Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Attractive Sims On Your Psyche

John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
I am just looking for some clarity here, so I don't feel alone in this...

Do any of you ever watch your attractive Sims and start to feel jealous or sad because they are so dang attractive? Sometimes I even get angry... Like watching them work out as I sit here stuffing chips in my face and gaining weight as they lose it. I guess that is an appeal to the game, to live in an alternate reality to regress your own problems.

But sometimes, I even get so hot and heavy watching my Sims make out and have the time of their life I have to close the game.

So do any of you have an unrealistic attraction to some of your Sims that affects you physically? Or am I just a weirdo?

Also, if you do, I'd love to see a picture of your Sim you have a crush on ;) Please post below!
2qwq9ah.jpg

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I've had a tiny crush on one of my Sism 3 sims.
    But other than that no.
    I wanna cheat in my game right now. Like make a sim cheat on their partner and I can't do it. Not cause I feel bad for the sim who is cheated on but cause I'd never cheat in real life. And in the game I'd be cheating on myself but I still feel bad lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    edited July 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »
    But other than that no.
    I wanna cheat in my game right now. Like make a sim cheat on their partner and I can't do it. Not cause I feel bad for the sim who is cheated on but cause I'd never cheat in real life. And in the game I'd be cheating on myself but I still feel bad lol

Girl, I think you should go ahead and cheat. Have them mutilate every Sim in sight if it seems fit. I would never cheat in real life either, but if my sims want to get their rocks off, they can go ahead and do that. I, You, are the gods of this game... Anything is possible!

Alternatively, maybe you should make just a seductive sim that cheats all the time to release your inner desires of cheating.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    John4est wrote: »
    But other than that no.

Girl, I think you should go ahead and cheat. Have them mutilate every Sim in sight if it seems fit. I would never cheat in real life either, but if my sims want to get their rocks off, they can go ahead and do that. I, You, are the gods of this game... Anything is possible!

Alternatively, maybe you should make just a seductive sim that cheats all the time to release your inner desires of cheating.

I don't have inner desires of cheating lol

I've had the romance aspiration and I've cheated but this is a marriage with kids and life for them is so good. I can't go and ruin it. I feel so bad :D But it would be fun cause the mistress is super cute. :D I have her picked out already.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I guess I could feel jealous of some sims. Like when a larger sim goes out for a jog a couple times and BAM they're thin now. Or how easy it is for them to form friendships and relationships or get promoted etc etc. And I would say some sims are more attractive than others though I don't think I've ever been attracted TO them. I definitely get attached to them though, like I want to protect them and for them to lead a happy fulfilled life. Sometimes I'll have a sim that I wish was real because I reckon we'd be good friends or something buuuttt that's about as far as it goes
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No, I have never felt that way. Pixels and polygons do nothing for me.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2017
    I regularly find my Sims attractive, but it's a very tame attraction that produces feelings of wanting to protect them from evil Sims and the like. The ones I really feel are good-looking give me urges to write their physical appearance for a character in a book, and I'll just admire them while playing them and the like. Nothing se..ual though. Cute sims just make my heart feel raw, but they haven't reached that level of entertainment for me.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    So do any of you have an unrealistic attraction to some of your Sims that affects you physically? Or am I just a weirdo?

You are just a weirdo

But so am i.
    I do sometimes make pretty females just for the sake of making a bunny house, but thats it, i dont feel jealous towards my characters at all, even if they are an unholy hybrid of Chuck-Norris and Magaiver, in the same way, i don't feel sory for their suffering either
    jr73Y.gif

v12creator wrote: »
    I do sometimes make pretty females just for the sake of making a bunny house, but thats it, i dont feel jealous towards my characters at all, even if they are an unholy hybrid of Chuck-Norris and Magaiver, in the same way, i don't feel sory for their suffering either

Mmmm, okay. So I might be a little bit more weird than I've admitted. I've done a similar thing with guys.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
    Hahah. I am not ashamed. I can find whatever I find attractive all I want!!! Rejoice, weirdos!
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    If I could find a man as hot as Shinya I would never leave the house....LOL Shinya is in my profile pic and the guy to his left is his exboyfriend Reeve. I do have an odd love for my Sim but I know where the comes from. When I created Shinya I put a little bit of people to whom I once knew IRL as well a little bit of a few of my anime characters. None of whom are with us today and in my game, a part of them gets their happy ending and they live on, in my heart and in my game.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I tend to thnk all sims-- most look good and the opposite gender ones are attractive but not drawn to them, just feel they have a look that makes them fun to play-- don't want to play a sim I think is totally ugly lol. But I do have two sims I like more than most so I can never bring myself to do anything rotten to them. It's like I feel like I have strong 'friendship' with them or something lol; Sims 3 Zelda Mae and Sims 4 Candy Behr lol... But no jealousy. I am jealous of the lives my sims lead though-- All the time!!

I sadly have the reverse problem... My challenge is keeping myself from having/ letting my sim(s) cheat... It's not real life and so I shamelessly let them smooch all over at times... Also many times have second thoughts after the fact and end up reloading my last save to undo it... :lol:
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Can't say I've felt strongly for any of my sims lately. However I did have a little crush on Meadow Thayer in TS2 when I was younger.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Sometimes is pretty hard not to be attracted by our own creations hahaha Most of them represent the deepest of our desires mixed with the very unconscious essence of all we lived. Physically or mentally, they are what we want (even to be).

I like to create stories and I've got my fair sum of envy, lust and realizations through characters I made, in games or not, they help me know myself. And I believe these are the best crafted ones since they speak to us somehow, they get us committed; they evoke in us human feelings. We should use them in your favour. I owe a lot to fiction, like in realizing sooner I was bi as I could play and explore more my attractions - I bet it spared me a lot of time and confusing experiences, energy I could spend learning something else rather.

Usually when it brings me sadness is 'cause I'm facing some problem I need to correct, within myself or in the world.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @DominicLaurence woah... so deep bro
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    no, i tend to think of all my sims as my children tbh. i think they are cute, but i just want to protect them and let them be happy.
    i don't get jealous of them, but i don't think i've ever been jealous of someone's appearance.
    here is the sim i think is the cutest:
    tumblr_oshgupId0U1ullq0lo1_1280.pngtumblr_oshgupId0U1ullq0lo3_r1_540.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

@allisonchurch She is absolutely beautiful! I also think of sims as my children, but there are other times where I see them as my long lost love.
    @DominicLaurence That is super depressing and very true. Your profile picture is super attractive, and I could see that as someone I'd want to be myself. Like I kind-of said, The Sims is a form of an alternate reality we all wish we could live in.

Perhaps I get too emotional when playing this game. But it just goes to show what kind of person you are. There is a lot to be told in how people play The Sims, what they do, how they dress, what their house looks like... It can be a very interesting psychological study.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    That's not weird at all. I suspect that a lot of players project their ideal selves onto their sims, and may even create sims based on physical traits they find attractive. Like my current avatar, for example. I made him for a reality show, and I was going for a devilishly handsome vibe. I ended up caring about him more than I'd expect. :D

I've also felt attracted to the Sims 2 version of Don Lothario way back then. And sometimes I feel attracted to curvy female sims while I'm picking out their lingerie. :D I guess I kind of sound like a creep when I put it that way, but I don't care.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited July 2017
    @DominicLaurence You have no idea how much I connected with what you just said.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Definitely a psychological study. Never been jealous of any of my sims, generally feel protective, but not above injecting some drama into their little electronic lives. Must admit that there have been some so incredibly cute and nice female sims in Sims2 that are such 'bring home to Ma' types that it would have been nice to get them out of the computer into life on this side of the screen.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    That's interesting.
    I've never felt any jealousy towards my sims to be honest
    In fact sometimes I kind of feel a bit sorry for them since they live in this world where they're forced to do whatever they're told.. so I just try to be a gracious god so to speak
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I always love my Sims, but I would like them even more with chest hair.
  • karizzleskarizzles Posts: 263 Member
    I don't really get jealous of my sims, but when I do the make out on the couch thing, well, I do get jealous that I don't have that in my ife. Sounds weird...

I'd show the picture of the guy character I play all the time because he is attractive. As I am still considered a new member even though I joined in 2013 ._. But I will eventually show my attractive sim.
    0002745_yuri-on-ice-nitotan-plush-keychains_550.jpeg

Mmm, this is a Sim I've made recently. Kinda love him.
    zlci2h.png
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    No, you're not alone in this. I find a particular sim very attractive too and funny enough he's also my favourite and the main character of my story. As I wanted him to have a facial hair but couldn't find any suitable for him, I made one myself for him and now he's very attractive, haha. :lol:
    ulOezZ7.png

My plan originally was to have him be a player and many girlfriends at once, but... I refrained from that. If I could have any sims 4 trait, Jealousy would be one of them... :lol:

This is him currently as an elder and still he's being attractive.
    9YpdzXG.png

Sad thing is he's got only a few days left until he dies of old age, and I think I'll be genuinly sad if that happens. He's got the Long Life trait and I played him for 7 months. He has accomplished so much, and he's made me laugh so many times in difficult times. I'll miss him for sure.