Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is City Living EP Still Buggy?

Comments

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I did try posting this in the Expansions topic, but it seemed like it was pretty dead atm. I hope it's okay if I post it here! :)

Is City Living still bugged and glitchy (I don't have it, but I've heard there were problems with it)? If so, what are the glitches/bugs, and how are they affecting gameplay? Is the bug/name priority issue where a massive amount of townies are either Asian (I believe it was Asian) or have Asian names still around? I've heard some players commenting about that.

Thanks in advance!

It was never buggy for me in the first place, so I wouldn't be able to say if anything changed in that regards in the first place :-)
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Lol! I recently switched to a new computer, and I was able to play City Living. For a while I couldn't play, since my laptop simply stopped working and cause I switched to a gaming desktop. These couple of days I've been actually playing the game and I had no idea the Asian names were a bug! So yeah in that case there is a huge issue with Asian names, but I pretend it's like Tokyo so I don't really mind. What does bother me is the clothes bug. But I think that's a problem with the vampires GP? However I don't have issues with lagging (not really) or the time speed. Oooh but sims have an obsession with the talking toilet.

I kinda like the names, so I never really saw it as a bug :-)
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    @liliaeth So far I don't seem to be having any problems with my bug-test Sims save, but I guess I'll see as time goes on. My only concern with the names is that I tend to play Sims with other culturally geared names, so I didn't want them sticking out like a sore thumb, lmao.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    The festivals last about 7 sim hours or so. You can see their ending time on the festval info panel, but it's rarely accurate.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    @Tomatplante Oh, good. I was expecting they'd last a couple days. So, don't go to the festivals unless you have money for food. Got it. Thanks for all the info, guys. <3
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
    @Tomatplante Oh, good. I was expecting they'd last a couple days. So, don't go to the festivals unless you have money for food. Got it. Thanks for all the info, guys. <3

well if you have parenthood, your sim could bag some food and take it with them as well:-)
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I have the name bug going on too and especially the name Suzuki. There's always Sims generated with that name no matter where/how/when I play. I also think that a lot of the Sims in the city look alike. I'd like to see my diversity (ironically as that is) I love mixing different looks into my families and occasionally I have to just create suitable Sims to marry because I can't find enough contrast in the game generated ones.
  • harmzangelharmzangel Posts: 8 New Member
    > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > apart from the names, speed 3 is essentially not functional in San Myshuno
    > so whether that matters to your gameplay or not is how i'd make my decision

Ugh! Yes! THIS! I hate it! I find speed 3 will work better if both sims are sleeping but yeah, otherwise it doesn't really work which can make the game feel tedious at times.

> @Orchid13 said:
    > Lol! I recently switched to a new computer, and I was able to play City Living. For a while I couldn't play, since my laptop simply stopped working and cause I switched to a gaming desktop. These couple of days I've been actually playing the game and I had no idea the Asian names were a bug! So yeah in that case there is a huge issue with Asian names, but I pretend it's like Tokyo so I don't really mind. What does bother me is the clothes bug. But I think that's a problem with the vampires GP? However I don't have issues with lagging (not really) or the time speed. Oooh but sims have an obsession with the talking toilet.

I have the clothes bug and I DON'T have the Vampire EP so it was most likely from a game update. I mean crazy amounts of accessories on these sims at festivals. They show up wearing hats/turbans, glasses, earrings (even the males), bracelets, necklaces, gloves AND tights SMH. Sometimes tights without pants -- GROSS! It's pretty bad. I just ignore them and spend time with my sim and his invited friends who are surprisingly, usually dressed appropriately.
    I have another bug I have yet to see anyone post about. I'm currently playing Penny Pizzazz because she started dating and got engaged to my sim. I had her move in and she was a high level social media star while my sim was in a mid-level social media star. He was able to do so much more on the computer than she is. He's able to broadcast status, promote image, start funny meme, advertise major product and he's 2 levels below her *SMH*. I had her quit and rejoin thinking that would fix it. Nope. It actually dropped her 2 career levels and I had to max charisma to get the post viral video option to gain larger numbers of followers than she would get with update social media status and share jokes with followers. It stinks not being able to advertise a major product because she has over 3 mil followers so the loss of followers wouldn't hurt her as much as it would hurt my other sim who only has 600k followers but has the ability to advertise a major product. I DO have mods and custom content but the house they are living in is heavily decorated with custom content so removing my mods folder to see if that fixes the issue is a no-no.
    > @liliaeth said:
    > IgneousGelding wrote: »
    >
    > @Tomatplante Oh, good. I was expecting they'd last a couple days. So, don't go to the festivals unless you have money for food. Got it. Thanks for all the info, guys. <3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > well if you have parenthood, your sim could bag some food and take it with them as well:-)

The Spice Festival also has a TON of FREE food. There's a bunch of vegetable plants to harvest and bring home to cook with later, grilled items, curry for the "spicy curry challenge", 5 food options from the food stalls to eat for free which is great because you get to check some of the city living foods off your list and learn the recipes to cook at home. *PARENTHOOD EP TIP* I go and bag the food toward the end of the festival, put it in my sim's inventory, take it home, unpack it and put the plates in the fridge. They last a day or two in the fridge and you get free lunches and dinners for a couple of days ;)
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    @harmzangel Maybe try resetting your girl and repairing the game?
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    It's a bit buggy for me, the most annoying thing was that I couldn't click on the doors of loud neighbors, and the noises didn't stop, leading to my sims being exausted because they couldn't get any sleep. Anyone else having this problem? I need to use a mod for this now, which disables the loud neighbors.

Btw, my game never spawns any sims with arabic and/or asian names, but I have a mod that changes the naming of the game generated townies, maybe that's why.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2017
    You can disallow CC on townies with sims 4 studio. They still get horrendous generated outfits but at least I don't see any random townies swimming with massive fairy wings on anymore.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    harmzangel wrote: »
    I have another bug I have yet to see anyone post about. I'm currently playing Penny Pizzazz because she started dating and got engaged to my sim. I had her move in and she was a high level social media star while my sim was in a mid-level social media star. He was able to do so much more on the computer than she is. He's able to broadcast status, promote image, start funny meme, advertise major product and he's 2 levels below her *SMH*. I had her quit and rejoin thinking that would fix it. Nope. It actually dropped her 2 career levels and I had to max charisma to get the post viral video option to gain larger numbers of followers than she would get with update social media status and share jokes with followers. It stinks not being able to advertise a major product because she has over 3 mil followers so the loss of followers wouldn't hurt her as much as it would hurt my other sim who only has 600k followers but has the ability to advertise a major product. I DO have mods and custom content but the house they are living in is heavily decorated with custom content so removing my mods folder to see if that fixes the issue is a no-no.

Most of these interactions are tied to charisma level and not job level (many if them can be done by all Sims and have been in the game since launch). The game can put Sims in careers without respect to skill requirements, but this is true of all unplayed Sims.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
    > @starcrunch said:
    > harmzangel wrote: »
    >
    > I have another bug I have yet to see anyone post about. I'm currently playing Penny Pizzazz because she started dating and got engaged to my sim. I had her move in and she was a high level social media star while my sim was in a mid-level social media star. He was able to do so much more on the computer than she is. He's able to broadcast status, promote image, start funny meme, advertise major product and he's 2 levels below her *SMH*. I had her quit and rejoin thinking that would fix it. Nope. It actually dropped her 2 career levels and I had to max charisma to get the post viral video option to gain larger numbers of followers than she would get with update social media status and share jokes with followers. It stinks not being able to advertise a major product because she has over 3 mil followers so the loss of followers wouldn't hurt her as much as it would hurt my other sim who only has 600k followers but has the ability to advertise a major product. I DO have mods and custom content but the house they are living in is heavily decorated with custom content so removing my mods folder to see if that fixes the issue is a no-no.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Most of these interactions are tied to charisma level and not job level (many if them can be done by all Sims and have been in the game since launch). The game can put Sims in careers without respect to skill requirements, but this is true of all unplayed Sims.

MAYBE. But then again I've also maxed out her charisma skill and still don't have access to these interactions :( The viral video interaction at level 10 charisma has been a lifesaver but I still feel like I'm missing out with her.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For the past few weeks all festivals load except the Spice Festival and Flea Market.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For the past few weeks all festivals load except the Spice Festival and Flea Market.

How interesting. I had my sim go to a household across the way from the Flea Market before it started and everything loaded up. Cool. whew
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    The last time I checked my City Living was broke in the way of no more protesters in the streets, small items not showing up in flea markets, and free boxes not showing up on the streets. Those are my main upsets in the game. Yeah, my townies have goofy outfits on that seem to only show up during festivals (I had Darth Maul in a suit during the romance festival it was kind of funny). But I don't mind that. They call all be Darth Maul for all I care, I just want protests and flea markets to work again. Plus without them and the free boxes my boys can't finish their snow globe collection. That too because when small items were at the flea market they'd glitch and you couldn't take them out of your inventory without them vanishing. So irritating :(
  • GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    I have a problem with the spice booth, when I go to buy spices for my sims I can't do it because there's a table stuck in the middle of the booth. I can't move the table because it is a restricted area.Is there a way to add the spices that came with city living to the computer, so that my sims can order them.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes it is still buggy. For me the worst bug is items spawning into each other in the communal areas. This is most noticeable at the festivals. It can make them almost unplayable. EA have really been trying to fix it. It is getting better but it is still not completely fixed. Other communal areas suffer as well.
    eUfdf2j.jpg
    LGNQIit.png
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Notice, to fix the festival wait until that festival comes around and stay until the festival ends, the festival should pack up as normal, and the next time it comes around can be used properly. This bug is caused by leaving the festival before it ends. Also there is another bug that if you were on a different lot like the apartment lot and the festival happened on the apartment lot and you left the lot to go to a different lot and come back after the festival the festival on that apartment lot will stay and than you go to the community lot for a festival, the other festival from that apartment lot will also appear on the community lot with the other festival.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I did have the free boxes show up not too long ago, but it hasn't done it again since. Is it that horribly sporadic and random? Still no protesters nor small items at the flea markets. I haven't noticed any more goony outfits at festivals so maybe that's getting fixed.
  • nm223181nm223181 Posts: 62 Member
    Every townie is Asian! Which is fine.. except almost all my townie are Asian (mix it up with some other races please). Also, very strange generated names. My game runs pretty slow in the city, so I never really play there. I also find the festivals boring.. but that's just me :). I would delete the expansion, except I love the clothing/hair/furniture that comes with it :)
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    Ive never had a major problem with City Living since i got it a few weeks ago. I mean there is little things like it taking a bit to get from apartment to the streets but nothing major as some of the things in this thread. Now i know why people dislike CL so much.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Notice, to fix the festival wait until that festival comes around and stay until the festival ends, the festival should pack up as normal, and the next time it comes around can be used properly. This bug is caused by leaving the festival before it ends. Also there is another bug that if you were on a different lot like the apartment lot and the festival happened on the apartment lot and you left the lot to go to a different lot and come back after the festival the festival on that apartment lot will stay and than you go to the community lot for a festival, the other festival from that apartment lot will also appear on the community lot with the other festival.

The bug is not only caused by leaving the festival early and staying until the end does not always fix it. The last time I stayed until the end of the Humour and Hijinks Festival this was the disastrous result:
    r5OnpZI.jpg