Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Karritz What EP does the gem cutting machine come with?

Since I haven't gone to bed yet (I should since it's after 2:30 in the morning here) I'll answer the question.
    The gem cutter came with Supernatural EP.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @mycami21 Thank you for that information. I knew it was something I didn't have in my game but didn't know where it came from. I guess I could have googled it, but I can be lazy ;) Thanks again :)
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    @Mikezumi Your very welcome. Supernatural is a very fun EP to play. I had assumed that you had it since you are playing Beau and Lotta. But I forgot that Late night also has vampires.

I think I will goto bed because I am getting tired.

See you all after I get up :)
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @CravenLestat Thank you and Betty Simovitch very much for the lovely gifts! I am particularly excited to have the bread box for my main family's kitchen counter because I grew up with a bread box on my counter :)
    Thanks again <3
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Sorry I was absent for a while. I'm using my phone so I'm a bit limited with my ability to respond.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill I liked that first hair on Sam you posted, the second no no and no lol.
    Thanks it wll be sunny so it wil lbe warm and ncie to be outside. Adam
    does go shirtless almost all the time unless I tell him to get clothes on just the way he is lol.

@CravenLestat great update oh another baby congrats to her.

@king_of_simcity7 Great screens

@mycami21 I wonder how many pages I will be behind this weekend when im
    out at the festival haha.

@Mikezumi Thank you great updates
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited June 2017
    Karritz wrote: »
    Just having some undocumented fun in Sims 3 with Ambitions. :D

Screenshot-86.jpg

Collection of Tiberium rocks...which haven't been cut yet due to not having the "heart-shaped" cut yet... :D That should be enough to make them wealthy if they weren't already. :D

Screenshot-73.jpg

River talking to Mom, during the course of her pregnancy. Momma Fiona listened to the baby's heartbeat in the belly too. :D

Screenshot-82.jpg

River and Simself. :D Yeah...I have an unhealthy fascination... :D

Screenshot-84.jpg

River, the gene-researcher. :D She evidently had a wish to become a world-renowned surgeon.

Screenshot-85.jpg

INCEPTION!!!! My RL wife's Simself to the right (our viewing left) of Nancy Landgraab (OK...maybe I should just keep it simple and say "center; in grey)...standing to the left of River, my simself's wife. WOAH!!! Mind=blown...

Screenshot-63.jpg

Hmmmm....guess who...showed up in Sunset Valley. :D Sorry, @CravenLestat, I don't have the "SuperStalker" shirt so had to dress you in black t-shirt. Sorry, bud.

You need to cut Tiberium with spire cut. Then put it on the ground and leave it. Put the gem dust on the floor too. You need to cut it with the gem cutting machine to get gem dust from doing the spire cut. Leave it on the floor until it's with more than 30,000 simoleans. The gem dust will take longer. You may need to put it far away from the spire to get it to transform faster.

@Karritz, I've actually had §47K come out of a heart-shaped cut. Less expense considering §1,000 for a heart-shaped cut as opposed to a §6,500 expense for a small-spire cut.

I don't have a gem-cutter yet, as I don't have Supernatural (it's on the need-to-get EP list - but right now it's a close battle between University Life (for the pool table) Supernatural (for the gem-cutter) and Seasons (because I'm getting sick of perpetual summer). I've actually placed four heart-shaped cut tiberium in a row on the Carters XL table and they all ended up as large-spires within a day or two.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Mikezumi You have gifts,Betty Simovitch sent them.

@Nikkei_Simmer Everything seems to be in place

Girl..Check
    Girl with big :smirk: .....check
    Girl is a redhead..Check

Yupp that's me alright :D No wonder I showed up.

:D Yeah...I did it as close as I could to your Youtube image... :D Hope I did it justice. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Just having some undocumented fun in Sims 3 with Ambitions. :D

Screenshot-86.jpg

Collection of Tiberium rocks...which haven't been cut yet due to not having the "heart-shaped" cut yet... :D That should be enough to make them wealthy if they weren't already. :D

Screenshot-73.jpg

River talking to Mom, during the course of her pregnancy. Momma Fiona listened to the baby's heartbeat in the belly too. :D

Screenshot-82.jpg

River and Simself. :D Yeah...I have an unhealthy fascination... :D

Screenshot-84.jpg

River, the gene-researcher. :D She evidently had a wish to become a world-renowned surgeon.

Screenshot-85.jpg

INCEPTION!!!! My RL wife's Simself to the right (our viewing left) of Nancy Landgraab (OK...maybe I should just keep it simple and say "center; in grey)...standing to the left of River, my simself's wife. WOAH!!! Mind=blown...

Screenshot-63.jpg

Hmmmm....guess who...showed up in Sunset Valley. :D Sorry, @CravenLestat, I don't have the "SuperStalker" shirt so had to dress you in black t-shirt. Sorry, bud.

You need to cut Tiberium with spire cut. Then put it on the ground and leave it. Put the gem dust on the floor too. You need to cut it with the gem cutting machine to get gem dust from doing the spire cut. Leave it on the floor until it's with more than 30,000 simoleans. The gem dust will take longer. You may need to put it far away from the spire to get it to transform faster.

@Karritz, I've actually had §47K come out of a heart-shaped cut. Less expense considering §1,000 for a heart-shaped cut as opposed to a §6,500 expense for a small-spire cut.

I don't have a gem-cutter yet, as I don't have Supernatural (it's on the need-to-get EP list - but right now it's a close battle between University Life (for the pool table) Supernatural (for the gem-cutter) and Seasons (because I'm getting sick of perpetual summer). I've actually placed four heart-shaped cut tiberium in a row on the Carters XL table and they all ended up as large-spires within a day or two.

I you have to pay to get them cut then go for the cheapest cut.

I think you need all three of those expansions. Plus Showtime because I find the most useful supernatural is the genie. You need both Showtime and Supernatural to get the fully controllable genie that is made in CAS.
    Well, in order of release date...

First the packs that I do have and am playing with right now.

World Adventures (EP)
    High End Loft (SP)
    Ambitions (EP)
    Late Night (EP)
    Generations (EP)

Next, the ones that I still need to acquire through EA approved vendors.

Pets (EP)
    Showtime (EP)
    Supernatural (EP)
    Seasons (EP)
    University Life (EP)
    Island Paradise (EP)
    Into The Future (EP)

I'm still on the fence with regards to the Stuff Packs (if I can find them still) (I'm focusing more on completing the Expansion Packs that I want.

None of SPs seem to interest me; the only reason why I have High End Loft was because it came bundled with Sims 3/Late Night Bundle. As soon as I figure out how to get my mod folder configured, I'll look at CC, but with the limitations of this laptop, I'm not going to go completely nuts on CC.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

OMG!!! I´ve been to Brasilia two weeks visiting my doughter and grandkids and I am 1,1K+ behind in these wonderfull posts and pics of yours so thankyou for sharing all of you and happy simming!!!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    @Nikkei_Simmer I hope you enjoy all of your packs. I ended up getting all of the packs as they were released. I decided to do that when I pre-ordered the Sims 3 base game. I have enjoyed having all of them in my game. As far as I know, the only one no longer generally available is the Katy Perry Stuff Pack.

I spend way too much time on the game and after 8 years there are still things I haven't done and a few I will never do - such as Sim Port. I'm currently doing new things I've never done before in World Adventures - as well as a lot of things I've already done many times before.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Nikkei_Simmer I hope you enjoy all of your packs. I ended up getting all of the packs as they were released. I decided to do that when I pre-ordered the Sims 3 base game. I have enjoyed having all of them in my game. As far as I know, the only one no longer generally available is the Katy Perry Stuff Pack.

I spend way too much time on the game and after 8 years there are still things I haven't done and a few I will never do - such as Sim Port. I'm currently doing new things I've never done before in World Adventures - as well as a lot of things I've already done many times before.

I've seen KPST on Amazon and I also think I saw it on CD Keys.

I'm the same way; I bought everything/was gifted the packs when they were released. That is not to say I love everything about each pack, but there is at least one thing I liked in each so for me it was worth it to have everything. In fact, TS4 is the only iteration that I haven't done that with.
    aricarai wrote: »

I've seen KPST on Amazon and I also think I saw it on CD Keys.

I'm the same way; I bought everything/was gifted the packs when they were released. That is not to say I love everything about each pack, but there is at least one thing I liked in each so for me it was worth it to have everything. In fact, TS4 is the only iteration that I haven't done that with.

I missed Sims 2 entirely. When I was ready to start buying it I discovered Sims 3 was about to be released so decided to get it instead. I have only the base game for Sims 4.
  • donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hey everyone

@Mikezumi Oh, I looked yabbies up and yep they look like crawfish to me except for being blue and maybe generally larger, unless the ones I saw were just exceptionally big specimens. Louisiana crawfish pretty small and are a drab brownish color til they're boiled, when they turn a vivid red.
    I had no idea that fishing for crawfish could be a wonderful childhood memory for Australians too. :) Live and learn.
    What is it with men and pasta? My son likes it, but I can't think of another man I know who does. They're all meat 'n potatoes kind of guys.
    Oh gosh I love garlic. It makes everything better, except maybe dessert. Your casserole sounds very authentic and very delicious! Those ingredients are staples of Louisiana cooking. I don't believe I have ever eaten lamb. Sheep aren't really a thing around here. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen one in real life! :lol: Probably seen about a million cows though.
    This game does love to toy with us for sure! Tracey and Leigh have just about all the LTRs now, and even the children have quite a few.
    George is a hottie! I like his topless athletic outfit lol.
    If you use MC and stylist, you can change them into their work outfit and go from there. I hope it works for you. :)
    Alligator gar are interesting looking fish for sure. You've given me an idea, I should Google common fish in Australia. The only ones I'm familiar with are sharks. :smiley:
    Catfish are delicious, but their fins can be dangerous. They are very sharp and it wasn't rare for my father and the men who worked for him to get "finned" or cut by the fish's fins. The fins contain a venom which some people are quite allergic to and causes swelling, copious bleeding and pain. My mother kept bottles of rubbing alcohol in her office at the fish market to pour over the injuries when they occurred.
    Gar balls are delicious, I wish I had some right now lol.
    I don't really write stories either, I feel like my updates are basically just commentary rather than a story with a real plot. But yes, your love for family definitely comes through in your updates. :)

How nice to see Finnian and Cliff!
    I love it when Sims fall while dancing, they always look so sheepish and embarrassed. :)
    Making out at the cemetery LOL. What a ... romantic place? :astonished:
    Celina is beautiful. I guess that's her work uniform? That red glow on the Emperor of Evil is so annoying to me. :/
    LOL at Maeve scaring Nevan, how cute! Not surprising really that a grandparent would think it is cute rather than annoying. :)
    He could be right about her needing discipline to control her evil tendencies!

Great update on Beau and Lotta. :)
    Every view in Sunlit Tides is gorgeous! :heart:
    Congratulations on the new pregnancy! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a ghost baby. :)
    I wonder if Beau and Lotta spend more time scaring each other or woohooing. :lol:
    Oh, the cowplant. I got it years ago on a daily deal, but I keep forgetting about it. Is Beau feeding it a fish?
    I really like Beau's formal wear! Very appropriate for a vampire. :)

@TadOlson You're welcome. Great updates. :)

@coco Great update, lots of drama there! I love drama. :)
    aricarai wrote: »
    @donnabailey:
    * I know a lot of people might find me crazy for not wanting to live on the beach, but I'd prefer somewhere where it rains or snows and I can have a roaring fire going. Then curl up with a good book. I just like being indoors better :mrgreen:
    * Thank you for watching!

@aricarai I'm actually very much an indoor person myself, I don't think I'd be out on the water while living in my beach shack as much as sitting on the porch listening to the waves. :) A roaring fire and a good book sound awesome too!
    You're welcome. :) I enjoyed your CAS video too, Noelani is gorgeous. :)
    @donnabailey Yeah we wear winterclothes from October to sometimes May long winters.
    when summer arrives were all happy lol, but it can rain alot then here mountains are just an hour away.
    Thank you. Ice hotel is lovely visited it a few times.

@Silverofdreams30 Goodness, here we wear summer clothes at least 9 to 10 months of the year. It's amazing how the weather can be so different in different places in our little world. :smile:
    Great updates, such adorable toddlers! :) Such a cute picture of Thornton with the toddlers all gathered round him. :smiley:

@lisasc360 Great update, it's nice to see Lisa again. :smile:

@PalmArrow Awesome dive lot! I built one ages ago right after the tutorial was put up, and it went fairly well, at least it functioned anyway. Looking at your gorgeous work makes me want to try again. :)

@jordand I'm not @PalmArrow , but I've owned Sunlit Tides for years and it's far and away my favorite store world. I wouldn't really call it an "issue", but the only maybe negative thing is that it is very spread out and can take a long time to get from place to place. Buy your Sims a fast car, and even that's not a big deal. :) I can't recommend it highly enough.

@CravenLestat Great updates. :) Lara is definitely your female mini-me. I hope your dumpster dives improve soon. Congratulations on the new nooboo. :smiley:
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    @donnabailey you're the first person ever who says that to me :D all the settings are on the highest, something my graphics card can just handle. But I also edited the picture a tiny bit. I make them a little sharper, brighter, saturated and add a bit more contrast.

@GITTE2001 Well, whatever you're doing, it's working. :) Your images are lovely. Great update! Poor Hannah is stranded and alone, but at least she's in paradise.

@king_of_simcity7 Nice pictures! :)

@Charlottesmom Great to "see" you back! Yes, my pictures aren't showing up, I've had some issues with Photobucket, those boogers. :angry: Your puppy is the definition of adorable. I think she looks like an Annabelle. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Congratulations on your first meteor! Glad your Sims didn't die. RIP Jared and Emma. :cry:

@mycami21 Your lab looks great! Gosh my computer would never render that lot lol. You must have an awesome rig. :)

@emorrill I'm not sure if I like that hair on Sam to be honest, but I LOVE Emma's look! She looks amazing. I grew up with a boy who had an identical streak of white in his hair like Scott has. It made him noticeable to be sure, but I don't recall him being teased fortunately. I always thought it was kind of sexy (on Scott, not my childhood friend, eww. :lol:)

I'm glad yesterday was a better day for you. :) I hope today is better yet!
    You're very welcome. :)
    I feel like you do, and I don't blame you for feeling that way. I actually was driven to tears by a substitute NP when my NP was on maternity leave, who kept INSISTING I change my meds to something different. I rarely become emotional anymore, my usual mood is best described as "numb", but that day I did. She finally relented. I don't claim to be a medical professional, and would never try to treat anyone else or give medical advice, but I know what I can handle and what I can't.
    Hmmm... Okay then, maybe Catarina has migraines (looks around shiftily) :tongue:
    Aww, I'm glad I could give you a laugh. :)
    Awesome, I'll be around. I promise, SP will change your game! I don't think I'd be willing to play without it anymore.
    Absolutely, I'm glad we live in the age of better treatments and increased awareness and compassion for the mentally ill. I don't think I would have liked ice baths or insulin "treatments" for my depression. Or god forbid, electroshock (which is still used today! :anguished:) or a lobotomy. :cry:

Well, that would be a cheerful place to end my message (not) so I'll throw this out there:

I'm probably the last person to have found out about this since it's been around for 7 years, but I just discovered a great custom world for creating and editing Sims, called simply "CAS". You can find it here. It's basically a tiny world with a single small lot that loads on my laptop in about 40 seconds. :astonished: Sometimes I just want to play around with making Sims, and it's lovely to be able to do so without waiting 10 minutes or more for a populated world to load. I just thought someone else might find it interesting or helpful. :)

And if I found out about this world from someone here, I have forgotten and apologize. :blush: My memory isn't what it used to be.

Happy Simming everyone.

Edited because I forgot to close a quote. oops. :blush:
    Edited again because I'm a goober. I think I finally got it right. :lol:
    Post edited by donnabailey on
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
    @donnabailey when I saw you post about crawfish I thought of yabbies too. There are a few different varieties of yabbies and they are found in lots of places around Australia. They are mostly used for bait - kids like to catch a few yabbies in a net to use as bait. I think some varieties are also served in restaurants.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 and @donnabailey Tganks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited June 2017
    @donnabailey Thanks for that link nice to know there is a world if one want to play around with sims creating hehe.
    Thank you.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Charlottesmom The puppy just gets more adorable.

@mycami21 Glad you added the cowplant. Looks like there will be lots to do at the facility.

@TadOlson Nice update.

@msbeckycat Sounds like Milliron had a great time in the future.

@Nikkei_Simmer That is funny seeing your ss wife, meeting your sims wife.

@CravenLestat great update. Congrats on the pregnancy. Are you leaving that to chance?

@emorrill I like the hair with the white streak from the front, but, it looks off from the sides and back. I love Emma's new hair and coloring. :)

@Mikezumi I love seeing Beau and Akantha playing ball with the bushes in between. Adds that extra challenge for them. :lol: Yaah for the cowplant!! :)

@king_of_simcity7 Great pics.

@junceda Hope you had a wonderful time! Good to see you.
    Here is a few screens from today

[img][/img]0MT3s8O.jpg

More teaching,
    poor sims can not do anything else until these toddlers are teached and aged up lol.

[img][/img]SZnH4e8.jpg

chaos lol

[img][/img]CYLkCsu.jpg

They had to hurry and help them

[img][/img]1a6aETn.jpg

More teaching

all for now

• msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @bekkasan yes they sure did
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks for the comment :smile:

@Silverofdreams30 Cute toddler pictures :smile: