Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The ULTIMATE Farming/ Farm Life GAME PACK!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
New Gameplay Features:
  • New harvestables like: Eggplant, Peach, Wheat, Corn, Cucumber, Orange, new sorts of grapes...
of0J4Un.png

New World: Sunlight Acres
007bTim.png
All lots in this world don't receive electricity or water utilities. The good thing is that there are no bills to pay here.
The only electricy and water comes from Water Pumps/ Water Collectors and Generators/ Solar panels. Without these objects you can't watch TV nor shower or use sprinklers. That's what it costs living off the land!

Asthetics: The world is filled with wide fields of crops, farm houses and country windmills.

New WooHoo location: Haystack WooHoo
MTS_simsample-1243514-Haystack_ingame.jpg
New Death: Death by bees

MTS_icemunmun-1680440-TS4_x642017-03-0523-21-32-25.jpg

Tractors
screenshot_original.jpg
Tractors can break sometimes and you have to repair them.
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• Kuma_frumaKuma_fruma Posts: 46 Member
    Yeaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be awsome, have ducks andor chickens for eggs and so much this is such a brilliant idea!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    A farming expansion or GP combined with the ideas for off the grid and food preserves would be amazing!
  • MiMortaMiMorta Posts: 15 Member
    This looks so much fun! I would so get this world.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A farm pack should be an EP with a new rural world.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

But looking at the rate we get EPs, it's more likely we get the Farming theme as a Game Pack.
    They can and must add a world in this Pack, just like Vampires and Outdoor Retreat had a new world as a Game Pack. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

But looking at the rate we get EPs, it's more likely we get the Farming theme as a Game Pack.
    They can and must add a world in this Pack, just like Vampires and Outdoor Retreat had a new world as a Game Pack. :)

I don't want a tiny, one farm world the size of FH. I want a big, farm world with lots of fields and pastures of livestock, similar to the countryside in Windenburg.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    [quote="Dannydanbo;c-15859108"][quote="FreezerBunnyCowplant;c-15858805"][quote="Dannydanbo;c-15858619"]A farm pack should be an EP with a new rural world.[/quote]

They can and must add a world in this Pack, just like Vampires and Outdoor Retreat had a new world as a Game Pack. :)[/quote]

I don't want a tiny, one farm world the size of FH. I want a big, farm world with lots of fields and pastures of livestock, similar to the countryside in Windenburg.[/quote]

I actually think they could do a proper farm world in a game pack- think of how large some of the lots are in Granite Falls. The issue would be that there wouldn't really be room for any commercial lots, which would mean no quaint downtown or even space for a farmer's market.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2017
    yeah Definitely Want to start a pumpkin patch and try to design a Wheat/corn maze. I've already Started a Vineyard, and a Small Orchard. (Apples and Pears)

Nectar, Brew making.

and at least Bulls & Cows, Chickens Roosters, Pigs, and either Alpaca or pygmy goat
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HOT2TROTKELLYHOT2TROTKELLY Posts: 3 New Member
    my sister && I have always dreamed of an expansion like this. I love the sims 4 don't get me wrong, but why is everything about corporatations, city life, downtown. where the real stuff like farming && living off the land!! it would be so cool I know you guys say it's too much for the game but it's 2017 all games are intricate && I think it'd only fair if the city met the country. you could have rival familes.Growing crops, making products to sell to the community as a living, Canning, be surrounded by acres && animals, & I really think this is something that should happen real soon
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    All this and more types of farming clothes. When I hit the farm in real life, I bring my overalls (and I'm a dude, by the way). Sometimes I wear my plaid shirt under them, sometimes a t-shirt, and on really hot days, no shirt. Straw hats would be nice, too.

And if they did introduce pets, more animals could be added for Farming... who wouldn't want a pet cow or pig. Or a chicken coop!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    This sounds awesome,I really hope to see it
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've been wanting Farm Life since 2014. What's the hold up? My Cruise holiday? lol.

*looks around and can't see either*
  • SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    Sounds fun! I don't think the *entire* world should be without electricity or water, though. If it was a full sized world, one neighborhood without it would be nice. Or maybe include the Off the Grid lot trait like mentioned in the survey?
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    OMG yes pleeeease although I'd still like an off the grid trait elsewhere.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    I think, a farming gamepack would be very well received. I hear, a lot of people would like to have something like it.
    edited June 2017
    Candacis wrote: »
    I think, a farming gamepack would be very well received. I hear, a lot of people would like to have something like it.

They would be completely insane not to do it. They may as well say they hate money.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Well, lately they didn't have a lot of good intuition with their themes. I'm thinking Bowling and Fitness..

But hopefully a farming GP is on their list. I think, it is, because they didn't include bees and honey making in the last eco living survey. And that was something a lot of people suggested for eco living.
    Just look at the brainstorm list and see what good things they excluded from the survey. Graham said, some things were not put into the survey, because they have already plans for it.
    Candacis wrote: »
    Well, lately they didn't have a lot of good intuition with their themes. I'm thinking Bowling and Fitness..

But hopefully a farming GP is on their list. I think, it is, because they didn't include bees and honey making in the last eco living survey. And that was something a lot of people suggested for eco living.
    Just look at the brainstorm list and see what good things they excluded from the survey. Graham said, some things were not put into the survey, because they have already plans for it.

This gives me less hope for the other things grouped with Laundry -.-;
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    I still push the idea of using the "off the grid" constraints in the form of a lot trait so that you aren't forcing all players to play one way within the world. It would be as if they required you to play as a vampire in Forgotten Hollow, ya know?

Otherwise, I agree with everything else.

I need more things to do with my harvestables! And farming was my absolute favorite aspect of ts3. I miss skill journals and how in depth skills used to be. Ugh.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I would love a farming EP!!! So many great ideas :-)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2017
    Death by bees, when you try to steal honey at the tree and fail
    22b36a26337f5468ea5ab2e50538b056.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I would be interested in a Farming GP or EP. An EP seems more like a companion to CL so makes more sense to me, plus you could have the huge farming lots and as someone mentioned, a small town but a GP could work. I would include a few "country-style" food recipes and perhaps a country fair. (I know some people complain about the festivals though). Things like preserves and pies could be judged at the fair.

Hope to see it!

I agree that the Off The Grid elements should show up as an optional Off The Grid lot trait if they ever do.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimsLovingMama1991SimsLovingMama1991 Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes please!! That would be amazing! I think off the grid as an added optional lot trait is a great idea. Love everything designed up there too, I hope the creators actually do this!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2017
    Furkean wrote: »
    I wish that they would give us this EP instead of eco living themed kind of SP

You should change it to EP, OP. A gamepack would never do farming with animals, barns, & crops with a farming community, country clothes, antiques, and the solar conscience part of the community any justice at all. With real farming animals, you NEED an EP just like with Pets. If you will change it to EP count me in, but if not then leave me out as a gamepack would skim what people would really want and expect.

Also, I love the pics you put in except for the chicken coop. That was all we could get for S3, but I would never want it for S4. I want to pick the colors of my chickens and how many I want between colors, hens, roosters, and baby chicks along with the diff colors of other farm animals([pink hogs/black and white hogs/pigs) ect. I would also like to sell them(farm animals), have them breed if I want them to, and sell their products just like in a real farming game and real life.