Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long is 1 gameplay session for you?

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Trowicia wrote: »
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Trowicia wrote: »
    Actually playing? About 2-3 hours.
    Meanwhile if you ever peep my Origin online activity, you'll see that I leave my game running so much it'd seem like I play for 12-16 hours straight or something when that's never the case.

@Trowicia Is there a reason you keep your game running?

I multitask, a lot. It usually means I'm in another game or watching some videos.

I also keep Sims 4 connected and ready to play but on pause. ( We all know Sims can not take care of themselves )Sometimes I am away for hours 3 to maybe 12 hours. also I do forget it's on if I am in a different program, then when I return to play. I play for maybe an hour. But if I have a toddler. I stay longer. Or something interesting is going on in the game.
    I use to spend a lot more time in-game. I want to play but have less time.
    leaving my computer on does not bother me.

I seldom keep mine up when not playing, mainly because I like to clear the cache files after each playing session to keep it running smoothly. Also, I usually shut my whole computer down when I'm not using it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2017
    I get bored easily so I've never played for more than an hour at a time. I usually play for 20-30 minutes, which I understand seems nothing to some people!
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    From 20 minutes to 6 hours or more :)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Whenever I save I check the RL time so I never go past 3 hours. I think it's unhealthy to play for longer than 4 hours.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    If I'm creating a sim, an hour. If I'm playing a sim, five minutes. I get bored with it fast.
    I've been addicted to Sims 3 lately. That I get addicted to for hooooours
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited July 2017
    Either i play for the whole day or i don't at all. Sometimes i open the game and stare at my gallery for a few minutes then close it down to do something else, but when i actually get an idea for something to do in game i spend the whole afternoon, maybe 8 hours binge-playing thesims4 till i stop to satisfy secondary things..such as real hunger.
    jr73Y.gif

• bmj97bmj97 Posts: 61 Member
    It varies.

-CAS is usually up to an hour.
    -Building is anywhere from an hour to up to six hours (my longest session yet)
    -Playing with Sims is from an hour to three hours.
  • KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    From a few minutes to a few hours based on numerous variables.
  • tiamiatiamia Posts: 63 Member
    3-7 hours. I don't play every single day, so I try to get in as much as I can in one playing session.
    tumblr_n3rku5LZwi1r7y61oo1_500.gif
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    It depends. When I'm in serious gaming spree (for example, when there's new expansion or gamepack I can play even all day with just little breaks. In general it's usually more than hour or two.
    But then, when I'm not in a mood for sims, I abandon the game for weeks.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    It depends on a lot of things, but my play-sessions last anywhere from an hour or two, to twelve whole hours. :D On one rare occasion that I had a day off from work, I played from 10:30 in the morning to almost midnight.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    average is around 3-5 hours for me. Studying still hinders my playtime but I can still go on for 7 ot 8 hour session rarely :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I guess it really depends. Usually when nothing interesting happens, it would be about 1-2 hours.
    When something random and great happens in my game like an unexpected death, then it would be around 4 hours.

If you don't mind me asking how much of that is taken up with getting the right screenshots/ setting up the narratives for Dylan's, shall we call them "life experiences" ?

Pretty much the whole hour. :D No joke. That's why I always get so tired after that that I would have to stop after 2 hours when nothing interesting in the game comes up.

If you're interested... how it goes is like this:

- I set up the narratives before I go on my game. I picture in my mind how I want the screenshots to look, and the captions I'm going to use, so I know exactly what kinda expression I want them to make.
    - Then, I get into my game and then I spend maybe about 10 mins taking care of their needs.
    - Next, I get Dylan out and about with whomever I want him to interact with and then I spend about 45 mins to 1 hour getting the correct angles. Sometimes, it's much faster than that, like maybe just 10 mins. It really depends how well the sims are cooperating with me. LOL.
    - Lastly, I bring him home and then take care of all their needs again and let them sleep. Then, I exit my game.

Interesting, thanks. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I used to play for 6 hours daily, but I did get bored and the new stuff isn't keeping me very interested, now it is 1 or 2 once in a while, I am hoping when we get Pets it will go back to being longer. I have all the EPs, SPs, GPs, and Stuff Packs, I did remove Get Together to make room for Pets I never really liked the world, and the stuff in it I don't really miss.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Like minutes anymore (if I even get on at all). I'm out of room to build (I don't want to build in different saves, I want my sims to be able to use any of my builds in the same game). Also for me, the sims in TS4 are lacking in personality. I've tried so hard to like this game. I loved sims 1 and 2 instantly. Sims 3 took me some time, but I ended up loving that too. I just can't with this game. And clearly, things are not getting better when some do-do bird is coming up with packs like "Fitness Stuff".

If anyone has suggestions of how to make TS4 fun, maybe something you're doing in game (a challenge or a certain gameplay), I'd be interested in trying. Thanks!
  • determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    It depends on my plans for my game or mood. If I have a clear easy-to-achieve goal I can play for several hours but for longterm goals it can be as short as 10-30 mins. Then I play something else to get a break and return to the game later.
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    I usually spend about 3-8 hours depending on my mood and what I intended to achieve during the gameplay :)
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • BellKidsBellKids Posts: 18 New Member
    It depends on what I'm doing in the game. If I play a save other than my legacy family(not challenge) which is rare because I never really play with another family, I am on generation 7 and I'm trying to make it to 10. So on another save not legacy, maybe like 30 minutes to an hour, bc I get bored from other saves idk why. But on my legacy it could last me a lifetime. Once I decided to play around 9 PM because I couldn't wait till morning to experience my teens prom night, and instead of being a couple hours it lasted until I tried to put my phone on vibrate because the notifications were loud and my family was asleep and the time was 3:40AM! Yeah this is he only game I can do that with haha, I have played more than 6 hours before but not that late(at night) and early(in the morning)
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Generally about 6 or so hours... Nothing too exciting happens but it seems rare that it will...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Chuck_DegenerateChuck_Degenerate Posts: 44 Member
    I don't bother playing unless I have nothing at all planned for the day. My sessions usually last 1-8 hours, but with a lot of breaks taken in that time as well. So, maybe between 30 minutes and five hours overall.
    I don't bother playing unless I have nothing at all planned for the day. My sessions usually last 1-8 hours, but with a lot of breaks taken in that time as well. So, maybe between 30 minutes and five hours overall.

Part of the problem I find it knowing when/how often to take breaks, then actually taking them - forgetting to eat etc is so easy when playing computer/video games.
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    It really depends on the day. If I play during the earlier hours, it's usually 1-2 hours because my schedule is often interrupted. If I play later in the evening (9 pm or later) my game sessions are much longer since I am a night owl :D
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Depends on the day and my mood. Sometimes I'll only play 30 minutes, other times I'll play a few hours.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
    Interesting range of diversity, yet somehow similarity going on here.