Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get clearer CAS screenshots?

My cas screenshots always seem to come out very pixelated when I take screenshots of the sims' whole body. Help please?

Comments

• DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    What's your graphic settings at?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    try using a screenshot program rather than the in-game camera to take screenies
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Here are some pictures for reference:
    q1sybzjoyplwhy7zg.jpg
    Face/sim profile
    3nro7en5rruem80zg.jpg
    Full body
    and these are my graphics settings:
    le0g2evl2hu8uc8zg.jpg
    @CyrusTheLoser @DivieOwl
    Take Laptop mode off and try
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

@MrMonty96 If Your computer can handle it, You also might want to try bumping up "Edge Smoothing" as high as it can go.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2017
    Why do you have both uncompressed textures and laptop mode on? These two settings are more-or-less functional opposites.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I think it is normal for CAS:
    blond2.jpg
    ^That sucker is maxed like a mother.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Graphics settings is why it isn't crisp. If your computer can handle it, put it on ultra and take off laptop mode.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    I don't think it's how the game is. My CAS pictures turn out pretty good.

06-17-17_9-21-20_PM.jpg
    06-17-17_9-22-35_PM.jpg
    AG_1.png
    Townie_1.png
    Townie_2.png
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I have everything on highest and a very powerful machine but my full-body CAS screenshots always look a big jagged around the Sim, too, but that might be because my screen is very big.
    Simanite wrote: »
    I have everything on highest and a very powerful machine but my full-body CAS screenshots always look a big jagged around the Sim, too, but that might be because my screen is very big.

Sims 4 isn't completely rounded. Their jaws, chins, shoulders, etc, all have pointy areas. But you can still get pretty smooth looking pictures in cas. I have a good pc and play on a large screen with a large resolution and mine aren't jagged beyond what the game has and they're not blurry at all as the OP's is.

You can see in this picture, around the shoulders and jaw is a bit of pointy area, but it's still smooth and not jagged.

Lillie.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited June 2017
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Here are some pictures for reference:
    q1sybzjoyplwhy7zg.jpg
    Face/sim profile
    3nro7en5rruem80zg.jpg
    Full body
    and these are my graphics settings:
    le0g2evl2hu8uc8zg.jpg
    CyrusTheLoserDivieOwl

Okay, to answer your question, you have to put the display type to "fullscreen", not even "windowed fullscreen". That would solve the jagged edges on your sims. Hope this helps! :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I play on ultra, no laptop mode, and I too notice a distinct difference between screenshots of the face and the body in CAS.
    For example this image of Elaine - the only thing I did was combine the two screenshots into one:
    tumblr_or3efsNj0N1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    While the facial image looks good, the full body screenshot looks more grainy.
    Oddly enough I don't notice this difference when I'm working in CAS.

One explanation could be, that when zooming in on the face Sims stand completely still, whereas they always move about a bit when zoomed out to full body.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Thanks for the help everyone, I have changed my graphics settings slightly so my screenshots are looking better now. I think there's also a certian setting that affects it too because my screenshots were never that blurry.