Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I want to know how this is for an eco pack.

Wait...is this a real thing? Because this would mean that the laundry feature aready exists, and I think we all know what that would conclude....
    #Team Occult
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Wait...is this a real thing? Because this would mean that the laundry feature aready exists, and I think we all know what that would conclude....

If they didn't know what would win, seems strange that the washers and dryers are finished, and animated already?
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member

Is that a joke?
    People can pull out meshes and animations to make fake-outs, and the horrible back and forth of the camera could have been to cover up glitches... (Sorry, that was a difficult thing to watch full screen.)
    tCTe03l.png
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member

Isn't the Sim moving in the video a Sims 3 Sim? It sure looks like it.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • cece15624cece15624 Posts: 14 New Member
    It's a joke about how over exaggerated the items in The Sims 4 are ( talking toilet, rock climbing treadmill ) the gameplay itself is from The Sims 3.
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member

Isn't the Sim moving in the video a Sims 3 Sim? It sure looks like it.

Exactly what I was thinking.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't mind laundry to be the gameplay feature, but i can't understand how can laundry be eco friendly, eco can't be in the same sentence than the word eco, if you said that laundry is washing clothes with a washing machine and use drayers to dry them, really not eco. And i don't understand in first place how can producers choose a theme that talk about eco stuff and give the option to have these features. Oh well "the potato logic".
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

If they didn't know what would win, seems strange that the washers and dryers are finished, and animated already?

Exactly, haha. But it looks like its just a parody using sims 3.
    #Team Occult
    cece15624 wrote: »
    It's a joke about how over exaggerated the items in The Sims 4 are ( talking toilet, rock climbing treadmill ) the gameplay itself is from The Sims 3.

Lmao, I get it now.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • EvaAngel2017EvaAngel2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Искренне рада за тех, кто долго ожидал этого каталога. Очень разочарована что, не прошли в финал "Без удобств и Запасы еды" В любом случае, я безумно буду рада когда выйдут " Времена года и Ведьмы!" (25+)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Искренне рада за тех, кто долго ожидал этого каталога. Очень разочарована что, не прошли в финал "Без удобств и Запасы еды" В любом случае, я безумно буду рада когда выйдут " Времена года и Ведьмы!" (25+)

@EvaAngel2017 Google translated =

I am sincerely glad for those who have been waiting for this catalog for a long time. Very disappointed that they did not qualify to the finals "Without amenities and Food Stocks" In any case, I'll be very happy when the "Seasons and Witches" come out! (25+)

Google translate конвертировал ваше сообщение достаточно хорошо. Может быть, вы сможете использовать его в следующий раз?
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    edited June 2017

LOL! That's hilarious! Nice parody of potential laundry play! :D
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• enzopenguinenzopenguin Posts: 21 New Member
    I'm super excited to get laundry!!! I'd love to see more of Off the Grid in the future though.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

At first, I thought, "Why is he throwing the garbage into the washer?" LOL LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • JenniferabJenniferab Posts: 8 New Member
    I find this whole thing disturbing. I'm not paying for a fake washing machine and annoying piles of clothes. And I hear its going to cost more than the other stuff packs. The more I think about it though, the more I think I need to get a job at Maxis. I can come up with ideas as good as laundry! And I'll make a killing! And you guys can't do anything about it cause I just wouldn't care what your input is! You're input is worthless cause you're still gonna give me your money no matter how mediocre the content!
    Jenniferab wrote: »
    I find this whole thing disturbing. I'm not paying for a fake washing machine and annoying piles of clothes. And I hear its going to cost more than the other stuff packs. The more I think about it though, the more I think I need to get a job at Maxis. I can come up with ideas as good as laundry! And I'll make a killing! And you guys can't do anything about it cause I just wouldn't care what your input is! You're input is worthless cause you're still gonna give me your money no matter how mediocre the content!

I'm totally not against you, but where have you heard it'll cost more? Because if Maxis pulls that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 then it means they're banking on our involvement to make money. I think a lot of players would feel taken advantage of.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I am disgusted by this results.

I am disgusted by bad attitudes towards others.
    But sadly, I can't fix that.
    (This doesn't mean I was saying you were insulting anyone.)

But I was one of those that voted laundry.
    That doesn't make me lame, or whatever other name "some" are choosing to hurl at others they disagree with. :p
    I wanted it for a Laundrymat, and for those saves that I prefer a bit more realism in.
    (I don't play all my games the same).

What really is ridiculous, is that way back when some mentioned they wanted laundry, others would say they didn't want it, and it would be a waste in GP or expansion. Because they straight-out didn't want it, at all.
    Now that it gets put in a Stuff pack, it's still "wrong".
    CC can't make proper animations, etc, for laundry. I want more than just CC deco pieces, and this might be the only chance.
    I am also very intrigued by having the wash tubs, clothes lines, or whatever else is in it, for a off-the-grid game I plan to recreate on my own.
    (AS much as the game will allow, anyway).
    It seems no matter what, some people's choices are going to tick off others.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting different things for a game.
    But when you start calling other people names, insulting what other people want for their game, well that's straight out wrong.
    It's a game.
    Stop making it personal...

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @SimplySimazing Thank you for saying what I wanted to say, but lacked the energy or good manners to do so politely.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I wonder how many players even partcipated in the voting, and how many of them put a thought into this, not went just "Oh, laundry! Shiny!". Don't get me wrong, I believe that there are people who have good reasons to want laundry in this particular stuff pack. But I saw quite often people wanting laundry just because it's laundry. It could be fun, but it'd fit another theme more, in my opinion.
    I feel we'd get laundry anyway at some point. I hope we still have chance to see Off the Grid and Perserving Food features in the future.

Does it matter? It was a vote. People can vote however they choose. You don't get to police voting
  • epohjul17epohjul17 Posts: 11 New Member
    @somthingstellar could you please stop with this petition. It is nice enough that EA is letting us be so collaborative and that they are going so out of their way to set up this system. It's ungrateful. Also remember this is their first time doing this. There is going to be some mistakes. It happens. They're learning. And obviously people wanted laundry from the start. I've seen multiple comments saying so. So please. Let's stop the negativity and just be grateful we get to help from here on out.
    epohjul17 wrote: »
    @somthingstellar could you please stop with this petition. It is nice enough that EA is letting us be so collaborative and that they are going so out of their way to set up this system. It's ungrateful. Also remember this is their first time doing this. There is going to be some mistakes. It happens. They're learning. And obviously people wanted laundry from the start. I've seen multiple comments saying so. So please. Let's stop the negativity and just be grateful we get to help from here on out.

Uhm, what's wrong with the petition? The petition is for adding the three losing options in to a game pack in the future. It has nothing to do with getting rid of Laundry, and it's not negative at all - in fact, it's quite positive. It gives players who are disappointed with the outcome a chance to be hopeful that the other options wont be thrown to waste, and it would benefit those of us who voted for Laundry with new gameplay features in the future. Besides, we will still have to buy the pack. They're not giving it away for free just because we had a hand in making it. Sure, it was something different, but it's not like EA is really losing anything here.
    How about this, I'll not take it personal when I don't personally put my personal input into it.
    Not to mention cash....
    So how does one edit on this thing? I see no edit button.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I am disgusted by this results.

I am disgusted by bad attitudes towards others.
    But sadly, I can't fix that.
    (This doesn't mean I was saying you were insulting anyone.)

But I was one of those that voted laundry.
    That doesn't make me lame, or whatever other name "some" are choosing to hurl at others they disagree with. :p
    I wanted it for a Laundrymat, and for those saves that I prefer a bit more realism in.
    (I don't play all my games the same).

What really is ridiculous, is that way back when some mentioned they wanted laundry, others would say they didn't want it, and it would be a waste in GP or expansion. Because they straight-out didn't want it, at all.
    Now that it gets put in a Stuff pack, it's still "wrong".
    CC can't make proper animations, etc, for laundry. I want more than just CC deco pieces, and this might be the only chance.
    I am also very intrigued by having the wash tubs, clothes lines, or whatever else is in it, for a off-the-grid game I plan to recreate on my own.
    (AS much as the game will allow, anyway).
    It seems no matter what, some people's choices are going to tick off others.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting different things for a game.
    But when you start calling other people names, insulting what other people want for their game, well that's straight out wrong.
    It's a game.
    Stop making it personal...

See, this is the problem that I have about this whole thing is that I think the reason why laundry won was because you all just wanted laundry in the game but never stopped to remember that we're creating an eco-theme pack.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top