The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we still get the other features?

I really liked the off grid, canning, and carbon concious (in that order). I'm a bit bummed. Will these still be included or at least considered in other packs? I thought they really could enhance the game in a way laundry couldn't.

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Canning and laundry were at the top of my list, but I would also like to see an actual GP with all the others included. I'm never going to give up on canning. That is something I desperately want in my game.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Canning and laundry were at the top of my list, but I would also like to see an actual GP with all the others included. I'm never going to give up on canning. That is something I desperately want in my game.

I think canning and off the grid could go in a pack together. Maybe they could even do an EP like farming maybe?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really hope those other ideas come to the game. Perhaps not in an SP though because they can add a lot more depth with a GP/EP. The whole off the grid/canning/nectar making deserve more than what an SP can offer us anyways.
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    > @gummybear0724 said:
    > SageRainWillow wrote: »
    >
    > Canning and laundry were at the top of my list, but I would also like to see an actual GP with all the others included. I'm never going to give up on canning. That is something I desperately want in my game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think canning and off the grid could go in a pack together. Maybe they could even do an EP like farming maybe?

That would be cool.They were such interesting and unique ideas.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I doubt we will get another chance at those features in Sims 4. Graham said these were things they did not plan to make otherwise. I could maybe see another chance for the canning/preserves if they ever do make a farming or rural living GP. But I wouldn't count on seeing well water, solar panels, etc, as they wouldn't really fit into anything else.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    [quote="Lomelindi7;c-15860602"]I doubt we will get another chance at those features in Sims 4. Graham said these were things they did not plan to make otherwise. I could maybe see another chance for the canning/preserves if they ever do make a farming or rural living GP. But I wouldn't count on seeing well water, solar panels, etc, as they wouldn't really fit into anything else. [/quote]

I really wanted to make an Off the Grid cabin in the woods :( So much potential, ugh.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I doubt we will get another chance at those features in Sims 4. Graham said these were things they did not plan to make otherwise. I could maybe see another chance for the canning/preserves if they ever do make a farming or rural living GP. But I wouldn't count on seeing well water, solar panels, etc, as they wouldn't really fit into anything else.

They could still fit in to a farm life pack. Especially the well water feature.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

They could still fit in to a farm life pack. Especially the well water feature.

I will be hoping!

@IgneousGelding ME TOO!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2017
    We can get the Nectar Making, Canning and Off the Grid in a Farming Game Pack. :)
    Like here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920565/the-ultimate-farming-country-living-game-pack
    a256aFi.gif

I really wanted to make an Off the Grid cabin in the woods :( So much potential, ugh.

Me too. :'(
    @Lomelindi7 Time to go scream at the wall. You in?
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
    > @IgneousGelding said:
    > @Lomelindi7 Time to go scream at the wall. You in?

Lol I'll join you,but only because it sounds fun
    @IgneousGelding Haha! It's ok, I ranted at my husband... got it out of my system. :P
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    They are solid ideas - wasted potential if they don't ever make it into the game at some point.
    // take me back to 2018.
    > @Trowicia said:
    > They are solid ideas - wasted potential if they don't ever make it into the game at some point.

I totally agree,I think the sims team would do well to save the ideas for future use
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited June 2017
    Farming Game Pack:

Windmills that are also turbines that grind grain into flour
    Wells and cisterns for irrigation and the return of sprinklers
    Solar panels to keep overhead costs lower
    Canning all your fruits/veggies and canning food rations
    Nectar-making
    Composting and recycling

Oh yes, I can see everything that lost fitting into one Game Pack. But, that's assuming they haven't already decided on all EPs/GPs for the life of the game.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

[quote="SageRainWillow;c-15860675"]Farming Game Pack:

Windmills that are also turbines that grind grain into flour
    Wells and cisterns for irrigation and the return of sprinklers
    Solar panels to keep overhead costs lower
    Canning all your fruits/veggies and canning food rations
    Nectar-making
    Composting and recycling

Oh yes, I can see everything that lost fitting into one Game Pack. But, that's assuming they haven't already decided on all EPs/GPs for the life of the game.[/quote]

I don't know, something tells me they'd never go for a pack like that. I think it'd be too much work for them. Honestly, I thing the company IS getting lazier, even if it isn't too obvious yet. The only thing making me questions my doubts is how well the toddlers were made. If we ever got a farming pack, I'm sure it'd be not even half of what you posted. And I'd hope it would include horses, but I doubt it.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

Sign my petition? We must make this GP a thing. I will sacrifice five Sim first borns for this.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920686/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-1-signature
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I'm more concerned about Off the Grid. Food canning will fit just fine in a farming GP/EP, if we get one, but is there anywhere for Off the Grid to fit in a cohesive way...?
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
    edited June 2017
    SimmerMoon wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about Off the Grid. Food canning will fit just fine in a farming GP/EP, if we get one, but is there anywhere for Off the Grid to fit in a cohesive way...?

There will always be a way
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    I also hope that the lost gameplay features make it into a Farming GP. It all fits together.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    I really hope so. I'm glad to all that wanted laundry, I'm glad you get what you want. Regarding the other choices I feel as if they waved a treat in my face then jerked it away and eat it themselves. :heartbreak:
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    I really hope so. I'm glad to all that wanted laundry, I'm glad you get what you want. Regarding the other choices I feel as if they waved a treat in my face then jerked it away and eat it themselves. :heartbreak:

I agree, especially since it was said multiple times that whatever didn't win the votes during this process, would not be in any future packs
    edited June 2017

I agree, especially since it was said multiple times that whatever didn't win the votes during this process, would not be in any future packs

Maybe they meant stuff packs though, because ALL three of these would fit in one game pack very neatly and laundry was the only odd one out. And most of the other features were probably always too labor intensive to go in a stuff pack anyway.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World