Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I like plum colors and lots of windows facing the water."

Requirements

Beach inspired color

Just to clarify... the "plum" colors is suppose to be be.ach.y?

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I have some questions about #192 By the Waterside:

Any particular town?
    Any particular lot?
    If not, can we bulldoze a lot that currently has an occupied house on it or can we create a new lot to build on?
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    ciane wrote: »

Requirements

Beach inspired color

:D I'm glad you asked, I would have decked out the thing in deep purple and never thought twice about it!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

Requirements

Beach inspired color

Really, we can't use be.ach.y? Yes, that is correct @ciane and @creativemetaphor

cwaddell wrote: »
    I have some questions about #192 By the Waterside:

Any particular town?
    Any particular lot?
    If not, can we bulldoze a lot that currently has an occupied house on it or can we create a new lot to build on?

@cwaddell - unless it's specified in the brief, where you build is completely up to you, of course you can bulldoze a lot that already has an occupied house, or create a new lot to build on.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Maybe "it" is replacement for "ea" sometimes? Only a guess!

I found a houseboat layout to mimic and alter, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it's possible for 70k.
    ATTENTION INTERMEDIATE ENTRANTS TO #189 - NEW BEGINNINGS
    Your results are now available here. Apologies for the delay.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2017
    ATTENTION ADVANCED ENTRANTS TO #189 - NEW BEGINNINGS
    Your results are now available here. Apologies for the delay.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #192 - By The Waterside

NAME: creativemetaphor

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded

LINK TO MEDIA: Vitamin Sea la vie
    2-exterior-0.jpg

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: included in above

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x25, custom placed in Sunlit Tides, final cost: 69,497

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Inspired by tropical beach homes, this house doesn't just blur the line between indoor and outdoor living, it erases it! Living room and master bedroom feature walls which fold open to connect inside with out and expand enjoyment of both. And when you love the outdoors, this is a great mood-booster!

The main room follows an open concept with dining at the kitchen counter, and plenty of seating inside and out for entertaining and relaxing, including a fire-pit for summer barbecues. There is a cupola above to cool the house and let in additional light. Two guest bedrooms connect off the main house, with guest bath usable by the bedrooms and living areas.

The beach-side gazebo has a juice bar, and there is a small half-bath nearby so no one needs to leave sandy footprints in the house to use the necessities.

The master suite and main house are separated by a covered living deck, making the suite feel like a private retreat, with a spa-like bathroom featuring a glass-enclosed shower, elegant sunken soaking tub with fountain, plenty of counter space, and large studio closet.

Outside the master bedroom is the hot-tub deck, connecting to the living deck by a walkway which curls around a large stack of stones. One could dive right off the deck into the water, and when the whole ocean is your swimming pool, why not?

Every window offers breathtaking views of the water and island and the entire house is outfitted with speaker systems inside and out. Thatched roofing, bamboo siding, and sun-bleached wood floors make this home truly an island paradise.

(edit: I changed out the standard tub for a 'sunken tub', and reshot the pics of the bathroom, but if the first tub managed to sneak into a picture here or there, just know it's changed now. It was 'fun' doing the math for that one, I forgot to save at the time the build was finished so I didn't have a clean copy to work from. Doh!)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    Wow, you were quick this time around CM! I have the houseboat built and furnished. It's one simolean under price. :) Now I have all the CASting to do.
    edited July 2017
    @ciane Had a week off :mrgreen: looking forward to seeing what you came up with!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    I haven't play tested yet, but the pics are here:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/boat
    It's beautiful @ciane!!!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Thank you @FaithofKaela. So far I've discovered the podium MOOd into the island counter will only let you VIEW and not play, dance, and work out; so I've an extra 245 to spend. :D And I had to place the music player on a counter.
    @ciane Oh that's lovely!! I've never made a houseboat, I'm not even sure how! (is Island Paradise the EP that gives that ability??) Love the detail around the hottub deck (can't think of what it's called off hand, the roof decor pieces). The whole thing just beckons one to come and be rocked to sleep on the waves.
    Aw, thanks, CM! Yes, I love IP and all the water stuff added, though it brings a lot of problems with it as well. (Sims and horses will take water taxis all over!) I lucked unto those cornices. I like the width they add, as if you could lean against them or even sit on them. I could so enjoy sitting in the hot tub and having that unrestricted view of the water all around.
    I finished play testing and upgrading everything. Pics are in the upload and here:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/boat

roof_up_original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9110228

Cost was one simolean under budget. The pedestal I MOOd into the counter island kept the radio from working as one by making it a work of art that could only be viewed, so I deleted the $250 pedestal and bought two $125 outdoor wall radio speakers with the money. :)

The lot on the exchange is fully upgraded and just over 50k now.
    @ciane But the budget is listed as 70k?
    It is 70k for a lot with no depreciation. So, you have to only spend 70k on it and not add anything more after depreciation. I took my sim a full week to upgrade everything since I don't use cheats to make needs static (and my sim wasn't handy). By the time I finished upgrading the Sim went from no handiness skills to maxed handiness with a certificate to show for it! Three bathrooms is a lot of plumbing!
    @ciane Ooh okay I get what you mean now.
    It's getting closer to the end of the month. Hopefully, we'll see some more ideas popping in.
    @ciane agreed! i love seeing the myriad ways people take the prompts and create them!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I doubt I'll be able to get this done, although, you never know. But the next small build, I'm definitely in!
    Intermediate results for #191 Koi Herring has been posted!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Morning all, just to let you know that #192 By The Waterside is now officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2017
    Challenge #193 - Solstice Designer Showdown

So the solstice has passed and we are deep into the new season. What is August like in your part of the world? Hot? Cool? Rainy? Dry? Wherever you live, we’d like the month of August to be your inspiration for this season’s designer showdown. Don’t like the weather where you live? You can choose August in another part of the world to be your inspiration.

THE BRIEF:   

20 x 30 lot anywhere
    3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms residence
    usual kitchen, dining and living areas and anything else you want to put in
    fully landscaped
    theme: August (in your description, please explain how the theme influenced your design)

BUDGET: §83,117 (lot + build cost) Can anyone guess how we came up with this budget figure?

No room or Sim challenge this time around.

Deadline: Thursday, August 31st, 2017, Midnight EST
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top