March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-Friendly Trait?

I was thinking with this pack we could maybe bring back the Eco-friendly trait.For example eco friendly sims could get mood boosts from doing things like washing by hand or gardening.They could have the option to turn off lights(and do this autonomously) and have wishes to use home grown/caught ingredients in meals.The more devious eco sims could do things like sabotage washing and drying machines.For the planet! :p

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Seconded! I'd love to see the return of this trait.
    6riwm5.png
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    this would be a great idea to consider for an Eco pack. Since the pack is laundry, shouldn't that be what we are discussing?
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    It would be cool if they found a way to introduce an Eco living aspiration
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member

thissss
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Thanks for this suggestion. I completely agree with it. Furthermore I'd like to add that I could use an eco-friendly ambition, too. It could be part of the nature group.
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member

That would be cool,though I'm not sure what all the wishes would be.
    rp_girl wrote: »

Plant X number of plants, pick up trash left on the ground, have no lights on a home lot, cook and eat a fish you've caught, go without showering for X days, craft a toilet (I'm 99% sure that's a thing,) Use the crafted toilet, etc...

It's kinda difficult to think of ones without anything in-game that reflects said aspiration.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
    edited June 2017

Plant X number of plants, pick up trash left on the ground, have no lights on a home lot, cook and eat a fish you've caught, go without showering for X days, craft a toilet (I'm 99% sure that's a thing,) Use the crafted toilet, etc...

It's kinda difficult to think of ones without anything in-game that reflects said aspiration.

I've just thought of something.They could ship the SP full of objects that are specially labeled as being "Eco-friendly",not just in description but like how some foods are vegetarian safe,such as lights and furniture made from recycled material.One wish could be to only have eco-friendly furniture or spend X simoleans on eco-furniture.

I've just thought of something.They could ship the SP full of objects that are specially labeled as being "Eco-friendly",not just in description but like how some foods are vegetarian safe,such as lights and furniture made from recycled material.One wish could be to only have eco-friendly furniture or spend X simoleans on eco-furniture.

That would be awesome.

That would be awesome.

Yeah,and if eco-friendly sims use non eco things like non-eco showers or washing machines and dryers they get a negative mood.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I hope they add it as a trait or aspiration and I also hope for some sort of recycling bin.
  • JesterHatJolteonJesterHatJolteon Posts: 13 New Member
    It's a cool idea, but it also seems like it's got a rather limited reach - It'd be fine if this were TS3 where Sims could have 5 traits, but being limited to 3, I think it's gonna be difficult to make it worthwhile.
  • iRepedeiRepede Posts: 51 Member
    Yes, I like this idea, but at the same time I don't know how well it'll work with Sims 4.
    I enjoy building on the sims 4.
    46ur0Dp.png
  • LilyGraceGamingLilyGraceGaming Posts: 63 Member
    This is an AMAZING idea, love it.
  • KatieGlow95KatieGlow95 Posts: 4 New Member
    Another thought--this pack could incorporate incentives for Sims to live "zero waste." Accumulating a lot of trash could cause sims to be unhappy or uncomfortable. Like, if Sims throw food away, that would cause them to be uncomfortable. There could be an option to turn unfinished food into gardening compost.

I'm a little new here, so I'm confused. The vote results said it would be an eco-living pack, but the name chosen is Laundry? Is eco-living encompassed in the laundry day pack? If this comment is off-topic, I apologize. I just know that zero-waste is an eco-living trend that's on the rise, that could add a lot of cool options for gameplay.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Another thought--this pack could incorporate incentives for Sims to live "zero waste." Accumulating a lot of trash could cause sims to be unhappy or uncomfortable. Like, if Sims throw food away, that would cause them to be uncomfortable. There could be an option to turn unfinished food into gardening compost.

I'm a little new here, so I'm confused. The vote results said it would be an eco-living pack, but the name chosen is Laundry? Is eco-living encompassed in the laundry day pack? If this comment is off-topic, I apologize. I just know that zero-waste is an eco-living trend that's on the rise, that could add a lot of cool options for gameplay.

It was supposed to be an eco-friendly pack but the focus is mostly on laundry now. We were allowed to vote for what we wanted in the pack and laundry won the vote over the other themes that did incorporate those sustainable aspects, like living off the grid, solar panels, preserves, freegans. I like these ideas of zero waste, the gardening compost, and the eco-friendly trait. Hopefully they get included in the game, if not now, then in a pack that mostly focuses on sustainability.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I am not really fussed about an eco-friendly pack. My reasoning is that this is a pack for a computer game being played on a machine that doubtless through components and other things will create an excessive amount of planetary waste at some time int he future. And if you've ever looked up what happens to old computers, where they end up and the damage they can do...the idea of the sims being ecological is a bit...wrong somehow? I mean, it sort of gives the right message, but ultimately it's giving the wrong one, encouraging more gameplay hours on a machine that uses up energy and ultimately ends up hurting the planet..?

Not that I really understand why people want to do laundry, either. But maybe it's for the best that eco-friendly didn't happen. Apocalypse might be a better theme if people wanted to go along those lines.

(And yes, hypocritically I am sitting writing this on my laptop, but it IS running off its battery right now, so I am saving on energy a little in doing so ;))

• SammehmanthuhhSammehmanthuhh Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Vraie said:
    > I am not really fussed about an eco-friendly pack. My reasoning is that this is a pack for a computer game being played on a machine that doubtless through components and other things will create an excessive amount of planetary waste at some time int he future. And if you've ever looked up what happens to old computers, where they end up and the damage they can do...the idea of the sims being ecological is a bit...wrong somehow? I mean, it sort of gives the right message, but ultimately it's giving the wrong one, encouraging more gameplay hours on a machine that uses up energy and ultimately ends up hurting the planet..?
    >
    > Not that I really understand why people want to do laundry, either. But maybe it's for the best that eco-friendly didn't happen. Apocalypse might be a better theme if people wanted to go along those lines.
    >
    > (And yes, hypocritically I am sitting writing this on my laptop, but it IS running off its battery right now, so I am saving on energy a little in doing so ;))

Tho i can understand where your coming from about trying to make an eco-friendly game pack when we are using computers to begin but tbh people are going to use computers for other stuff and play games anyways so why not ea make the best of it with sims for the people who like it and give them what they want which was the whole point of the voting system

Also i can understand how it got voted to mostly being about laundry......its adding more of a realizim to the game with actual tasks you'd have to do in your everyday life, you were clothes and they get dirty which then need to be wash so why not....plus it was in the sims 3 and i enjoyed it. Now if they would add Seasons to the game to give winter and rain and outdoor outfit options i'd love that too XD
  • milktreatmilktreat Posts: 11 New Member
    I would really love to see this happen!
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    To be fair, an eco-friendly trait wouldn't really fit the theme this pack has (d)evolved into...

But it's a nice idea, should definitely be added some day. But that day isn't Laundry Day.