Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

tips for dealing with toddler sad moodlet without high chair

topic

I find having the high chair really messes things up (sims all getting in a tangle by putting them in and taking them out without rhyme nor reason), so I removed it and the toddlers that I have seem happy sitting in those animal chairs to eat.

However, whenever a toddler gets sad the only solutions presented is give food or drink, which can't be done without the high chair.

Maybe I am being a bit dim and have missed it, but is there not any interaction like comfort or something to solve the moodlet? Is the game's only solution to sad toddlers feeding them?
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes there is a comfort interaction
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    The Bear chair owns the high chair - forever and always.
    Capture.jpg
    Capture-.jpg
    Capture8.jpg
    Sausages!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    topic

I find having the high chair really messes things up (sims all getting in a tangle by putting them in and taking them out without rhyme nor reason), so I removed it and the toddlers that I have seem happy sitting in those animal chairs to eat.

However, whenever a toddler gets sad the only solutions presented is give food or drink, which can't be done without the high chair.

Maybe I am being a bit dim and have missed it, but is there not any interaction like comfort or something to solve the moodlet? Is the game's only solution to sad toddlers feeding them?

You can hover over the whims to get food or drink and then hit the X button to remove it. The whim will be replaced with another one that hopefully, you would be able to do.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    I hope they fix the high chairs. It's so annoying when I have a toddler that is starving hungry who requests to be taken out of the high chair immediately after he's put in like 3 times before he'll just eat, and without any way to cancel the action. Drives me crazy.
    Post edited by samemie on
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I don't use the high chair, but I have in my game. My avi, Cree wanted water yesterday. Her mama put the sippy cup on the high chair, I ended up just moving it to the table and Cree grabbed it.

@samemie I don't put my toddler in the chair for eating any longer. I put the food on the counter and Cree grabs a serving and takes it to her favorite chair to eat.
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    There is a comfort option i usually find mine under friendly interactions. I do have done away with high chairs and my little ones sit at a table near by after getting their servings. I do wish we could make them chicken nuggets and stuff without the high chair tho
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    Spank them and tell them to quit whining.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Either comfort, or play is what I choose. and if that doesn't help send them for a nap. when they wake there no longer sad.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thank you all :smile:

I have found the comfort interaction and yes, napping is good for a 'timeout'

I agree that it would be nice for the food from the high chair to be available from other places. I have also discovered that it is worthwhile keeping berries and fruit in your pockets - gives a nice little happy boost when given to a toddler.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I used to just have a parent hug them.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I really don't like the notion of giving a child food when they are troubled/sad. This helps them onto the path of eating for comfort. Hello, do we want our Sims to become obese? There is a comfort or soothe option under the friendly menu. You can even have the older Sim read them back to sleep. Unless they are Hangry, and that's the heart of their distress, I never hand out food. (I know I'm so strict. If you're late, you don't get fruit cup.)

I never thought to put the bear chair in the dining room, but I have often placed a dining chair or even a bench against one wall in the dining room. That way the room can maintain it's formal look. Although I do like the animal chairs. Generally, I place them in the child's room.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    edited July 2017
    I found that my nanny simply comes in the house cooks a family size meal, places it on the counter and then goes and watches TV. Self service for the toddler all day long. I prefer using the nanny so I can work on skilling up my toddler while dad is at work or school.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Thank you all :smile:

I have found the comfort interaction and yes, napping is good for a 'timeout'

@ModerateOsprey That interaction only pops up in the menu if the toddler is sad, so it can be easy to miss, and it becomes "soothe" instead of "comfort" if you have a sim with the family-oriented trait. When a toddler becomes angry, they get the "calm down" option right where "comfort" pops up for the sad toddlers.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I find that if you really want a high chair to serve those different foods, having the child ask for food will have the parent take them to the high chair and feed them no taking them out, or click on the high chair choose give food to and the parent will put the food on the high chair then go pick up the child and place them in chair again without taking them back out. It works every time.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Marktn wrote: »
    I found that my nanny simply comes in the house cooks a family size meal, places it on the counter and then goes and watches TV. Self service for the toddler all day long. I prefer using the nanny so I can work on skilling up my toddler while dad is at work or school.

That is a good idea. I actually sacked the nanny as she was completely useless as the kiddies had to do all the work!. But yeah, using it as an opportunity for skilling makes sense.

Cheers :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I HATE the highchair. You're right, Sims tend to spend so much time moving the toddler in and out of it.

Instead I just have my sim grab a plate from a group plate, cancel the action, and put the plate on the floor for the toddler haha.
    It may be treating the kid like a dog, but it's a lot less hassle. :smile:
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison