Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• kaw2006kaw2006 Posts: 72 New Member
    bbaker3 wrote: »
    I need custom content for my insane asylum. Anyone know where I can get some

The Sims Resource is a good bet. Just be sure you're using compatible CC.
  • SkyGoddess3SkyGoddess3 Posts: 1 New Member
    If you have the aspiration of famous author do you have to publish the books as soon as you make them or do you have to put them in the bookshelf? Since the books appear in your sims inventory once your sims finishes a book. Not sure if this is already asked, but I'd like to know
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    If you have the aspiration of famous author do you have to publish the books as soon as you make them or do you have to put them in the bookshelf? Since the books appear in your sims inventory once your sims finishes a book. Not sure if this is already asked, but I'd like to know
    It does not look like @simswithcheese has been active on the forums for a while.
    It is highly recommended to have skill items which make money
    Since only the main Sim is the primary source of income I say publish the books.
    Another thought / comment . . . Sims will now autonomously use the Workbench to create the Knife Block and other small statue items. The good part is everyone will be crafting those items without direction. You can collect the items from their inventory to have your main Sim to sell (adds to Fortune Aspiration goals) or use as decor. The bad part is since they are part of your active household this will deduct money from household funds whenever they start an object. They do not always complete the items and that money could be lost.
  • JoovanaJoovana Posts: 60 Member
    I love this challenge!
  • EriEri Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, so I'm just playing around with this challenge and haven't seen this question yet. We're not supposed to control the other Sims, especially in work(like not leveling them up) but certain times you have to deal with their work when it has a situation and you have to chose what to make the Sim do. What do we do then? Do we actually read the problem and try to pick the best or just randomly click or always top option?
  • Sweet_KolaSweet_Kola Posts: 1 New Member
    Just saw this Challenge from TheEnglishSimmer on youtube and I think I'm going to give it a try!
  • fkw3fkw3 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi All - Just started this challenge and am loving it.

Like many I had a fire which burned my stove and fridge, and the insurance did not cover the cost to replace, and the household was near broke. I think my solution makes an interesting mini challenge, let me know what you think.

Story:
    The asylum administrators get the insurance payout and decide the residence should be reprimanded for their carelessness. They give the community a cooler and lock up one their chairs until the residence can earn enough money to replace their stove and fridge.

Game play:
    the insurance will cover the cost of a cheap cooler. The cooler feeds the sims so they do not starve, but can be used as a seat. To keep within the rules a chair needs to be removed, until the stove and fridge are replaced. (Once replaced the cooler is removed and the chair can come back into the game. Given that your played sim can not interfere with others they have the additional challenge of needing to wait to get food when someone else is using it as a seat.
    fkw3 wrote: »
    Hi All - Just started this challenge and am loving it.
    Like many I had a fire which burned my stove and fridge, and the insurance did not cover the cost to replace, and the household was near broke. I think my solution makes an interesting mini challenge, let me know what you think.

Story:
    The asylum administrators get the insurance payout and decide the residence should be reprimanded for their carelessness. They give the community a cooler and lock up one their chairs until the residence can earn enough money to replace their stove and fridge.

Game play:
    the insurance will cover the cost of a cheap cooler. The cooler feeds the sims so they do not starve, but can be used as a seat. To keep within the rules a chair needs to be removed, until the stove and fridge are replaced. (Once replaced the cooler is removed and the chair can come back into the game. Given that your played sim can not interfere with others they have the additional challenge of needing to wait to get food when someone else is using it as a seat.
    I really like this solution :) for those with Outdoor Retreat.
    Those without that pack might consider the cheap outdoor grill as a stand in until the stove and fridge can be replaced.
    Eri wrote: »
    Hey, so I'm just playing around with this challenge and haven't seen this question yet. We're not supposed to control the other Sims, especially in work(like not leveling them up) but certain times you have to deal with their work when it has a situation and you have to chose what to make the Sim do. What do we do then? Do we actually read the problem and try to pick the best or just randomly click or always top option?
    Hello @Eri Technically you are not controlling that Sim when work opportunities pop-up. I usually randomly click in any game I play. Choose however you please.
  • Brei714Brei714 Posts: 110 Member
    I love the idea of this challenge! I'm considering giving it a try myself but I would like to add a twist to it and make it a haunted asylum or maybe if I can find a way to do it, a vampire asylum. It would be as much a story as it would a challenge. Maybe a single human gets committed to an asylum for vampires? It could be interesting maybe. Anyway its a great challenge and one I plan to try, one way or the other!
    @Brei714 Ooo a haunted asylum. A vampire committed to an asylum certainly would have lots of snacks .... erm... fiends... uh friends to keep them company.
    Mwahahaha
    @EuphorialQueen That's perfect. A vampire committed to an asylum full of humans, as the other inmates have 'accidents' the ghosts could pile up and cause mayhem. Or I could have the place already be haunted and just add more ghosts. But the tricky part would be building a suitably creepy building that fits the requirements. I can furnish but build mode is my enemy when it comes to nice looking buildings. But I may have a vampire I can use in progress. My current sim Lilith Crowe just had a child by the vampire Caleb Vatore, so there is a 50% chance we may have a vampire baby who will grow into a crazy young blood drinker.
    I aged the baby up to a toddler and guess what!? We have our vampire for this upcoming challenge of mine! If you are interested in following this idea of a crazy vampire stuck with seven crazy humans and a lot of ghosts, then check out my very in progress sim devoted tumblr where I will be posting the story. It even has a picture of a baby vamp to tide you over till I actually start writing. Which shouldn't be too long.

The site is: https://brei-the-simmer.tumblr.com/
    Brei714 wrote: »
    I aged the baby up to a toddler and guess what!? We have our vampire for this upcoming challenge of mine! If you are interested in following this idea of a crazy vampire stuck with seven crazy humans and a lot of ghosts, then check out my very in progress sim devoted tumblr where I will be posting the story. It even has a picture of a baby vamp to tide you over till I actually start writing. Which shouldn't be too long.
    The site is: https://brei-the-simmer.tumblr.com/
    Looking forward to your story.

• HopefulWorldHopefulWorld Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I love doing challenges... but I never quite follow the rules lol. I decided to do your challenge, but I'm doing a mix of both easy and medium... plus my own little twist. Basically, I made a house that looks creepy and ancient. Everyone has their own bed, and most of them share a bedroom. The only thing is, I have one bathroom per floor, meaning I have an extra sink and toilet. On top of that, I always include a sink in the kitchen. What I did, was chose the stuff (not always the cheapest) that fit the creepy and abandoned theme of the house. I'm going to remove seats so that way I can at least have the right amount, and whenever a sim dies, I remove their bed and a seat at the dining table. I'm going to use the no pizza and no maids from the medium challenge, a long with the hours for collecting and visiting. I'm going to start off with 500$ like said in the medium, but I'm using both a TV and a computer. Basically... I'm using a mix of your rules for different difficulties and a few of my rules. :p

I just have a few questions. If the non-played sims naturally get promoted in their careers, do they have to quit or something? Because I know it's possible to get promoted even if you only do work normally. Also, if I put a double bed glued to the wall, does it count as only one bed since only one sim can get in it?

Once I complete my own twisted version of the challenge I'm sure to actually follow the rules lol. Thanks for making this challenge! It interests me A LOT.
    Hello @HopefulWorld :)
    As noted earlier in this thread the challenge creator @simswithcheese has not been active lately.
    The spirit of this challenge is to control only one Sim while living in an asylum with limited resources.
    That is why there is only one sink, one toilet and limited seating and sleep spots.
    Non-played Sims getting promoted on their own would not be an issue.
    Bending the rules to make a challenge harder or more fun to play is up to the player.
    ;)
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    When it comes to seating, when it says you can only have 4 chairs (2 chairs and a love seat or 1 chair and a 3 seater couch).
    Do desk chairs count in that total and chairs for chess table?
    LarLynJ wrote: »
    When it comes to seating, when it says you can only have 4 chairs (2 chairs and a love seat or 1 chair and a 3 seater couch).
    Do desk chairs count in that total and chairs for chess table?
    Yes they do count as one of the 'seat spots' :)
  • CtrlAltDelete1317CtrlAltDelete1317 Posts: 7 New Member
    I just started this challenge tonight, and so far I'm finding it very entertaining. But I think I'm going to do something different.

The idea is that by completing an aspiration your sim got "better", right? So what I think I'm going to do is after my sim completes an aspiration I'm going to pick another sim in the household to work on, but I'm still going to let myself control the first sim, and when the second sim completes their aspiration I'll pick another one. So basically completing their aspiration makes them playable, and my goal would be to "cure" as many of them as possible before they all die.
    I just started this challenge tonight, and so far I'm finding it very entertaining. But I think I'm going to do something different.
    The idea is that by completing an aspiration your sim got "better", right? So what I think I'm going to do is after my sim completes an aspiration I'm going to pick another sim in the household to work on, but I'm still going to let myself control the first sim, and when the second sim completes their aspiration I'll pick another one. So basically completing their aspiration makes them playable, and my goal would be to "cure" as many of them as possible before they all die.
    That does sound like a fun way to keep the challenge going :smiley:

• JassAkgunJassAkgun Posts: 29 Member
    So can we have vampires, aliens that is created for the asylum? Is it ok to have them? If it is, is there any restrictions or rules only for them?
  • JezebelLurgJezebelLurg Posts: 2 New Member
    I know you can't chose an active career, but can you chose a career where you 'work from home'?
  • fluffym806fluffym806 Posts: 11 New Member
    This looks really creative, I'm going to try it!
    I know you can't chose an active career, but can you chose a career where you 'work from home'?
    I do not think there are any careers that are 100% work from home. The City Living careers might qualify but there are certain tasks that require travel. So many new careers, interactions and content has been added since this was first presented. I suppose you could work out something that fits this challenge.