Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Download from the Store with WA installed - (100% effective (I hope))

So I figured EVERYONE should be able to download from the Store using this method. You must have Firefox installed for it to work (and it is SO simple):

1) Open Firefox and go to the item you want to download from the Store

2) Click on Download

3) A window will pop up asking you to choose what program to use for the download

4) Navigate to Applications then The Sims 3 folder then choose World Adventures

5) Voila! This will now install into your World Adventures Launcher.

Hope this helps everyone, apologies if someone has already posted this but I couldn't find a relevant thread :)
apple-signature.png

Comments

• SumnerRainSumnerRain Posts: 33 Member
    edited November 2009
    Didn't work for me. :( I do have FireFox installed, do you think it is one of your addons making it prompt you?

When I click on download it does not give me the option of what to open it with, it just automatically starts to try to launch sims 3. If you mouse over the icon that pops up it says "not responding".

Oh well, I am just thrilled uninstalling sims 3 and reinstalling worked, so I will worry about my downloads later. Hopefully the 2.2? patch fixes this.
  • TempestrinTempestrin Posts: 10
    edited November 2009
    This worked for me, thanks so much!

Another way that I saw to have downloads work (for the Exchange atleast)is to download them manually. Under the "Add to Game" part is an option to "Save File." Save the File and then right click to "Get Info."

Go to "Open with:" and then change the application from The Sims™ 3, which is probably the default, to The Sims™ 3 World Adventures. You can then select to change all the files like this one to have WA as the new default.

Sadly this automatically tries to install them and you have to do them one at a time. :( Otherwise it works for me.
  • HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited November 2009
    the store has always worked for me, but thanks for sharing
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2009
    SumnerRain wrote:
    Didn't work for me. :( I do have FireFox installed, do you think it is one of your addons making it prompt you?

When I click on download it does not give me the option of what to open it with, it just automatically starts to try to launch sims 3. If you mouse over the icon that pops up it says "not responding".

Oh well, I am just thrilled uninstalling sims 3 and reinstalling worked, so I will worry about my downloads later. Hopefully the 2.2? patch fixes this.

What version of Firefox are you using? Mine's 3.5.5. I have no addons and haven't fiddled with the preferences on it since I downloaded it on Tuesday. Hope you get it working :)
    apple-signature.png
  • darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited November 2009

what i did:
    go to prefrences within firefox
    find "applications"
    scroll down till you see sims3
    over on the right click and choose "choose other"

then open up your sims 3 folder and click sims 3 world adventures.

it will automatically save on mac

now your set!
  • SumnerRainSumnerRain Posts: 33 Member
    edited November 2009
    Darkgoddess, that worked for me, thank you!!
  • darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited November 2009
    glad it worked :)
  • BeyoncedogBeyoncedog Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2009
    it says i need the latest software update. D':
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2009
    Beyoncedog - just click accept or whatever comes up, it will work fine.
    apple-signature.png
  • LA24KobeLA24Kobe Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2010

it doesnt work for me, anytime i got to the applications, it will not let me select WA, only sims 3 :(
  • chicostixchicostix Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2010
    It worked for me. Thank you very much.
  • lilyirvinglilyirving Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2010
    OK, I know it's almost a year later, but: this just worked for me too, after I was very annoyed about blowing a bunch of points at the store and having none of it show up because it was trying to open World Adventures. Thank you, darkgoddess!! :)
  • hamtarorockshamtarorocks Posts: 21
    edited October 2010
    Thank you so much! I can stop annoying EA about this now!
  • Iamdenty28Iamdenty28 Posts: 227 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Totally off topic... blank, blank Liam for showing his nerdy self! ON TOPIC! BluebellFlora & darkgoddess thanks for the information on Firefox and WA. :wink: I'm bookmarking!

Denty
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited October 2010
    Girls you saved my hair! - I can stop pulling it out in frustration now :)

Im so happy! For the fist time since I installed Ambitions I can download from the shop whitout having to uninstall all my games first. I had installed Firefox, but it didnt work and I didnt know how to do the settings.
    It helped that I reistalled Firefox and made it first choice now.
    (If anyone can use this tip: I have created a new admin account just to play Sims in, after my download problems started, and now it finally pays of!)
    :) Thank you!