Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry as a SP?

jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
Can someone clarify this for me? I've been away from the sims forums for a while. Why is laundry such a hot topic for a new pack right now? I can understand if someone wanted laundry to be PART of a pack (even part of a stuff pack) but to have laundry as it's own stuff pack is about as exciting as watching paint dry or water boil. Am I missing something? Is laundry already a new SP that is actually happening?

Comments

• bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Basically there was a fan vote for a new SP. There were several themes but in the end laundry won. The SP will only be released next year but yes, it's happening.

And it's not supposed to be exciting. Quite the contrary actually. Some people just like to play their games as a true life simulator and have something as mundane as laundry. And in a game like TS4 that has so many things that are over the top, sometimes the simple things are the most missed ones.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I really love the "mundane" things that make sims more realistic and relatable. But to make an entire pack, even if it is as small as an SP all about laundry, is, well... I like I said before, about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm all for making laundry a part of a pack, but to make laundry the main feature???.....
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I really love the "mundane" things that make sims more realistic and relatable. But to make an entire pack, even if it is as small as an SP all about laundry, is, well... I like I said before, about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm all for making laundry a part of a pack, but to make laundry the main feature???.....

Well, we can agree on that. I think laundry would fit really well in Parenthood... But they added it as a theme for a new SP, and since many people miss that feature obviously they voted for it. We had weirder SPs in the past though. Bowling as a SP is probably the weirdest choice to me. And the Fitness one is basically $10 for a climbing treadmill. At least with laundry we'll get more than just washers and dryers (in case you missed it, we'll get washtubs and clotheslines too).
  • danibostoniandanibostonian Posts: 145 Member
    so 19 bucks for a laundry basket and some sinks. What in the hell is going on in this community. I like collecting all the EP's,GP's and SP's but laundry? Thats something i dont even like doing in real life let along on sims
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    so 19 bucks for a laundry basket and some sinks. What in the plum is going on in this community. I like collecting all the EP's,GP's and SP's but laundry? Thats something i dont even like doing in real life let along on sims

Actually, it's $10 for Stuff Packs.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Can someone clarify this for me? I've been away from the sims forums for a while. Why is laundry such a hot topic for a new pack right now? I can understand if someone wanted laundry to be PART of a pack (even part of a stuff pack) but to have laundry as it's own stuff pack is about as exciting as watching paint dry or water boil. Am I missing something? Is laundry already a new SP that is actually happening?

Stuff Packs are what The Sims 3 store used to be... very small, niche themes. This is Loads of Laundry, which sold for 1,080 simpoints for TS3... which is just over $10 USD. For only 16 items. With the clothes and objects already confirmed for this pack, the $10 we spend for laundry in TS4 is already a better deal than the TS3 store was.

35513686612_5ff7b76a53_o.png

42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm all for making laundry a part of a pack, but to make laundry the main feature???.....

And in a SP which the theme is supposed to be Eco Living :lol:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    It's all because the majority of the Sims community in all had voted for Laundry to be the key feature of this Pack. That's it, that's the bottom line. And I'm not talking about just the community members here. This vote went out to every corner of the entire Simming community, and most of the community members voted for laundry. And yes even laundry machines can be eco friendly. Today in RL washer and dryers are even more eco friendly then those made 10, 20, 30, 40, and even 50 years ago.