Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2017

Video support has died.
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS71 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART IV
    Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 72 -Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym
    FORUM ID: twtybrd0707
    ORIGIN ID:twtybrd0707
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Re-use and Recycle Gym https://www.thesims.com/gallery/1E8CDA145D4311E781B9C9CBD14E8863?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bns72&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3,500
    BUILD COST: 126,988
    TOTAL COST: 130,488
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/c8rVJ
    ENTRY DETAILS: This gym has a pool, juice/drink bar, meditation area, yoga area, rock wall, treadmills, workout machines, nice sitting areas, bathrooms and locker rooms. I wanted to keep my landscaping more simple in this build.

SIM: NA
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, just MOO

SPACE FOR PICTURES: EJ6zmTs.png
    t3edp89.png

edited June 2017
    Just to give anyone who hosts their media over on photobucket a heads up, they have recently changed their TOS to mean that if you want to share your media on third party sites, i.e. forums, you need to pay them $400 per year! Thanks to @aricarai for informing us of this update.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Just to give anyone who hosts their media over on photobucket a heads up, they have recently changed their TOS to mean that if you want to share your media on third party sites, i.e. forums, you need to pay them $400 per year! Thanks to @aricarai for informing us of this update.

Glad I switched to imgur a while ago!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »

Glad I switched to imgur a while ago!

Me too, their site is so laggy and buggy anyway, now way on earth I am paying $400 for the privilege!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

@BuildnShare Did I misunderstand when you said "You need to keep all four walls in place", did you just mean the outer walls?
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    @BuildnShare Did I misunderstand when you said "You need to keep all four walls in place", did you just mean the outer walls?
    You can merge two containers together, but you cannot cut bits out of one single container, does that make more sense?

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2017
    You can merge two containers together, but you cannot cut bits out of one single container, does that make more sense?

To late for me, I designed with all containers in tact because I missed the info about merges being permitted, thus, technically, only outer walls need to be kept if all containers are lined up. I actually redesigned after you told us "You need to keep all four walls in place" because I had merged 1 half wall of one container. I fixed it after that post but I see from builds since posted that opening the spaces up was allowed.
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #71 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT PART IV
    Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg

To late for me, I designed with all containers in tact because I missed the info about merges being permitted, thus, technically, only outer walls need to be kept if all containers are lined up. I actually redesigned after you told us "You need to keep all four walls in place" because I had merged 1 half wall of one container. I fixed it after that post but I see from builds since posted that opening the spaces up was allowed.

Apologies for the confusion @FoundMarbles :(
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

Apologies for the confusion @FoundMarbles :(

LOL @FoundMarbles I actually misunderstood even more! I thought we just couldn't add walls to the outside and I did cut chunks out of the outer walls to open the cargo containers up to the outside instead of just using windows and doors- so while I thought that would count as intact, I think now that maybe it doesn't? LOL! Oh well, I don't have a lot of confidence in getting it done in time anyway. I leave on Monday for Europe and I'm working each day until I leave. If I think of it I may post the finish copy at some point just to show it. If through a miracle I get it done I'll post it before I go even with the mistake. Shrug- it is what it is. :)
    edited July 2017
    @FoundMarbles, @Ainsleyf and @pronterus - the front page of this thread has been updated to feature all your wonderful winning creations.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 189,036
    TOTAL COST: 192,036
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/yLa6B
    ENTRY DETAILS: Total Wellness Center is a Spa and Gym with all work out areas open to the outdoors. There are separate men's and women's massage and hot tub areas only accessible through the changing areas. There is a sauna and a day care, a meditation garden and a pool, an outdoor play area, rooftop cafe and piano bar with dance floor and a buffet/fountain in the hallway between the two for events. There are regular yoga classes and climbing walls and the changing rooms offer two private toilet/shower areas each as well as a tub room for soaking aching muscles. There is no equipment shop, but there is a cash register at the front desk where earbuds, fitness and wellness books may be sold.https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/03C438D15F3311E7807C291F6B257650

SIM:N/A

ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    pr4TQfk.pngn7cUaWX.png
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @TwtyBrd0707 absolutely lovely, beautifully decorated and looks great with the desert background.
    @hannaht413 beautiful job. Love the creative way you stacked the boxes and your rooftop garden is wonderful!
    I'm just seeing the last Purdie houses posted. I am always impressed and amazed at the incredible talent people exhibit in these projects! Kudos to all of you. Fantastic stuff!
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited July 2017
    Can somebody help me to use flikr. I have put in tags and descriptions but it is not showing up on my photos. :/ Or is there an easier program to you now that photobucket is no more.
    Nevermind I found a way. I just hope this will be ok. :)
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    edited July 2017
    FORUM ID: abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT NAME: Xclusive Fitness Centre
    LOT COST: $3,000
    BUILD COST: 195,689
    TOTAL COST: 198,689
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157682895601744
    LINK TO GALLERY: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/861414165F4A11E7848031B1AA318D0D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false

NB: @BuildnShare the slide show of my entry is back to front. Please view the slide show from the bottom up. :) I really don't know what I am doing with flickr. I have been at it for 5 hours. :( I got it right. :)

NB: @BuildnShare, the right and left walls at the back of my build is not full walls. Is the tallest wall in the half wall selection. :)

ENTRY DETAILS: Xclusive Fitness Centre has something for all. Great gym and trainer. Two swimming pools, gala and diving pools. Rock climbing for the more adventurous sim, yoga for the more mellow sim, and a massage parlor the sim that need a little extra attention.
    When all the hard work and effort is done, stop by our tiki bar or gab a bit at our Xclusive cafe. :)

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

s31hpNs.png

Layout of shipping containers
    Ol8gumd.png
    prTLQkA.png

Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Can somebody help me to use flikr. I have put in tags and descriptions but it is not showing up on my photos. :/ Or is there an easier program to you now that photobucket is no more.
    Having not used flickr, I can't help you with that side of things, however adding titles/description and tags is really simple with imgur.

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited July 2017
    Having not used flickr, I can't help you with that side of things, however adding titles/description and tags is really simple with imgur.

Thanks @FaithofKaela, I finally added the titles, but now my picture slideshow is back to front. I am now tired of this so I will just leave it like that. I am sure I will get the hang of it eventually :) Thanks anyways. <3
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LOT: Windenburg Fitness Centre
    GALLERY LINK:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7E75EEE35A3411E786D46D80A87088EA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:157,742
    TOTAL COST:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/QoMXz

ENTRY DETAILS: I choose to build a modern style gym with a relaxing yoga area and bar with kitchen on the top floor. It is built in where the Pool originally was, in Windenburg. The annoying thing about building there is the members of the Renegade Club keep coming and breaking everything. Apparently, it is their regular hangout. Just a reminder for anyone else who is thinking of building there.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please. Thank you.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

KVPRNSx.png
    @FoundMarbles, @Ainsleyf and @pronterus - the front page of this thread has been updated to feature all your wonderful winning creations.

Very Cool!

P.S. I managed a complete redesign of Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym, so I am still in the running. I was not so sure I could do it, test it and get it posted before the 5th but its done.

I do find imgur the cleanest, user friendly and easy to manage of any such hosts, AND they do not hassle me!

This has been a frustrating build! A Mail box kept popping up in my cafe and when deleted it would just pop back in And things I sold back were returned and finally other items of decoration would be removed. In some cases I did not realize until most screen shots were done! I just gave in and let them be gone. My most frustrating build challenge, yet!
    This has been a frustrating build! A Mail box kept popping up in my cafe and when deleted it would just pop back in And things I sold back were returned and finally other items of decoration would be removed. In some cases I did not realize until most screen shots were done! I just gave in and let them be gone. My most frustrating build challenge, yet!
    Ah the foibles of The Sims 4, I'm glad you got everything done though!!

GArBA5W.jpg

Another Build'n'Share win, Deco Delight just got a maxis favorite!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top