Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ SIMS 4 QC MONTHLY ~ CHALLENGE 31 DUE (CDT) 1ST JULY ☆☆

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited June 2017
    FYI: I used two cruise ships @MyFavoritedesign and@Popettypop2012
    the chapter's now up.. tag me if you want me to post a link to the chapter
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thanks so much for the challenge. I just didn't finish in time, but man!!!! I am so impressed with everyone's entries - and the banners look wonderful!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,087 Member
    @Ainsleyf --- I'm sorry to hear that you didn't finish your build in time :(. I'm sure it would have been great to see, and if you're still working on it, anyway, I'd love to see it when it's done <3! Thanks for your comment about how everyone's entries were special B)! I really liked everyone's entry a wicked lot :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    FYI: I used two cruise ships @MyFavoritedesign and@Popettypop2012
    the chapter's now up.. tag me if you want me to post a link to the chapter
    @MadameLee, please. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Congratulations on your maxis fav! @popettypop2012

I hope those of you who didn't get a chance to finish in time will still show us what you did when you do finish the build!?

Thanks to you all for your kind comments :) And, Your all very welcome! I loved seeing everyone's builds! :)

I was so annoying that day they were filming at Tatton Park which is one of our favorite places to go. I was like "If i guess it can you tell me?!" he said no then I said "ok how about I guess and you just wink or something to let me know?" he laughed said no and asked me if I was trying to get him fired! I stopped after that. But, I still tried to snoop around. Of course movies and TV use sound stages but, they film on location as well. I went on a taxi tour of all the filming locations for the Harry Potter films up until the half blood prince. some places were Christ church oxford (i think), this crazy old abbey i cant recall the name of but I have lot of pictures of me and my hubby there that you would notice right away if you seen the movies a few time. we also went to this village that doesnt look like it has changed at all since Tudor times! The potters house from the first movie were in the village and Slughorn's "house" was also there. We ate in this pub for lunch there that had this wheel (like a hamster wheel) in the pub but bigger. apparently it was used to keep the fire going or something and they used dogs and children! I was way shocked by that and a little sad to say the least! I also have been to Warwick castle which was used in one of the HP movies and also the TV show Merlin. I don't know how I am remembering any of this lol At the end of July we are going away for a long weekend to Scotland for our wedding anniversary and I am so excited! Because I am a huge Outlander fan and we are going to the highlands and staying in Inverness! I wish i could show you all pictures of the movie locations I've been at but, I'm already way off topic! lol
    Congratulations everyone:D

Im working on the stadium and im wondering if its okay to add two tower with apartments? im getting insparation from the stadium here in my city=P
    } @WiggleyTuff I don't see why not! It's all just for fun anyways and it will be great to see lots of different interpretations!

34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much, @rosemow, @coolsim9999999 , @kimartist @lisa17ann and @lsnishi. It was really a surprise. I thought my sims weren't that glamorous and royal enough, especially the Prince.

@MadameLee I'd love to see the chapter too, please. Thank you so much for using my yacht.

@lisa17ann England has so many beautiful places for shooting films. I'm in love with period dramas and in England, there are so many gorgeous castles and scenery that they use in the films. Not to forget Scotland and one of my favourite TV shows, Outlander. When is season 3 coming, by the way? I need more Jamie and Claire.
    edited June 2017
    @lisa17ann yeah the Great Hall of the Christ College in Oxford was used for at least movies 1&2 as Hogwart's Great Hall. Another literally author worked there as well I will give you a hint "You're only a pack of cards" is a quote from one of his two books. I visited there back when I visited UK with my Mom back in 2011. If you can guess the book the quote's from you can also guess whose family lived there as well
    6adMCGP.gif
  • kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    @Ainsleyf I'm sorry you didn't get your build finished. I would still love to see it. I'm just so amazed at how wonderful all of these are and would love to look a more of them. I love the challenges because we are all on the same playing field (nocc) and I find it amazing how different we all see our builds.
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

@MadameLee My husband says Lewis Carroll author of Alice in wonderland! I should of known! I'm on to many pain killers and it's nearly midnight! Not the best time for literary quizzes for me haha! Besides I mostly read historical romance novels shamelessly lol! It's stunningly beautiful at Christ Church! Also a set of stairs was used in the first movie from there! I've also been to the studio tour in London where all the sets are! It was an amazing exsperiance as well!

Lacock Abbey was the one I was thinking of and it has the halls, a early potion class room, fluffy's door, the tree where Malloy is turned into a ferret lol

We've been id say close to 100 different places where movies or tv have been filmed so I'm not going to list everything lol

But, We also went to quarry bank mill which was a historical tv drama here in England about the mill and its workers during the industrial revolution. It's close to us and was a wonderful day out! And, the show was really good! If anyone is interested in watching it!

@popettypop2012 Outlander has just finished filming and is in post-production now. It should be out in September! I agree I need my outlander fix!
    I've been reading the books, Im on book 5 now! I've lost count of how many times I've rewatched season one and two. If your looking for period dramas to watch with lots of action there is vikings, the white queen or (the white princess which I haven't watched yet my self), and reign which is about Mary Queen of Scots! We are rewatching GOT at the moment as it comes out next month :)

@lisa17ann the Liddells (including the person the Wonderland's Alice is based on) also lived in there. Some people say Alice's father was the basis of the White Rabbit because of you know he was always "late". Mom and I were in UK (and we had visited France earlier in the trip) and we took a boss and went to X (?), StoneHedge and Christ Church college and with that last one we got a paper handout and I happened to look down at it and read something about Charles Dogson (aka Lewis Carrol) working there and I point it out to my mother.

6adMCGP.gif
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @lisa17ann I'm also reading the outlander books and I am up to Drums of Autumn. I've seen Reign up to Season 3, The Vikings until the end of Season 4 and have seen The White Queen but not the White Princess. I love GOT to bits but I'm saving Season 6 even though I have it on DVD. I'm planning to watch the early seasons again because I want to see Robb Stark again. Can't believe he's killed off so early. The Red Wedding is a horrible episode.
    @MadameLee Oh that's a charming story! If I'm right I believe Lewis Carroll was a mathematician at Christ Church.

And, From what I know of authors it's common to use people they have known as likeness' as characters in their books.

I love to write and maybe one day I will finish the idea that has been in my head for a good 10 years and actually write my book(s) lol And, I always find people I know ended up in my writing in one way or another. Typically writers also use them selves either in physical likeness or personality and not just for one but, for many characters! narcissists maybe? Lol I guess we write what we are familiar with even in fantasy worlds!

I'm not sure what X is lol And, I've never been to stone henge. I'm planning on visiting a stone circle and burial site called Clava cairn in Scotland that's said to be older then stone henge but smaller. Still I'm looking forward to it! :)

Well @popettypop2012 you seem to be as caught up as I am! Lol we just watched the Red Wedding in GOT :'( it's awful! My husband had to look away as the sight of blood makes him go pale! Bless him lol maybe we should both watch the white princess and carry on reading outlander! Poor Ian am I right! Not to mention Rodger! Lol

Well enough rambling from me it's 1am and I'm sleepy! Have a wonderful day all! And, happy Simming and building :)

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    I am sorry that you were unable to complete your bulld in time @Ainsleyf It would be very nice seeing the home if you finish it in the future :)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @lisa17ann aww ty :)
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    soooo if our sports field is missing like.. goals >.> is that gonna count against us >.<
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I got a question, for me when you say stadium i dont only think of football/soccer, basketball etc but i also think of swimming. Would that be okay or does it have to be one of the things i mentioned?
    @PersRealmsShadow I don't think anything will be counted against you because the monthly isn't a judged challenge any more. But, it might be fun to think up a way to make goals using other objects ;)

@WiggleyTuff I think your free to do what ever you want. I don't see why it couldn't be like an Olympic swimming stadium :)

My idea for my stadium is WAY outside normal sporting events. Hint: it's a Wizarding sport :D I can't wait to start it I just need to get all my room/bi weekly judging done first! :(:'( *sulking*

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,087 Member
    edited June 2017
    You're welcome @popettypop2012 :D!

Congratulations on your Maxis faves, @Ainsleyf and @masajo B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis favs @masajo and @Ainsleyf! They were great sim royals!
    PDWxp40.jpg
    I'm working on my Stadium and I'm not sure how the sims with play with this. They can't really watch/play a game. They can eat, shop and such, but is that what is considered playable?
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **

@lisa17ann I just read that there are room challenges. Am I missing them?
    revisedsig2.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top