March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2017
    @folala :smiley: Thank You!

"Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited June 2017
    " You know, you can promote yourself, if you feel confident...... "

@BuildnShare Yup, I knew that. I always feel confident when working a build THEN I see what others have done and posted & feel a little crushed. Every challenge I think about upgrading myself :smiley: and then when the time comes to post, I think it laughable. : :( I have confidence that is like weather. The "established" seem to work such wonders even with really tight budgets!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

P.S. @BuildnShare I do think my latest work will be my last as "starting out", I do think I am getting the hang of it now.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #BNS71 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT PART IV

@PersRealmsShadow

Sim Challenge: Purdie looks awesome! I’m sure those glasses are the bain of her life, is she always popping them down and not remembering where she put them?! Maybe not, with that neat trait!

Room Challenge: Purdie’s study looks great, it would have been nice to see a close up of what she has on her desk though.

@Ainsleyfr
    Grandma’s House II is such a charming country cottage. The front flower beds help give it that oh so important curb appeal. The architecture is spot on for the style you chose and your exterior wall treatments fit well. You have made some really great use of terrain paint outside, that winding front path is adorable and your plant choices are perfect for a build of this style. Your roof lines really help add a dose of whimsical charm to this place. Your interior layout works well, and your interior decor is amazing, so soft and elegant, perfect for Purdie. Your use of MOO and the debug items is wonderful, I especially like that shelving area in the kitchen, by the refrigerator, a ready made pantry! And using that modelled tea pot on the stove is such a wonderful idea. The attic is a great addition, wow, that is a depressing painting, you sure can tell Purdie is a touch on the gloomy side.

Suggestions: Be careful with your roofing, it’s overlapping one of the windows on the lower floor. While I get the idea of the built in cabinets around the TV, I’m not sure I would want towels on display in my living room.

Sim Challenge: Purdie looks wonderful! I love that you made her an art lover, it’s a perfect fit with her other traits and backstory. And that hat, love it! She certainly seems to be enjoying her new abode.

@meadowrayne
    Green Gem is a lovely little home, you made some great choices for the windows and doors, and your siding fits the style nicely. The lupins fit the style of the home nicely and you have made some good use of the terrain painting tool, those planters out back are a lovely touch. You have made some really great object choices, and your colour palette works well throughout the home. You have made some good use of clutter items to help your home feel lived in.

Suggestions: I’m not sold on your roof line, I wonder if adjusting the pitch of the two gable roofs to match the main roof would have looked more consistent, even if that meant losing that very front upper floor window. When taking screenshots, it is always best to take them with the walls fully up, and take them within live mode with cameraman mode, using the ‘tab’ button, this allows your viewers to see what delights may be on the walls. Really think about your room sizes, there seems to be a lot of empty space within some of your rooms, most notably the bedroom.

Sim Challenge: From what we can see, Purdie looks great, it would have been nice to learn a little more about her, i.e. what you made her third trait, to take a look at some of her different outfits and maybe see how she likes her new home.

@RachelShennan
    Mid Nowhere is such a cool piece of architecture, I think it still suits its name ;) Your choice of windows and doors are fabulous and your landscaping is gorgeous, you made really great use of the terrain paint tool and your plant choices help cement the style of the build and those little fountain areas are adorable. Your layout works well, that little kitchen area is really well thought out, I can tell you put a lot of thought into your object choices and placement. Your interiors are really nicely decorated, the whole lot feels very cohesive. I just love that main bedroom, so restful.

Suggestions: I can’t see a bin anywhere on the lot, I’m pretty sure Purdie would need one, somewhere and although I see the Yoga mat there on the rear porch, it doesn’t actually improve the fitness skill, only the wellness skill.

@SyddyB206
    From what I can see, Mid-Century Modern Mini looks great, the roofline and window treatments are striking. I especially like the way you extended the windows up into the area just under the roof. The bedroom is cute, I especially like the furniture you have chosen for in here, everything goes together well.

Suggestions: Those hawthorne trees make it really difficult to see the house itself, and if you wanted a hedge all the way around the entry path, why not go for the High Hedgerow Fence, same effect but much, much cheaper than using those individual hedge pieces, this would have allowed you to spend more of your budget on the spartan interiors.

AND THE WINNER IS

@Ainsleyfr

The Sim Challenge Winner is:

@Ainsleyfr

The Room Challenge Winner is:

@PersRealmsShadow

Congrats to you all, awesome talent on show as always. @Ainsleyfr - you are hereby promoted to the Expert category from here on out!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @Ainsleyfr and @PersRealmsShadow, awesome creations!! And @Ainsleyfr - welcome to Experts :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Congratulations @Ainsleyf & @PersRealmsShadow !! well done B)
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Oh my gosh. Thanks so much @buildnshare and @faithofkaela!, I did have severe roofing issues, rebuilt them several times. I hate rooves..LOL. I also figured if the toilet paper was just outside the bathroom door it was justified..but, you are right..I probably wouldn't want them in my living room either. Thanks too @folala! and congrats to @persrealmsshadow! Yay!! ...and thanks again for the great challenge thread and taking all the time to judge our builds!!!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Congrats everybody! Good job all- big congrats to @Ainsleyf for the promote to EXPERT!

@BuildnShare This is a dead link, A builder's forum and website
    http://www.buildersboulevard.com/ and takes one to "Domain for Sale"
    @BuildnShare This is a dead link, A builder's forum and website
    http://www.buildersboulevard.com/ and takes one to "Domain for Sale"
    Builders Boulevard was a project from previous Build'n'Share admins, the site is now defunct. I will take down the link.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @BuildnShare wow thanks :D I'll try to get a closeup for you next time around ;) Good job @Ainsleyf Loved yours <3
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    Expert Results for Challenge #71 - The Hawthorne Project - Part IV

@folala

Dinky Deco is one super cute home that totally exudes elegance. The cool white exteriors with hints of gold look very classy and the roof structure tops off the glamour image. I love the built-in planters at the front and the border at the rear for the veg garden. The shady porch looks a wonderful place to play chess or workout and your choice of columns and spandrels here are lovely and ornate for the build style. Great interior layout, the open plan design ensures an air of spaciousness. Really pleased you brought the art deco style indoors, there is such a feeling of class with this style, together with the blue colour theme. It all looks very clean and tidy and the master bedroom is absolutely gorgeous.

Suggestions: I would have used the brown soil terrain paint to line the paths, this would give them definition. Also, edging the house foundations with a thin line of this paint defines a build in my opinion.

@pronterus

Wow, Purdie Cottage is a most delightful and charming home which oozes life and cheeriness. Amazing roof structure, the gables and dormer really give the build so much interest, as does the chimney and the bay window at the sides. I love the wall and fence combo of this garden cottage and the front porch looks very decorative with the columns and fencing. The pops of red contrast well with the cool shades of the exterior walls. Great use of terrain paint to create the driveway and paths and the planting is absolutely beautiful. The easel area is perfectly sited for messy paint and makes a great feature in the garden. The open plan interior layout gives a spacious and airy atmosphere and the different areas are wonderfully divided with columns and spandrels. This area looks very comfy and lived in with just the right amount of clutter giving an eclectic feel. I must say your colour scheme of orange and purple works really well, not an easy colour combo to work with.

Suggestions: I thought the bedroom looked a little stark compared to the rest of the cottage and would have added more wall decorations or curtains at the windows to keep in line with the homely image of the build. Also, take pics for your slideshow in live mode to avoid the white lines around the lot.

@popettypop2012

Purdy's Cottage has such a beautiful facade with soft green and white tones and a good choice of attractive windows. The front porch adds to the beauty with the ornate columns and spandrels. I love the winding path that leads to the house which is edged wonderfully and defined with outdoor lights. Great idea to place a bench next to the veg garden, it can be hard work! The trees either side of the build provide symmetry and the fountain area at the rear looks a peaceful place to relax. The interior layout is nice and spacious and the earthy green and brown colour scheme gives the cottage a cosy and homely appearance.

Suggestions: I was a little concerned to see the roofline didn't seem flush. For instance the right side gable could have been dropped and dragged a little to blend in. Going inside I think the walls would have benefited from more wall hangings or a blend of different textures, this would add a lot more interest to the rooms.

@withlovejulien

Fairy Tale Cottage is absolutely enchanting and full of charm. Fantastic landscaping, your use of terrain paint is of a very high standard and your choice of plants is spot on, very beautiful. The winding path provides much interest and I really like how you've lined this with outdoor lights. Your choice of fenestration and unusual plants all add to the magic of this build. The rear and side porches look lovely places to relax, paint and play chess, great idea to have the al fresco eating outside the kitchen door. Going inside the pops of red really add warmth and bring the cottage to life. Your attention to detail is amazing, you have placed the right amount of clutter in the right places and I love how you've set the table. The bedroom is my favourite place, I can almost hear the old wooden furniture here creaking!

Suggestions: I'm not sure the garden planters look quite right in the living area, I would have chosen something more suitable for indoors. Also in this room I think the piano would look better turned slightly inwards to the room, but not quite on a full diagonal. I would also have taken some red into the kitchen to keep it more in line with the living area, as there is an arch between these rooms.

@FaithofKaela

Cottage in the Woods has a very attractive facade enhanced by the gable and dormer windows peeking out of the roof. The decorative spandrels add to the beauty and quaintness of this cottage and I love the boho style front porch with the seating area and easel. The curved path is well defined using stones as edging which also keep the flower borders neat and tidy. You have put a lot of thought into the well stocked garden area with all the implements and tools and placing a picnic bench nearby to rest. Going inside is eclectic heaven, stunning work! Everything is perfectly placed in the open plan living area with lots of lovely clutter. Certainly looks very comfy and homely.

Suggestions: Firstly it would have been good to see a pic of the site with the roof up so we can see the roofline. Being a cottage I think a chimney would have topped the roof off nicely. The only suggestion I would make internally is about the rug in the bedroom. I feel this is too modern and bright for grumpy old Purdie, maybe something a little antiquated would be more fitting.

@JasonAnthonySterling

Wow, what an impressive and unique structural design to your build, you have certainly shown great creativity and put a lot of thought into the home. This really is reminiscent of the Golden Age with the art deco style. Also, well done on making the budget stretch so far as to include a pool, what luxury! Spectacular interior design and decoration, it's great you brought the glamorous style indoors, I'm sure it's exactly what Purdie would like. Wonderful layout and I love how you have divided the open plan living areas, particularly the mirrored wall from the dining room to kitchen, it makes the room look so much bigger. The panels in the bathroom also look fantastic and the red makes this room come alive. The whole of the build oozes glitz and glamour.

Suggestions: Compared to the rest of the interiors, the kitchen looks a little bland and I think it would benefit from some wall hangings or a more decorative wall texture. Regarding the upper terrace I think a tiled flooring, perhaps the same colour as what you've chosen, would give the area more substance plus the addition of potted plants.

The winner of this challenge is ......

@pronterus

With joint second place going to ......

@withlovejulien and @FaithofKaela

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congratulations @FoundMarbles @Ainsleyf @pronterus @withlovejulien @FaithofKaela all suuperb creations and very well deserved wins :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Congrats @pronterus @withlovejulien @FaithofKaela great jobs! @BuildnShare I ran out of money- but she's got a pool and a boyfriend! LOL!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wow!! Thanks for the glowing critique @BuildnShare!! I'll take your comments on board for future challenges! You're right about the rug, but it was a cheap way of fitting a rug in there!! Huge congrats to @pronterus, a very well deserved win!! Congrats to @withlovejulien as well of course :wink:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wow I didn't expect to win! Thank you everyone! :) Congrats to @withlovejulien and @FaithofKaela as well!

@BuildnShare I think I ran out of funds before I could properly furnish the bedroom :lol:
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Congratulations @pronterus @withlovejulien and @FaithofKaela :) Well done, all fantastic homes!
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Congratulations @pronterus and @FaithofKaela!!

Such impressive work!
    edited July 2017
    Established Results for Challenge #72 - Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym

@hannaht413
    Verdant Gym and Yoga is a lovely community lot. You did a great job with the layout of the containers, and the architecture surrounding them is wonderful, I especially like that slatted roofline, adds a huge amount of interest to the build.  The landscaping is mostly fabulous, the ferns and outdoor flooring look great, and that balcony garden area is amazing  I can tell that you put a lot of thought into the layout, I can see that the build would play well in game. Your interiors are amazing, your object placement and choices are spot on, that rooftop café is perfect! You made some great wall treatment choices throughout this build, it looks lovely and calming and relaxing, perfect!

Suggestions:
    The grassy area with the trees at the rear of the lot feels quite sparse and plain in comparison to the rest of the lot, perhaps a walkway and a more fern type planting beds would have helped it feel more part of the build.

@FoundMarbles
    Gymatastic is awesome! The layout of the containers works well to make maximum use of the useable indoor areas. Your exteriors are amazing, the landscaping works incredibly well, that little rock pool and creek are fantastic, you made such great use of MOO out here. Your roofline is so unique.  Great job getting the basketball court in out here!  You made some brilliant choices with your wall treatments both inside and out and also, your object choices work really well, it feels a well thought out creation. You did a really great job on the Spa area, it is so relaxing and calming.

Suggestions:
    Remember the ‘alt’ button, it allows you to turn things so that not everything has to be at a 90° angle. The way you have everything laid out makes the interiors feel quite rigid and forced, rather than natural and flowing, especially in the main workout area and the café.

@TwtyBrd0707
    Reuse and Recycle Gym is stunning! I can’t believe such a simple layout for the containers turned out into such an interesting building.  The architecture works really well, I think that is due, in part, to the simplicity of the landscaping out front and to the wall treatments that you chose, alongside the small wall you used to delineate the structure on the roof.  Your rear pool, meditation and yoga area is fabulous, great use of MOO back here to make that sand area feel natural.  Your interiors carry over that simplistic elegance, the muted tones work incredibly well throughout the building.

Suggestions:
    My only suggestion would have been to enlarge the seating area for the bar, it feels a little like an afterthought rather than in integral part of the overall build.

And the winner is........

@TwtyBrd0707

This was a really tough choice, all three builds were amazing in their own ways, and I just want to say a huge shout out to @FoundMarbles for taking the plunge and promoting yourself to the next category, you are truly growing as a builder!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Congratulation @TwtyBrd0707 for your win in #Bn72. :) Well done to all in the established category :)

@TwtyBrd0707 Congrats, Well Done!

Thank you for your very generous compliments! As you know, landscaping has been one of my BIG short comings, challenge after challenge. I really worked hard to make the grounds on Gymtastic as whimsical and imaginative as the lot would allow. (Since then I've improved my "creeks to also allow swimming!" A tricky problem with thin pools edged with rocks.) I am also experimenting with different roof structures and Gymtastic was one of those attempts.

Note Taken: ALT will be more visible in the future (I hope) I'm a bit of a slow study! Thank You for the advice.

@BuildnShare said " I just want to say a huge shout out to @FoundMarbles for taking the plunge and promoting yourself to the next category, you are truly growing as a builder!!"
    I felt with 2 maxis favs under my belt, I really couldn't claim novice status any longer. I am still seeing I need to work hard at getting out of my tendency to do tradition/conservative builds and get more imaginative if I'm to be in the running with all of the brilliant and imaginative minds at play in these challenges.

Thank you again for hosting these challenges, win or lose, they push me to do more, better, so I always win!
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #72 - Reuse and Recycle @ The Gym

@EnviedImperfection

Wow, I would absolutely love to visit The Zen Zone, what a magnificent place! Very unique and original structural design with lots of glass ensuring a light and airy atmosphere inside. The outdoor areas look very peaceful and relaxing, particularly the meditation areas. I love the Zen garden with the swept sand and meditating next to the area with the water feature would be awesome. You have shown much creativity with this build, the running track on the upper level being a super idea. The modern interiors are spacious and luxurious and you have put much thought into the design. I love the massage room, looks very tranquil and the gym area looks fantastic with all the state of the art equipment.

Suggestions: We like to see overhead shots of the site with the roof up in order to see the rooflines plus overheads of each floor so we can see the layouts. Watch the budget, the 210,752 had to include the 10,752 for the containers plus the lot cost plus the build cost in this instance. Regarding the build I would have added seats/tables in the outdoor bar area for relaxation and I would have replaced the reception area flooring with perhaps marble to keep in line with the rest of this elite and superior gym.

The Winner is ....

@EnviedImperfection

GArBA5W.jpg
  • EnviedImperfectionEnviedImperfection Posts: 264 Member
    @BuildnShare Thanks so much for the tips! I'll be sure to include overhead pictures next time :) And of course, thank you for hosting such great challenges.
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    Congratulations @TwtyBrd0707 ! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top