Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where to Digitally Buy Sims 4 DLC Online?

IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member

Edit: I've gotten all the information I need, but other players might find this thread useful.

I tried searching for this on the forums but I couldn't find anything. What online retailer do you guys go to to find Sims 4 DLC on sale/at reduced prices? I'm looking to collect a few Stuff Packs for no-CC building, but Origin never has sales for them. I've heard about GAME as being reputable, but I'm still not sure as I'm super paranoid and am unfamiliar with the gaming market in general. Do you guys have any recommendations? If you've ever bought from GAME, how did it go? I'm looking for digital codes/keys, not a physical copy of the DLC.

Origin ID: graple2001
I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
Post edited by IgneousGelding on

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I tried searching for this on the forums but I couldn't find anything. What online retailer do you guys go to to find Sims 4 DLC on sale/at reduced prices? I'm looking to collect a few Stuff Packs for no-CC building, but Origin never has sales for them. I've heard about GAME as being reputable, but I'm still not sure as I'm super paranoid and am unfamiliar with the gaming market in general. Do you guys have any recommendations? If you've ever bought from GAME, how did it go? I'm looking for digital codes/keys, not a physical copy of the DLC.

www.google.com
  • texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    GAME is a UK store that's similar to Gamestop here in the US. It is reputable. Target just had a sale on stuff packs but it ended a few days ago.

As far as online-only sites, cdkeys has deals on stuff packs and the bundles of stuff packs and game packs. I have tried them and have never had a problem. There was a thread on the forum not long ago where someone asked about cdkeys and no one else had any problems either so I think it's safe to give it a try.
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    Smile.amazon.com is a great place to get your cd keys! It is basically amazon.com, but a portion of your purchase goes towards the charity of your choice. You choose your charity in your account settings, I believe, and then you just search and buy like normally on Amazon.com. My husband runs a homeless shelter and this is one of the ways the mission gets donations. There are a lot of charities on there, big and small!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    texasangel wrote: »
    GAME is a UK store that's similar to Gamestop here in the US. It is reputable. Target just had a sale on stuff packs but it ended a few days ago.

As far as online-only sites, cdkeys has deals on stuff packs and the bundles of stuff packs and game packs. I have tried them and have never had a problem. There was a thread on the forum not long ago where someone asked about cdkeys and no one else had any problems either so I think it's safe to give it a try.

@texasangel Ah, thank you! I've seen advertisements for cdkeys while scrolling through another site not too long ago, but I didn't think much about it 'cause I'm a skeptical nutcase. GAME has some good prices on packs, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on them. I think I might as well add a folder to my favorites bar and just keep a bunch of Origin alternatives in there for when I'm feeling needy. I'll be sure to include Target in there as well, lol.
    Smile.amazon.com is a great place to get your cd keys! It is basically amazon.com, but a portion of your purchase goes towards the charity of your choice. You choose your charity in your account settings, I believe, and then you just search and buy like normally on Amazon.com. My husband runs a homeless shelter and this is one of the ways the mission gets donations. There are a lot of charities on there, big and small!

@Elyssandariel Wow, that is indeed very intriguing! My family does a lot of shopping on Amazon, so I'll have to search this up sometime. Your husband runs a homeless shelter? That's so cool. I, personally, would love to run a rescue for horses (there's always a need for those) or an animal shelter. I hope the homeless shelter does well for many years to come, and that you and your husband have good fortune going forward.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    @IgneousGelding Yes, please do look into that! You could help support a charity close to your heart like an existing animal shelter or a horse rescue! My husband does indeed run a homeless shelter. He has worked there for 14 years this past May, and has been the executive director for maybe 7 or 8 of those years. He moved here to Indiana to marry me from England. We were one of the very first couples to meet online and get married because of it, 8 years later. We had stories in the local papers about it. It's always a great story to tell. Today...well yesterday now, was his birthday, actually! We will have been together 21 years officially in August...wow I feel old now.

I am glad you found a few new places to shop and hopefully you will get a pack that you really like! I am having fun exploring the new parenthood one, myself!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

@Elyssandariel Man, that's so sweet! Happy late birthday to your husband - He's doing a very notable thing! I hope one day I can find a love strong enough to last that long. Life makes it seem like that's not possible sometimes. Aw, don't feel old - feel full of stories and adventures!

Thank you! Parenthood's my favorite out of all the packs so far. It just adds such a meaningful layer of depth to the game. I'm hoping in the future to get Movie Hangout Stuff - I really love one of the male hairs, and if I can find it at a lower price I'll feel less guilty about spending my money, lol.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    texasangel wrote: »

Yep, I was part of that thread, and I second CDKeys. I bought a lot of my stuff there. The only things there that are similar in price to Origin are the individual stuff packs, but if you want a discount on a bundle, GP, or EP, that's your best bet.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    Target recently had a sale on SPs. I picked up a few. They send you the activation key via email, then you dl through Origin.
    Post edited by lasummerb on
    edited July 2017
    @icmnfrsh I saw adds for a couple of those bundles not too long ago as well. If they've got one with Spa Day, then I'll be set. I really love some of the clothes, baha.

@lasummerb I like just missed that sale, lmao. I'll keep an eye on Target.

Thank you guys for the suggestions! This really helps me out. :)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yep, I got that. IIRC it comes with Romantic Garden and Movie Hangout
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    Walmart, Target, Amazon... ORIGIN... I mean, honestly?
    2qwq9ah.jpg
    @John4est What crawled up your butt?