Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bella Goth

I just noticed something I've somehow managed to overlook until now (probably because I haven't actually played the Goths in TS4) - at the start of TS4, Bella Goth is at the start of the Young Adult stage. Assuming a normal lifespan, that makes the age difference between her and Cassandra 13 days.

Now, a Sim who is 13 days old is a Child. Even regardless of lifespan, regardless of whether or not the toddler stage is included, the ONLY way for Bella and Cassandra to have the age difference they have (assuming aging is on and neither aged up early) is for Bella to have been a Child when Cassandra was born.

So what does this mean? It would appear that, shockingly, Bella is NOT Cassandra's biological mother!

Now, what about Alexander? Bella would have been a Teen when he was born. Since Teen pregnancy does not exist in TS4 (without mods), this would imply that Alexander also is not biologically her son.

Alexander's case is a bit trickier, however. In TS1, Bella was already an Adult (remember, no YA back then), yet Alexander had not yet been born - though this does not appear to be so much of an issue if we assume the Goth children were adopted, since it would imply TS1 was set before Alexander was adopted.

But then there's TS2. Both Cassandra and Alexander have memories of learning toddler skills from Bella, which suggests she raised them from a very young age, if not from birth. Now it would seem she did grow up to YA/Adult and have two children rather than adopting children who were too old to be biologically hers.

So what is up with the narrow age gap between her and her children in TS4? I blame the aliens.
Origin ID: foxx-fennec

Comments

• Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Premature birthday cake would do it, since it ages up a sim immediately.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Premature birthday cake would do it, since it ages up a sim immediately.

Yep - but it seems aging up both children to their present ages immediately after being born is the only way it could happen. It's possible, but just seems odd.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I actually posted about this ages ago on my personal tumblr ( http://samemie.tumblr.com/post/141871062834/okay-but-i-just-noticed-on-sims-4-that-mortimer-is ). Asides from what you said about the possibility that Bella isn't their biological mother, I'm more disturbed by the fact that if she is then she would have been incredibly young when they were born and Mortimer would have been an adult still... and I'm still not sure what to make of that. I can only hope it was an oversight or at least just wasn't thought about too hard when they were making the sims. I know Bella has always been quite a bit younger than Mortimer but surely it would've made more sense for her to be an adult and him an elder, much like it was in TS2?

Anyway I think I've rambled long enough it's just something I've thought about a lot and can't come up with a logical explanation that isn't super dark. :P
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I'm pretty sure in the default neighborhood in TS2 you can look in the goth album and see her noticeably pregnant. She is definitely their mother. They have already confirmed that TS4 is an alternative reality anyways and not really a timeline of the sims.
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I'm pretty sure in the default neighborhood in TS2 you can look in the goth album and see her noticeably pregnant. She is definitely their mother. They have already confirmed that TS4 is an alternative reality anyways and not really a timeline of the sims.

Even though it's an alternative timeline, the age thing just seems odd.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Age settings, Potion of Youth and Cowplant .. I think it's called Essence of Life might also have worked for her. There's always good old cheats too.
    I play with aging off in game.. my sims stay young adults normally and I age up their kids slowly. I usually quit at teen but I have had some sims whose children are the same age group as them. Might be weird but it's a legitimate way it can be played.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Recently, the lifespans were increased so it probably messed stuff up with the premades.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @MrMonty96 It was always this way even before the age spans were increased.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    It HAS been stated the the sims 4 universe/ timeline is separate from the rest of the series!
    Theory here

I always find the sims fascinating when it comes to where iconic sims are concerned!

Also check out this bella Machinima and the second one. Its honestly so well put together and i love the idea that this is bellas real story!!! It makes sense in the timeline of things including 4!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It's just an oversight from the people who created the Goths. They probably wanted Bella to be younger than Mortimer, so they made her a YA while Mortimer is an adult. In CAS, you can make a YA the parent of a teen sim anyway.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I also think it was an oversight, maybe they made Bella a young adult by accident. However, there always was an age difference between Mortimer and Bella, the only game where they were the same age were TS3, as much as I know.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I agree it's probably an oversight. Also, i'm not sure, but I think that when you create family in CAS from scratch with YA mother and teenager kid, there'll also be the same age gap at the begining of the game.
  • Options
    Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member
    I do think it was oversight, but I sorta wish they made the timeline correlate throughout the Sims, always found the Goth family interesting! And although I know this is way out there, was half hoping we'd get to witness Bella being abducted by aliens in the Sims 4 to confirm how she went missing! But that's just me and my love for a good storyline
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited June 2017
    maybe that is the story, in sims 2 didn't a dev confirm that the Bella in strange town wasn't technically the 'real' Bella, maybe the sims 4 Bella is that copy intended to feel the hole. Bella is hard to romance sometimes because she wants to stay faithful to Mortimer, or she's so desperate to be more than a copy that that fills the void...hmmm.

Actually I believe I misread that but that townie isn't supposed to have memories from pleasantview or however she is I haven't played in ST long enough to add her to the house and check. heh still she could be a copy in ts4 which would explain the age issue even if it is just an oversight from when she was created.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    :lol: I think you're over thinking the facts in a game. I mean, in Sims 3 Bella and Mortimer were BOTH at the Child stage, but In Sims 4 Bella is somehow JUST a Young Adult while Mortimer is all the way up to Adult... But I said to myself, lol eh, just a game, no need to over think it.

Besides, sims NEVER start in the midst of going from Young Adult to Adult; so with that in mind.. Also, you consider how (via cheats) Teen Sims can become preggo... Doesn't seem that strange. Could assume she started having children as a teen, and as the game story starts, even though she would be well on her way to Adult stage, she starts at 0 days till Adult cause no sim starts otherwise. Doesn't mean she's that young, just takes the average time for her to officially hit Adult.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I also think it was an oversight, maybe they made Bella a young adult by accident. However, there always was an age difference between Mortimer and Bella, the only game where they were the same age were TS3, as much as I know.

Yeah, but now go to other family
    Caliente family, Katrina is at start of Adult age and her daughters are at start of Young Adult
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

Caliente family, Katrina is at start of Adult age and her daughters are at start of Young Adult

Well, I think they were going for that Mother I'd Like to Woohoo With aesthetic with Katrina, seeing as how Don is surrounded by three potential romantic interests.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited June 2017
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    leo3487 wrote: »

Well, I think they were going for that Mother I'd Like to Woohoo With aesthetic with Katrina, seeing as how Don is surrounded by three potential romantic interests.

As I always said, Katrina had her daughters when she was teen (day 4 of teen as original lifespan, then Katrina 20 days older than her kids; day 1 of teen with toddlers patch, then Katrina 24 days older than her kids)
  • Options
    smokinhot214smokinhot214 Posts: 12 New Member
    an oddity indeed
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Bella is way too hot for Mortimer!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Bella is way too hot for Mortimer!

That happens in real life too, where one spouse is very handsome or beautiful, but their spouse the complete opposite. They do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I've always envisioned that Bella and Mortimer had a very close relationship. Age wasn't a factor. Mortimer came from "old" money, as exemplified by the large but run-down house they lived in with outdated furnishings.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    It makes for a great Sims story. You can have the two be Mortimer's biological children, but not Bella's.

Bella: Go to your room Cassandra. You're grounded.
    Cassandra: Leave me alone! You're not my mom!

All the possibilities you have if you used this theory. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)