Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-Living - Off the Grid

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    JUst so you all know that in real life living off the grid still has government regulations we have to follow - so showers with buckets and outhouses are not allowed. On actual lots for eco living the very first things you are required before any living quarters can be started is to install deep wells that connect with the water tables and put in a septic system or leech field. They are very fussy about placement and size of septics. Like they have to be 75 feet or more from the dwelling exits and each other - that means away from your dwelling and any other dwelling erected own your lot or on others lots - as well as away from animal quarters, grazing areas, and gardening of any kind. These systems have to be inspected and approved of by the town assessors and building inspector. Things like outhouses and outside bathing is not legal structures and the health department will not allow it. So living off the grid is not like camping or staying on a campground - it has many of the same rules and regulations of any house lot - with the one exception you do not have to be connected to town water and electricity.

If you do not have the approved septic or leech field and the well - then you do not get to build any structure on the property or bring children and pets on that property to stay. Some people do try it - but sooner or later they will show up take the kids and pets, and bulldoze everything on the lot. They do not fool around in the few states you can even legally live off the grid. Many states it is not even allowed in the USA. I cannot speak for other countries - but that is how it works here.

ETA - Just to add I realize this is real life I am talking about and not the Sims - lol - and apparently in the Sims the impossible is always possible. I wish I could teleport - think how much we could save in fuel alone. LOL. Anyway - just want to clarify - this is not the 60's when people could do just about anything - it's not like that now a days. Believe me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > JUst so you all know that in real life living off the grid still has government regulations we have to follow - so showers with buckets and outhouses are not allowed. On actual lots for eco living the very first things you are required before any living quarters can be started is to install deep wells that connect with the water tables and put in a septic system or leech field. They are very fussy about placement and size of septics. Like they have to be 75 feet or more from the dwelling exits and each other - that means away from your dwelling and any other dwelling erected own your lot or on others lots - as well as away from animal quarters, grazing areas, and gardening of any kind. These systems have to be inspected and approved of by the town assessors and building inspector. Things like outhouses and outside bathing is not legal structures and the health department will not allow it. So living off the grid is not like camping or staying on a campground - it has many of the same rules and regulations of any house lot - with the one exception you do not have to be connected to town water and electricity.
    >
    > If you do not have the approved septic or leech field and the well - then you do not get to build any structure on the property or bring children and pets on that property to stay. Some people do try it - but sooner or later they will show up take the kids and pets, and bulldoze everything on the lot. They do not fool around in the few states you can even legally live off the grid. Many states it is not even allowed in the USA. I cannot speak for other countries - but that is how it works here.
    >
    > ETA - Just to add I realize this is real life I am talking about and not the Sims - lol - and apparently in the Sims the impossible is always possible. I wish I could teleport - think how much we could save in fuel alone. LOL. Anyway - just want to clarify - this is not the 60's when people could do just about anything - it's not like that now a days. Believe me.

lmao that's why I think the people who want to be able to camp on their lots are a little funny, because if they tried that in real life they'd be hauled off their own property by the city/regional department in charge of building codes. There was a survivalist type family who wanted to do that in the US and they nearly had their kids taken away.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited June 2017
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > JUst so you all know that in real life living off the grid still has government regulations we have to follow - so showers with buckets and outhouses are not allowed. On actual lots for eco living the very first things you are required before any living quarters can be started is to install deep wells that connect with the water tables and put in a septic system or leech field. They are very fussy about placement and size of septics. Like they have to be 75 feet or more from the dwelling exits and each other - that means away from your dwelling and any other dwelling erected own your lot or on others lots - as well as away from animal quarters, grazing areas, and gardening of any kind. These systems have to be inspected and approved of by the town assessors and building inspector. Things like outhouses and outside bathing is not legal structures and the health department will not allow it. So living off the grid is not like camping or staying on a campground - it has many of the same rules and regulations of any house lot - with the one exception you do not have to be connected to town water and electricity.
    >
    > If you do not have the approved septic or leech field and the well - then you do not get to build any structure on the property or bring children and pets on that property to stay. Some people do try it - but sooner or later they will show up take the kids and pets, and bulldoze everything on the lot. They do not fool around in the few states you can even legally live off the grid. Many states it is not even allowed in the USA. I cannot speak for other countries - but that is how it works here.
    >
    > ETA - Just to add I realize this is real life I am talking about and not the Sims - lol - and apparently in the Sims the impossible is always possible. I wish I could teleport - think how much we could save in fuel alone. LOL. Anyway - just want to clarify - this is not the 60's when people could do just about anything - it's not like that now a days. Believe me.

lmao that's why I think the people who want to be able to camp on their lots are a little funny, because if they tried that in real life they'd be hauled off their own property by the city/regional department in charge of building codes. There was a survivalist type family who wanted to do that in the US and they nearly had their kids taken away.

Oh I know - as one who spent from April - December in my RV - I learned quickly we could only stay on our own land for two weeks in a fully contained 3 room and bath rv - with a bathroom shower and toilet, running water -Full kitchen - etc - they gave us grief from day one and made us move to a legit campground. We don't even have any kids with us - my kids are all grown - and just have one cat. They watch you like a hawk.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

> @Writin_Reg said:
    > somethingstellar wrote: »
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > JUst so you all know that in real life living off the grid still has government regulations we have to follow - so showers with buckets and outhouses are not allowed. On actual lots for eco living the very first things you are required before any living quarters can be started is to install deep wells that connect with the water tables and put in a septic system or leech field. They are very fussy about placement and size of septics. Like they have to be 75 feet or more from the dwelling exits and each other - that means away from your dwelling and any other dwelling erected own your lot or on others lots - as well as away from animal quarters, grazing areas, and gardening of any kind. These systems have to be inspected and approved of by the town assessors and building inspector. Things like outhouses and outside bathing is not legal structures and the health department will not allow it. So living off the grid is not like camping or staying on a campground - it has many of the same rules and regulations of any house lot - with the one exception you do not have to be connected to town water and electricity.
    > >
    > > If you do not have the approved septic or leech field and the well - then you do not get to build any structure on the property or bring children and pets on that property to stay. Some people do try it - but sooner or later they will show up take the kids and pets, and bulldoze everything on the lot. They do not fool around in the few states you can even legally live off the grid. Many states it is not even allowed in the USA. I cannot speak for other countries - but that is how it works here.
    > >
    > > ETA - Just to add I realize this is real life I am talking about and not the Sims - lol - and apparently in the Sims the impossible is always possible. I wish I could teleport - think how much we could save in fuel alone. LOL. Anyway - just want to clarify - this is not the 60's when people could do just about anything - it's not like that now a days. Believe me.
    >
    > lmao that's why I think the people who want to be able to camp on their lots are a little funny, because if they tried that in real life they'd be hauled off their own property by the city/regional department in charge of building codes. There was a survivalist type family who wanted to do that in the US and they nearly had their kids taken away.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh I know - as one who spent from April - December in my RV - I learned quickly we could only stay on our own land for two weeks in a fully contained 3 room and bath rv - with a bathroom shower and toilet, running water -Full kitchen - etc - they gave us grief from day one and made us move to a legit campground. We don't even have any kids with us - my kids are all grown - and just had one cat. They watch you like a hawk.

Gotta love how you can buy something but not own it completely lmao I guess that's what keeps people from building shacks where they shouldn't be though.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > JUst so you all know that in real life living off the grid still has government regulations we have to follow - so showers with buckets and outhouses are not allowed. On actual lots for eco living the very first things you are required before any living quarters can be started is to install deep wells that connect with the water tables and put in a septic system or leech field. They are very fussy about placement and size of septics. Like they have to be 75 feet or more from the dwelling exits and each other - that means away from your dwelling and any other dwelling erected own your lot or on others lots - as well as away from animal quarters, grazing areas, and gardening of any kind. These systems have to be inspected and approved of by the town assessors and building inspector. Things like outhouses and outside bathing is not legal structures and the health department will not allow it. So living off the grid is not like camping or staying on a campground - it has many of the same rules and regulations of any house lot - with the one exception you do not have to be connected to town water and electricity.
    > >
    > > If you do not have the approved septic or leech field and the well - then you do not get to build any structure on the property or bring children and pets on that property to stay. Some people do try it - but sooner or later they will show up take the kids and pets, and bulldoze everything on the lot. They do not fool around in the few states you can even legally live off the grid. Many states it is not even allowed in the USA. I cannot speak for other countries - but that is how it works here.
    > >
    > > ETA - Just to add I realize this is real life I am talking about and not the Sims - lol - and apparently in the Sims the impossible is always possible. I wish I could teleport - think how much we could save in fuel alone. LOL. Anyway - just want to clarify - this is not the 60's when people could do just about anything - it's not like that now a days. Believe me.
    >
    > lmao that's why I think the people who want to be able to camp on their lots are a little funny, because if they tried that in real life they'd be hauled off their own property by the city/regional department in charge of building codes. There was a survivalist type family who wanted to do that in the US and they nearly had their kids taken away.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh I know - as one who spent from April - December in my RV - I learned quickly we could only stay on our own land for two weeks in a fully contained 3 room and bath rv - with a bathroom shower and toilet, running water -Full kitchen - etc - they gave us grief from day one and made us move to a legit campground. We don't even have any kids with us - my kids are all grown - and just had one cat. They watch you like a hawk.

Gotta love how you can buy something but not own it completely lmao I guess that's what keeps people from building shacks where they shouldn't be though.

Live out in the country. Nobody cares what you do.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

> @Writin_Reg said:
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

For sure. Government has their nose in your business 24/7.

At least in Maine is better than some states though - I have family in a state in the mid west who got arrested for collecting rain water and for building a windmill on their own property. That's how I found out you have to check every state and county to even see if you can legally go full ECO on your own property. Most shocking though is even some of the states that allow Eco friendly living - collecting rain water is illegal.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    well try living in a city like montreal if you try to squat in an abandon building or a public lot squaters are evicted by the police
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > well try living in a city like montreal if you try to squat in an abandon building or a public lot squaters are evicted by the police

Ummm trying to live on property that is someone else's is completely different from trying to live on property you own but ok.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited June 2017
    well try living in a city like montreal if you try to squat in an abandon building or a public lot squaters are evicted by the police

Well going on other peoples property is pretty much against the law anywhere. I am talking on property we bought and paid for and fully own. Even in the eco village we each own our own plots of land and build our own homes. But before the house can be erected the well and septics had to be installed and the plots surveyed - then they tell you how big a place you can build and on what spot on your lot. So owning land does not allow you to make your own rules.

ETA-
    I don't know about Canada - but if a squatter or homesteader as it was formerly called - lives on anothers property, pays the property taxes for 20 years and the owner of said property never did anything to remove them - they can legally take over possession / ownership of said property. Because of this ruling by founders that was grandfathered since the founding of the USA - if one does nothing to keep that above from happening - then that person can take over your property - so naturally owners are not going to let that happen and usually get squatter removed by the trespassing laws. But like I said your country probably has their own set of rules for things like that. I do know most countries have some sort of sets of laws for squatters as well as land owners that may well differ than ours.

In dreams - I LIVE!

> @Writin_Reg said:
    > friendlysimmers wrote: »
    >
    > well try living in a city like montreal if you try to squat in an abandon building or a public lot squaters are evicted by the police
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well going on other peoples property is pretty much against the law anywhere. I am talking on property we bought and paid for and fully own.

I think that they think the city/tax payers don't own the parks and that buildings nobody is living in at the moment are owned by nobody at all even if most of the time its being held simply as a place to put money or they're waiting to develop it or sell it to someone who will develop it.
    Squatters are an issue where I am too. Their mentality has always been annoying to me even when I was homeless.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    If off the grid or the other frugal one wins I will puke.
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > somethingstellar wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > > JUst so you all know that in real life living off the grid still has government regulations we have to follow - so showers with buckets and outhouses are not allowed. On actual lots for eco living the very first things you are required before any living quarters can be started is to install deep wells that connect with the water tables and put in a septic system or leech field. They are very fussy about placement and size of septics. Like they have to be 75 feet or more from the dwelling exits and each other - that means away from your dwelling and any other dwelling erected own your lot or on others lots - as well as away from animal quarters, grazing areas, and gardening of any kind. These systems have to be inspected and approved of by the town assessors and building inspector. Things like outhouses and outside bathing is not legal structures and the health department will not allow it. So living off the grid is not like camping or staying on a campground - it has many of the same rules and regulations of any house lot - with the one exception you do not have to be connected to town water and electricity.
    > > >
    > > > If you do not have the approved septic or leech field and the well - then you do not get to build any structure on the property or bring children and pets on that property to stay. Some people do try it - but sooner or later they will show up take the kids and pets, and bulldoze everything on the lot. They do not fool around in the few states you can even legally live off the grid. Many states it is not even allowed in the USA. I cannot speak for other countries - but that is how it works here.
    > > >
    > > > ETA - Just to add I realize this is real life I am talking about and not the Sims - lol - and apparently in the Sims the impossible is always possible. I wish I could teleport - think how much we could save in fuel alone. LOL. Anyway - just want to clarify - this is not the 60's when people could do just about anything - it's not like that now a days. Believe me.
    > >
    > > lmao that's why I think the people who want to be able to camp on their lots are a little funny, because if they tried that in real life they'd be hauled off their own property by the city/regional department in charge of building codes. There was a survivalist type family who wanted to do that in the US and they nearly had their kids taken away.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Oh I know - as one who spent from April - December in my RV - I learned quickly we could only stay on our own land for two weeks in a fully contained 3 room and bath rv - with a bathroom shower and toilet, running water -Full kitchen - etc - they gave us grief from day one and made us move to a legit campground. We don't even have any kids with us - my kids are all grown - and just had one cat. They watch you like a hawk.
    >
    > Gotta love how you can buy something but not own it completely lmao I guess that's what keeps people from building shacks where they shouldn't be though.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Live out in the country. Nobody cares what you do.

I used to think of myself as a city person but you have no idea how badly I want a lakeside property in the middle of the woods and mountains these days. All I need is to be hooked up with good internet and I'm golden.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

The only state that lets you build on your land without getting a permit is Alaska. So if you buy a house in Alaska you should have it inspected to make sure it won't fall down in the near future.
    > @DragonAge_300905 said:
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > >
    > > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > > JUst so you all know that in real life living off the grid still has government regulations we have to follow - so showers with buckets and outhouses are not allowed. On actual lots for eco living the very first things you are required before any living quarters can be started is to install deep wells that connect with the water tables and put in a septic system or leech field. They are very fussy about placement and size of septics. Like they have to be 75 feet or more from the dwelling exits and each other - that means away from your dwelling and any other dwelling erected own your lot or on others lots - as well as away from animal quarters, grazing areas, and gardening of any kind. These systems have to be inspected and approved of by the town assessors and building inspector. Things like outhouses and outside bathing is not legal structures and the health department will not allow it. So living off the grid is not like camping or staying on a campground - it has many of the same rules and regulations of any house lot - with the one exception you do not have to be connected to town water and electricity.
    > > >
    > > > If you do not have the approved septic or leech field and the well - then you do not get to build any structure on the property or bring children and pets on that property to stay. Some people do try it - but sooner or later they will show up take the kids and pets, and bulldoze everything on the lot. They do not fool around in the few states you can even legally live off the grid. Many states it is not even allowed in the USA. I cannot speak for other countries - but that is how it works here.
    > > >
    > > > ETA - Just to add I realize this is real life I am talking about and not the Sims - lol - and apparently in the Sims the impossible is always possible. I wish I could teleport - think how much we could save in fuel alone. LOL. Anyway - just want to clarify - this is not the 60's when people could do just about anything - it's not like that now a days. Believe me.
    > >
    > > lmao that's why I think the people who want to be able to camp on their lots are a little funny, because if they tried that in real life they'd be hauled off their own property by the city/regional department in charge of building codes. There was a survivalist type family who wanted to do that in the US and they nearly had their kids taken away.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Oh I know - as one who spent from April - December in my RV - I learned quickly we could only stay on our own land for two weeks in a fully contained 3 room and bath rv - with a bathroom shower and toilet, running water -Full kitchen - etc - they gave us grief from day one and made us move to a legit campground. We don't even have any kids with us - my kids are all grown - and just had one cat. They watch you like a hawk.
    >
    > Gotta love how you can buy something but not own it completely lmao I guess that's what keeps people from building shacks where they shouldn't be though.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The only state that lets you build on your land without getting a permit is Alaska. So if you buy a house in Alaska you should have it inspected to make sure it won't fall down in the near future.

That's building. Rolling an RV on to the grass isn't building anything hahahahaha If its fine enough to live in on a camp ground it should be fine enough on your own property. Especially if you're not in the kind of neighborhood where all the properties are close together and you'd ruin everybody's property values by having nice house, nice house, nice house, RV in it.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > >
    > > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Live out in the country. Nobody cares what you do.

I used to think of myself as a city person but you have no idea how badly I want a lakeside property in the middle of the woods and mountains these days. All I need is to be hooked up with good internet and I'm golden.

Internet is tough depending on where you are. I have 20 acres in Alabama that is truely off-grid. We have a house a few miles away from the property. The Internet is terrible at the house and non-existent off-grid. But, that's where I go escape the city grind while living in Florida lol.

42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    I get, that Off the Grid might not win. But this wasn't meant to be a thread about the discussion which of the voting options is better or not.

Just what you think, would make Off the Grid fun and worthwile for you?
    The gameplay objects in the voting descriptions sound more like maintenance things and not something you would interact with a lot (except the waterpump), so I would like to see more daily Off the Grid items, like an Outdoor Bucket Shower. No matter how unrealistic it might be in the USA.
    edited June 2017
    Oh they care here. Game warden are everywhere. We're surrounded by forest . BUt no place is out of eye sight of the constant fire tower stations and small planes they have.

Oh I have super internet - but we pay through the nose for it. It cost us 240 dollars a month for it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    Candacis wrote: »
    I get, that Off the Grid might not win. But this wasn't meant to be a thread about the discussion which of the voting options is better or not.

The gameplay objects in the voting descriptions sound more like maintenance things and not something you would interact with a lot (except the waterpump), so I would like to see more daily Off the Grid items, like an Outdoor Bucket Shower. No matter how unrealistic it might be in the USA.

Exactly. The things mentioned had NO new gameplay - it was all moodlets and cleaning/repairing. The only new gameplay item was the water pump, which doesn't make sense without rain anyway. The Sims has never been about realism. If they are going to do this theme they should do some substantial gameplay like new ways to live.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

For sure. Government has their nose in your business 24/7.

At least in Maine is better than some states though - I have family in a state in the mid west who got arrested for collecting rain water and for building a windmill on their own property. That's how I found out you have to check every state and county to even see if you can legally go full ECO on your own property. Most shocking though is even some of the states that allow Eco friendly living - collecting rain water is illegal.

I live in a state that has laws favoring the landlords. Where I live, I rent the land my house is on. We have well water and a septic tank. I just finished, last month, refusing to sign a lease the owners were trying to force on us. In the lease they want us to pay for a water meter installation, cutting down the trees in our area, (not the lot our own house is on), ( I paid to cut down the trees on this lot when I moved here), fixing the road through our area, insure our pets as if we had a dangerous animal like a pitbull, (no dangerous animals allowed here already).

Until 6 months ago when they bought a generator, we would lose water when the power went out. In the winter we lose power at least once a month, we are not allowed solar panels on our homes.

Last winter it showed here, the city didn't plow the roads, so many people spent weeks in their homes without being able to leave. Our state taxes are higher than federal taxes because we pay for the city and federal workers' 100,000.00 a year retirement so they can travel around the world while they rob us blind in taxes.

So the point to this is I'm half eco where I live, but it isn't saving me any money.
    edited June 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    Candacis wrote: »

Exactly. The things mentioned had NO new gameplay - it was all moodlets and cleaning/repairing. The only new gameplay item was the water pump, which doesn't make sense without rain anyway. The Sims has never been about realism. If they are going to do this theme they should do some substantial gameplay like new ways to live.

What does rain have to do with a water pump? Wells have to be covered for one thing so it does not matter if it rains or not. Our wells fill up with water off the water table deep below the earth. The water pump pumps water from the well into the pipes inside of your house. Most wells are not those wishing well kind of things you see in the game - they are a very deep hole in the ground with flat cover on top. So flat you can mow right over them when you mow your lawn. The Pump is dropped down into the well with a long pipe attached to it and it connect at near the top of the well to under ground water pipes that go into your house. Unless you have issues with your pump - you neither see it or hear it. About every 10 years you replace the pump. It's not very big.

This is a well pump-

https://www.waterpumpsdirect.com/Red-Lion-RL12G10-2W2V-Water-Pump/p7579.html?gclid=COf8k8qn3NQCFQtMDQodWLgODA

In dreams - I LIVE!

Even desert areas that see hardly any rain have a water table XD Underground streams and aquifers are a wonderous thing. And in willow creek and other neighborhoods there is pleeeeenty of water around to soak in to the ground.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > >
    > > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The only state that lets you build on your land without getting a permit is Alaska. So if you buy a house in Alaska you should have it inspected to make sure it won't fall down in the near future.

That's building. Rolling an RV on to the grass isn't building anything hahahahaha If its fine enough to live in on a camp ground it should be fine enough on your own property. Especially if you're not in the kind of neighborhood where all the properties are close together and you'd ruin everybody's property values by having nice house, nice house, nice house, RV in it.

You'd still need to dig a well, sewer system, and provide electricity for the RV. And the zoning laws are how the government controls what you can build or place on your land.
    edited June 2017
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > >
    > > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You'd still need to dig a well, sewer system, and provide electricity for the RV. And the zoning laws are how the government controls what you can build or place on your land.

No you don't. The rv has built in holding tanks for septic that we have to drive it to a dumping station to empty. The water we do generally hook up to a water station in a camp site but we also have water tank built in to the camper. This camper costs more than a lot of people houses. Keep that in mind. Every camp ground has a dumpstation and it cleans out the tanks just like septic companies clean out you house septic system when it needs pumping. New Septic system now a day rarely needs pumping. But RVs need emptying every couple months.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x4cb2a380c49b9a8f:0x6948f4ed1430b0b2!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m13!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!3m1!7e115!4shttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=116097122244056635283&id=6366176782158285250&target=PHOTO!5s+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e3!2s-dEzxGF6KBwU/WFk0Dc3iScI/AAAAAAAAAMc/nCvgZmIXmUss0QqcxxUOVqVxIh1Xh7BuQCLIB

This is what I am talking about - I had my desk top pc set up in here even. It is not just a little shack. But the law says you cannot live in it in a stationary place and it needs to be moved every two weeks or put in a camp ground. Period. No matter how nice it is.

In dreams - I LIVE!

The obvious solution: Buy property you can have rezoned to a camp site, install any of the necessary things, actually rezone to a campsite, and then make it so super exclusive you're the only camper. Ever.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    >
    > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > >
    > > > @Writin_Reg said:
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

No you don't. The rv has built in holding tanks for septic that we have to drive it to a dumping station to empty. The water we do generally hook up to a water station in a camp site but we also have water tank built in to the camper. This camper costs more than a lot of people houses. Keep that in mind. Every camp ground has a dumpstation and it cleans out the tanks just like septic companies clean out you house septic system when it needs pumping. New Septic system now a day rarely needs pumping. But RVs need emptying every couple months.

I didn't know that about the water and septic tanks. What about electricity, how is that supplied to the RV?