Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay idea,Concerns&Suggestions for laundary if it wins to make it interesting and less annoying

First of all I did NOT vote for laundry or even thought of it being my second choice in the survey but I still love the feature and would want it to return someday .......But seeing as it might be a most likely win..these 're my concerns and suggestions on How to improve its gameplay and make it less annoying like it was in sims 3

1. Hampers and dirty cloth object: In sims 3 it seems like the hampers were configured to a room boundary..understandable...But this was a pain for me cause having placed the hamper in the bathroom or in the laundry room my sims would still have the dirty clothes objects pile up in other rooms where they have to spawn into another cloth type like their bedroom , their gym room, heck even where they make their nectars and anywhere else they had to spawn into another cloth type...it was annoying for me to have these dirty cloth objects pile up all around the house so I had to put hampers like everywhere they will likely spawn their cloth even it clustered my interior decor of that room
So my suggestion for this is that the hampers should be configured to the lot not just a room. So anywhere the sims are on that lot and they have to spawn into another cloth type, the dirty cloth object will automatically be placed in the hamper on that lot and even better..if you have more than one hamper on your lot..it will fill them up as one gets full.
And for players who want to tell a story about slobby sims with dirty piles of clothes all over, then they probably wouldn't place a hamper on thier lot

2. Making laundry a gameplay rather than just a gameplay object I'll explain:- in sims 3 it was but mere gameplay object cause there was no gameplay consequences if you decided not to do your laundry so even if you had like a million hampers to store the dirty cloth piles you could still decide not to do laundry without any consequences making it somewhat not interesting and even if you did it just gave u a moodlet that's it.
So my suggestion for this would be that if you decided to have any of these laundry items on your lot then the game should program your cloth outfit to get dirty look dirty and maybe even emit an odour after spawning into this same cloth over few countable times..this would really tell the story of dirty laundry not done hence prompting the player if he chooses.. that laundry needs to be done... and if you have another cloth outfit for that clothing category..I.e if you have two or more outfits for the everyday wear category you could spawn your sims into the second cloth outfit when the first one gets dirty making more use for the outfits category slots we have in the game already

3 laundromat venue type - I ddnt see this feature mentioned in the laundry group and if it was then totally scrap this and pardon me...
But laundromat would be useful for sims who duefully earn their simeoleons but don't have enough to buy a washing machine or dryer nd wouldn't feel like going vintage to use the washing tube or cloth line.

These are just my suggestions for laundry if it eventually wins or if it doesn't and they ever decide to add it someday

Comments

• Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Now that laundary has officially been declared winner...I really hope suggestion 2 can be considered
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    If you read the last vote, they already mentioned that having one hamper on a lot would magically make any clothes piles fall in (so you don't have a hamper in every room)
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Would be great if clothing got dirty over time, if the flies could make a comeback they were super annoying and would make me definitely do laundry.
  • DebriskaDebriska Posts: 5 New Member
    PLEASE make number 2 a reality! It's something I always thought about, what would be the point of laundry if your clothes don't get dirty as you wear them. To me it doesn't make sense for a clothing pile of 'clean' clothes to form and smell just because the sim changed clothes.
    Instead I feel like sims who bathed and therefore are clean will continue to feel dirty and their clothes will appear dirty because they have not washed them.for example right now if a Sim pees in their pants they shower and that's it! But it doesn't make sense there's still pee in those pants-_- unless they showered with their clothes on (which could totally be an option)XD
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    We deserve to have the other options in a gamepack <3
    I started a petition and I'm basically making it known to everyone who wanted more options
    A link is in my signature, just click on the text
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World