. I love sending my sims on vacation, and I like there are things they can learn there they can't learn anywhere else. Plus Big Foot rocks! I also like having my sims start a home business after a few generations (let them sock away money and get everything they want first) It is always a family run business, and usually a toy store....I have a obsession with toys in this game.. :D:# Seasons was awesome cause...weather!! Plus there were new activity's they could do. Most importantly...I LOVE that penguin!!! <3
  • EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    I LOVED open for business and seasons, pets and nightlife. I would have to say open for business was my favourite though. Loved running my own business on it and building yourself up :)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am with @JULES1111. My favorite packs are Seasons, OFB and Bon Voyage. I am still discovering stuff in Sims 2 and I love it. I found the secret lot on twikkii island just a couple of weeks ago...lol.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Open for Business for sure, and Apartment life because I love to run businesses and I love the playground stuff for the kids.
  • tiamiatiamia Posts: 63 Member
    Apartment Life, Open for Business and Nightlife are my top 3. I loved witches in TS2 and apartment living (and living in a city in general) is always very appealing to me and it just provides a fresh new environment for your Sims to live in. I also really enjoyed the skill badges you get in OFB, so I always made it my goal to get a gold robotics badge so I could make a Servo. :)
    tumblr_n3rku5LZwi1r7y61oo1_500.gif
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    My favorites are Nightlife, OFB, and Apartment Life.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yeah, I'm another Nightlife fan. That was packed full of new and fun things to do. I love the dating, the cars, the bowling alleys, I can't think of a single thing that I disliked about that pack. After that one, I like uni for all the musical instruments it gave us, and the new jobs that the Sims can't get unless they go to college, I love that!
    I had always believed that each and every pack had something for everyone, even if the general theme left someone feeling cold. There really wasn't an expansion pack in The Sims 2 that I didn't like. This was the best sims game they ever made as far as I'm concerned.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I love them all in TS2 I can't choose ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • whatsupphamwhatsuppham Posts: 11 New Member
    Apartment Life really has my heart. The rude neighbors, asking your neighbor to babysit your kids, and roommates were the icing on the cake for me.

Open for Business comes in a veeeery close second. The ability to go out and own your own business, set your own prices and uniforms, and handpick your employees was great. The system was simple and yet it was so difficult to have a booming business, while in Sims 4 everything is much more complex but you can easily make thousands in a day just having an electronics store filled with flatscreen televisions.
  • LizMarie1085LizMarie1085 Posts: 436 Member
    Open for Business is my All time favorite EP of ALL TIME.. *mic drop*

I used to play Malcolm Landgrabb non stop. He'd have an H&M in every subhood, I always kept the electronics store then he'd venture into the clubbing business... Lilith Pleasant always became a manager at H&I'm Bluewater Village and he'd hire all the pre game teenagers, lol.. it was so much fun.. not only expanding his own business but even told build of other sims in the process..
  • Chuck_DegenerateChuck_Degenerate Posts: 44 Member
    It's been a while since I've played, but way back when, it was totally University. Granted, I was 13 and so the thought of college in general was super cool, haha. I'm sure my favorite now would be Nightlife. I never got to experience FT or AL. :'( Maybe I should install Ultimate Collection and give it a go.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    It's been a while since I've played, but way back when, it was totally University. Granted, I was 13 and so the thought of college in general was super cool, haha. I'm sure my favorite now would be Nightlife. I never got to experience FT or AL. :'( Maybe I should install Ultimate Collection and give it a go.

If you've still got a copy of any of those games, especially if you've got the original pamphlet with the registration code, it's worth giving it a go with customer support. (They've been giving out the UC to people who let them know that their discs aren't forwards-compatible with newer computers... which since windows 8 is pretty much every computer.)
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    As an animal lover it has to be pets, I always try to adopt the strays. I also like bon voyage, visiting the hidden lots is my favourite thing to do and asking bigfoot to move in and also looking for the ninja. University is probably in third place as it offers a whole new life stage, new careers and the resurrect-o-nomitron.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I think if I could only have one I would pick University. I feel like I play with sending my sims to college so much more than any of the other features EPs bring. Pets is probably second though as I very rarely have a house without at least one.
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    Freetime :) Bon Voyage would come second. I didn't have them all though, I always wanted to get Apartment Life as well. I had a love/hate relationship with the pets, didn't like how I couldn't make them do anything and they'd just pee on the floor (yeah yeah I know real puppies do that as well) or ruin furniture but they were great to get the household a little extra-income hehe :#
  • djaykay88djaykay88 Posts: 8 New Member
    I equally love Mansion and Garden Stuff and Apartment Life. I usually search beautiful luxury houses to build https://tranio.com/france/cote_d_azur/ and try to recreate them. An apartment life is so much fun, just adore coffee shops ^_^
  • djaykay88djaykay88 Posts: 8 New Member
    I equally love Mansion and Garden Stuff and Apartment Life. I usually search beautiful luxury houses to build [url=https://tranio.com/france/cote_d_azur/]https://tranio.com/france/cote_d_azur/[/url] and try to recreate them. An apartment life is so much fun, just adore coffee shops ^_^
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Season first, really. The ability to have a garden, rain/strom and such really change the game for me. Then, apartment life, really useful when you tend to make a thousand sims (between the sims born in game and the one i have add i always ended up with "where am i going to put these sims ?").
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2017
    I can't choose between them because I feel like they really worked well together and complimented each other. Highlights were Nightlife for bringing more interesting community lots and cars. OFB really opened up the game career wise for me. I love how you can make a business out of nearly anything. Seasons for the atmosphere and Apartment Life because it lets you make some really interesting housing that is completely usable and not just fake empty flats/adjacent townhouses etc.
    Honourable mention to Mansion and Garden Stuff although not a full expansion pack it was content rich for a stuff pack.
    iscQh5U.png
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    Hmm this is actually really really difficult because they're all so good. Open for Business is up there as one of my faves due to the sheer creative potential - the fact you could make almost anything into a business, and the fantastic retail gameplay. I also love Bon Voyage as it's just so fun and interesting. Seasons is also fab as the weather system was so game changing. University also great too and apartment life I'm getting into as I bought it after starting uni so didn't have a lot of spare time to get into it. It also massively makes up for how disappointing apartments are in S4 City Living. So yeah, can't really pick one but those I would say are my absolute faves. I also agree with @RadioAChicken, Mansion and Garden stuff is absolutely brilliant.
  • xXUniqueOoxXUniqueOo Posts: 26 New Member
    Pets, Nightlife, University, Seasons, Generations..basically all of them..
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    xXUniqueOo wrote: »

Sims 2 didn't have a generations pack, but I'm kind of jealous of Sims 3, because sims 2 was ALWAYS lacking in kids' content (though they at least tried to bring in a playground in Apartment Life...)
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    xXUniqueOo wrote: »

Sims 2 didn't have a generations pack, but I'm kind of jealous of Sims 3, because sims 2 was ALWAYS lacking in kids' content (though they at least tried to bring in a playground in Apartment Life...)

Short of a couple random things thrown in here and there like toys made from the toy maker in OFB and whatever EP allowed parents to swing the kids around, yes kids were very left out in ts2. Although getting them into private school was always fun, and oddly hard for some reason :p kind of wanna go play ts2 with a kid now.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Seasons, I remember with TS1 and TS2 before Seasons I was always trying to work with CC and everything to give the illusion of snow. When Seasons was announced my mind was blown. I didn't even know that it was possible. Before Seasons I was almost entirely a builder, even though i wanted to do family play. With Seasons I finally began to try family play because I wanted to experience the weather and seasons and I've never looked back.

Now it's been a very long time with TS2, I don't remember the EPs all as well as I'd like to. I remember thinking Pets being disappointing compared to Unleashed and Bon Voyage not being too exciting, but don't really remember everything else.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    It might sound stupid but I have really good memories from the Teen Accessory pack