March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sophistication & Sass - Please read announcement on page 19

Comments

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    Thank you!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Love the model wall!! Haha I just noticed the models are a mix of blonde and black hair! XD. Cool ;).
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

They are - I hadn't noticed either lol
    6rj4Q13.png
  • annathefantabulousannathefantabulous Posts: 200 Member
    Oop, I agree. The model wall is real nice! Great work @BeechNutBaby
  • ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @JennaCatz Lovely entry. Beautiful colors! B)
    @MizoreYukii Adorable model, lovely colors, and love the pose! B)

@BeechNutBaby Dito, love the Model Wall. Everything fits & flows nicely together! B)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
    Thanks everyone :)

@annathefantabulous :: Looks like you got your posts up high enough to be a MEMBER!!! <3
    2tfw4E9
    6rj4Q13.png
    @BeechNutBaby Haha thanks so much! <3
    Just a heads up - I have asked ONE MORE person to be my second judge and I'm hoping he will say yes *cough* @Evergreen226 *cough*

But if I don't hear back from him soon, I will post scores this evening on my own and keep trying!
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2017
    And just like that - We have our judge! @Evergreen226 is gonna help us out!

tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    :kissing_heart: I'll have my scores in later tonight for everyone~
    23uvol1.jpg
    Okay, my scores are almost done, just waiting for a response from Beech about something. You all did such a great job!

For those who've never had me judge a competition they're in or are new - my comments can get long and at times may seem nitpicky, but back in the day, people (at least to my little middle school self) were the same way and it really helped me improve. I mean no bad feelings by anything I say. A lot of the time, I give recommendations for how you could have upped the photo just that little bit to take it to the next level and it's something I want to see y'all doing - I want to see growth and improvement with people in each round and I think, even just from this first mock round, you all have such INCREDIBLE talent already. It was almost impossible not to nitpick! Hahah. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, please PM me here and we can have a conversation in private :)
    23uvol1.jpg
    @Evergreen226 :: Email has been answered, love <3

@Penguinwa101 will be our other judge (and hopefully more permanent judge)!! Yay!
    6rj4Q13.png
    Scores have been sent off <3
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited July 2017
    AbRQMSR.png

FIRST, SOME WORDS FROM BEECH:

You all did so well with this first round and I was very impressed with each photo I judged. Keep up the stellar work and I'm sure I'll continue to be impressed!

In regards to the slideshow...

Your scores and comments are posted on an outside website in alphabetical order based on your simming username! Your final placements will be shown in a slideshow that is on the same page as your comments.

Please watch the entire slideshow in order to see where you ended up. Remember!!! You are competing against your fellow teammates so you will see 1st-7th placements for BOTH teams!

DnF7Kp2.png
    If the button above does not work, CLICK HERE to see scores and comments.
    If neither link above works, TRY THIS LINK instead.
    Post edited by BeechNutBaby on
    6rj4Q13.png
    Everything has been officially posted!

This was a fabulous first round - keep up the excellent work!

NO ONE WAS ELIMINATED
    Eliminations start this round!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,211 Member
    edited July 2017
    Checking in, @BeechNutBaby. Thank you so much, judges and I'm really excited about the next round. :)

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited July 2017
    Checking in! Thanks for the scores and comments. Congrats to both team winners!

Edit: Btw, I'm not sure if it is just the browser I am currently on, but the captions cut off at a certain point when they get too long. Hopefully you can figure out how to get Weebly to cooperate and display the comments as normal. xD
    Checking in @BeechNutBaby. Thank you all so much for the kind words! Are we allowed to message judges to ask about the comments? If not I totally get it, I just want to ask about how to improve something that was pointed out. Thanks so much :)
    Already got Assignment Two done! A bit soon, yes, but I'm headed for vacation tomorrow and wanted to get it out of the way. But, I'll be returning on the 12th, so I should be back before the judging is done! Regardless, have my portrait!

30dj6gx.jpg
    Checking in! Thanks for the scores and comments. Congrats to both team winners!

Edit: Btw, I'm not sure if it is just the browser I am currently on, but the captions cut off at a certain point when they get too long. Hopefully you can figure out how to get Weebly to cooperate and display the comments as normal. xD

I went away for a bit to the store, came back, and it let me fix it :) all is like it usually is.
    6rj4Q13.png
    Checking in @BeechNutBaby. Thank you all so much for the kind words! Are we allowed to message judges to ask about the comments? If not I totally get it, I just want to ask about how to improve something that was pointed out. Thanks so much :)

You are more than welcome to ask questions, but we do ask that you do them politely (we've been attacked by contestants before) and if it is in regards to something you want to fix, you can totally do it publicly on the forum if you are comfortable :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Thank you for the feedback/comments! Will try to do better/more sophisticated styling next round! :).
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

@BeechNutBaby Oh, of course I'll be polite about it! I just was wondering if you guys had any advice for the blue blob that was pointed out. To be truthful, I didn't notice it until two of you mentioned it. The picture wasn't edited at all, though - it was just a pretty CAS background that I was using ingame at the time. I've went in and I've noticed that it's like that with several backgrounds I use, so in the event that this blob is there is there any way I could improve it in the future? Once I noticed it it bugged me to no end, haha, so I was just wondering if there was any way to improve the problem that you knew of. I'm only asking cause you guys are a lot more experienced at this than I am, so if you're not sure it's perfectly alright, but I figured I may as well ask because it is something I'd like to fix if I go this route again :)
    @annathefantabulous I think that the blue haze/blob/etc is because you are posing your model in CAS as opposed to the actual game. I'm not sure what the limitations of poses are in TS4, but I think they've managed to create a pose player for in-game as well at this point.

If someone with a little more experience using TS4 for modeling has any tips, that'd be great as well!
    23uvol1.jpg
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2017
    @BeechNutBaby Oh, of course I'll be polite about it! I just was wondering if you guys had any advice for the blue blob that was pointed out. To be truthful, I didn't notice it until two of you mentioned it. The picture wasn't edited at all, though - it was just a pretty CAS background that I was using ingame at the time. I've went in and I've noticed that it's like that with several backgrounds I use, so in the event that this blob is there is there any way I could improve it in the future? Once I noticed it it bugged me to no end, haha, so I was just wondering if there was any way to improve the problem that you knew of. I'm only asking cause you guys are a lot more experienced at this than I am, so if you're not sure it's perfectly alright, but I figured I may as well ask because it is something I'd like to fix if I go this route again :)

Hmm I think I'm aware of what you're talking about, if you want the blob gone try this:
    http://taomo-4sims4.tumblr.com/post/97286055244/cas-blob-remover-cas-backgroyund-by
    I believe inside this download there's literally a separate file called blob, that file alone should do the trick?

There's also the poseplayer for if your doing in game posing and not CAS, but I don't know if you want that?

Checking in @BeechNutBaby that's a super fun way to pass the results around, it was fun just to watch! I'm going to try getting started on the next assignment as soon as I can! I'm excited for next round!
    Post edited by SimlishPopstar on