Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@TeamLaundry

35165721945_7687748817_o.png

WE DID THAT!!!

tumblr_mo20pz6YCO1rnr4rko1_500.gif

tumblr_o27bnkuxq41s3y9slo1_500.gif

tumblr_mqzlor6fnw1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    LOL! Congrats! I loved laundry in Sims 3, and I'll love it in 4. My homes have felt incomplete without it. I'm going to start building laundry rooms in all my saves in preparation for the SP next year.

This will keep my artsy stay-at-home parents a little more busy.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I really wish they'd speed the process up, I want it nooooow! >_< My sims need more chores, the house is just too clean. o-e
    I really hope they make it so that slob sims drop the clothes outside the hampers.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    I really wish they'd speed the process up, I want it nooooow! >_< My sims need more chores, the house is just too clean. o-e
    I really hope they make it so that slob sims drop the clothes outside the hampers.

your not the only one
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited June 2017

I agree, the game is too sterile. Even things that get dirty only get dirty once in a blue mood. Maids are entirely useless. I've had the serviced apartment in City Living and thought.... "well, this is pointless". All she did was stand around and then leave.

Plus, there's the whole issue of traits not meaning anything. A slob sim should definitely drop their clothes on the floor.... and then complain loudly when they have to do a month's worth of wash and pick up all their heaps of dirty, green smoking clothes.

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited June 2017
    OK now to make Eco Friendly Laundry Ideas.

I did research

Natural Detergent and Stain Removers they tend to be free from Chloride Bleach, Synthetic Fragrance and Dyes. They are often specially formulated to perform well in cold water.

Non Chlorine Bleach.

Eco Friendly dryer sheets. I need more research on this.

Hang the clothes out to dry.

Make your own Laundry Detergent.

A washer dryer combo

Detergentless washer. Need more research on this as well.

Heat pump dryer. Need more Research

Condensing Dryer. Need More research.

I especially like the making your own detergent I can really see Sims doing this being eco-friendly but also creative.

What do you all think? @KatyJay88 @friendlysimmers @Simanite

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Since it's a "stuff pack" I think all it's going to be is washer, dryer, clothesline and washtub. Which is more new game play objects than any any other Stuff Pack. I believe I read this somewhere on Grahams Twitter or here in Graham's Corner. But these are the main ideas I believe. OH! and the hamper.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'd looooove for them to be able to craft detergent (or anything, craft craft craft!) but wouldn't that be additional gameplay stuff?
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Booooooooooooo
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Hissssssss
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'd looooove for them to be able to craft detergent (or anything, craft craft craft!) but wouldn't that be additional gameplay stuff?

Yes, I think so.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie

Yes, I think so.

Thought as much. Its pretty much going to be limited to "wash, dry, upgrade, etc etc" so coming up with much more than that seems a little pointless.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    Briana2425 wrote: »

I did research

Natural Detergent and Stain Removers they tend to be free from Chloride Bleach, Synthetic Fragrance and Dyes. They are often specially formulated to perform well in cold water.

Non Chlorine Bleach.

A washer dryer combo

I especially like the making your own detergent I can really see Sims doing this being eco-friendly but also creative.

i think these are great idea and if the washer is a top load the washer should have a sensor that determines the amount of water that go into the machine if its a modern high efficency washer but if the washer is an old fashion machine like this it should have an option to save the sudy water in a wash sink to reuse the sudsy water for the next load

2zs38kx.jpg pic is there as an exemple your toughs @Briana2425
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

I did research

Non Chlorine Bleach.

A washer dryer combo

i think we should just name the pack something other than eco living to reflect laundry being the main focus
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    I just do not get the laundry obsession LOL I mean congratulations but I feel it doesn't add much in terms of game play like the other aspects. But to each their own.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
    edited June 2017
    Druscylla wrote: »
    I just do not get the laundry obsession LOL I mean congratulations but I feel it doesn't add much in terms of game play like the other aspects. But to each their own.

I think I get it, but I can't say it without sounding incredibly mean so I just won't lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Time to buy some cake! We made it!

Can't wait to see the actual concept/dev art of the machines!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @somethingstellar Keep your hate speech off this campus!

ZStmn9j.gif

Simanite wrote: »
    @somethingstellar Keep your hate speech off this campus!

ZStmn9j.gif

The legend of Trigglypuff lives on
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

1. For builders and decorators, it means a whole new room to build and decorate.

2. Maids and butlers will actually have something to do

3. Family players will use them constantly, and it gives stay-at-home parents/grandparents more to do while kids and spouses are at work.

1. For builders and decorators, it means a whole new room to build and decorate.

3. Family players will use them constantly, and it gives stay-at-home parents/grandparents more to do while kids and spouses are at work.

The second one is very true. My butler does far too much fake cleaning for how much I pay him lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

The second one is very true. My butler does far too much fake cleaning for how much I pay him lmao

how can you have your sims raise skills if you ask a butler to do everything i acutaly stop hiring one i clearly do not went any of my sims to be lazy doing nothingnot every players plays the same after all

edited June 2017

how can you have your sims raise skills if you ask a butler to do everything i acutaly stop hiring one i clearly do not went any of my sims to be lazy doing nothingnot every players plays the same after all

I never said all players play the same, quit acting like I need to play the same way you do. You're a middle aged man for crying out loud. Learn boundaries. I know you've probably got some disability that makes it impossible for you but do try.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

Except my sims that have maids or butlers have nice houses, I just can't see the washer and dryers that will be included using in nicer homes

Except my sims that have maids or butlers have nice houses, I just can't see the washer and dryers that will be included using in nicer homes

I think they'll end up including the scrub board, a cheap-o looking set, and another nicer looking set. All it really needs is to be a basic maytag design really. I grew up around nice houses with super fancy laundry rooms and they had basic washing machines in them.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

I play both middleclass and rich sims my rich sims have butlers middle class do not. So I see a need for butlers that can help out with laundry.