Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    @jimjam1009

If you ever played as Sims 2 witches they had good, neutral, and bad witches. Each type had their own unique spells, and which ever type of spells you cast most frequently would determine which type you were. It was really in depth the way it was done. I feel if they went back to the Sims 2 style it would make the game much more immersive than just giving a general list of spells and every witch feeling generic and watered down like the Sims 3 version.
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    I had a great idea. How about having dragons as a special type of familiar for witches? There is a thread about bringing back the dragons into the game, and it might be worth a read to see if anyone has any interest in it, particularly for familiars or anything of the sort.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918732/pet-dragons-in-sim-4-please/p1
    cjose wrote: »
    I had a great idea. How about having dragons as a special type of familiar for witches? There is a thread about bringing back the dragons into the game, and it might be worth a read to see if anyone has any interest in it, particularly for familiars or anything of the sort.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918732/pet-dragons-in-sim-4-please/p1

Seems kinda random, not really sure what dragons have to do with witches, however if it could be used as a bad spell to (temporarily) summon one to eat a sim like the cowplant..maybe it could work.
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    [quote="Jerrello;c-15852212"]@jimjam1009

If you ever played as Sims 2 witches they had good, neutral, and bad witches. Each type had their own unique spells, and which ever type of spells you cast most frequently would determine which type you were. It was really in depth the way it was done. I feel if they went back to the Sims 2 style it would make the game much more immersive than just giving a general list of spells and every witch feeling generic and watered down like the Sims 3 version.[/quote]

No I played the sims 2, I just don't really like the idea of classifying witches. It's a personal thing I just don't like it. But honestly who cares, if it's in then I wouldn't love it, but I wouldn't care all that much either.
    jimjam1009 wrote: »
    Jerrello wrote: »
    @jimjam1009

If you ever played as Sims 2 witches they had good, neutral, and bad witches. Each type had their own unique spells, and which ever type of spells you cast most frequently would determine which type you were. It was really in depth the way it was done. I feel if they went back to the Sims 2 style it would make the game much more immersive than just giving a general list of spells and every witch feeling generic and watered down like the Sims 3 version.

No I played the sims 2, I just don't really like the idea of classifying witches. It's a personal thing I just don't like it. But honestly who cares, if it's in then I wouldn't love it, but I wouldn't care all that much either.

On the bright side, there's always Sims 3.
    [quote="Jerrello;c-15852367"][quote="jimjam1009;c-15852359"][quote="Jerrello;c-15852212"]@jimjam1009

If you ever played as Sims 2 witches they had good, neutral, and bad witches. Each type had their own unique spells, and which ever type of spells you cast most frequently would determine which type you were. It was really in depth the way it was done. I feel if they went back to the Sims 2 style it would make the game much more immersive than just giving a general list of spells and every witch feeling generic and watered down like the Sims 3 version.[/quote]

No I played the sims 2, I just don't really like the idea of classifying witches. It's a personal thing I just don't like it. But honestly who cares, if it's in then I wouldn't love it, but I wouldn't care all that much either.[/quote]

On the bright side, there's always Sims 3.[/quote]

Yeah and who know what they'll do with the sims 4
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    jimjam1009 wrote: »
    @jimjam1009

Right I just don't want to get notifications or see "++" "--" to "Alignments" every time He casts a curse or helps a sim out with a potion.
    or even find "Oh your sim is a good witch? well Dark Magic is off limits to Good Witches.

They should just make a Spell Book UI, And if they Decide to make it Like Strengths and Weaknesses.
    they Should design Chapters = Strengths
    you can use Magic Points to Unlock Chapters (Non-Linear, Meaning you can skip around, if you start on chapter 2 you can Jump to Chapter 10, if you have enough points/it will be difficult, but you can do it.)

As for weaknesses...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    i want witches to have alot to use their spells for and lots of trees for schools such and healing(curing disease or sickness and making a person healthier using spells that improve their hunger and bladder) Mental (Spells that allow them to to control a sims mental state) and destruction which can set a house on fire

witches will need to do more than just learn a ceratin magic skill to obtain all the spells like collecting ingrediants for potions and do research on the spell.
    Good witches and bad witches wil have special interactions with these spells a good witch can make a person love another while a bad witch can make a sim despise them and want to hurt them.

i also think witches should get a few more spells with some EPs so that hen genies comeback witches can try to gain their powers and become even more powerful
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    @jimjam1009

Although I did like ts3 witches and the somewhat related alchemy skills, I do vaguely remember ts2 witches and thought that they had a lot going on for them. They used to turn green if evil. Right? It'd be fun if there were schools of magic that witches could attend and specialize in... a bit like a Hogwarts.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    adityaraj wrote: »
    didn't much care for them in the sims 3....to be honest.
    hope the one's in the sims 4 are more exciting....i guess i am in a minority but i actually preferred the witches back in the sims 2 . i liked the designation of good , evil and neutral witch and all that stuff...... :mrgreen:

I never played the witches in Sims 2! That sounds so cool that you could designate good, evil, and neutral! The witches in Sims 3 are very underwhelming to me. I hope we get a very detailed witch pack that adds a ton to the witch life state!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I do not want my witches "classified as GOOD, BAD or especially, NEUTRAL. I do not and will not allow a spell to determine my witches personality. All spells, regardless of their outcome, should just be a tool for my sim witch to use to further their goals. Any Potter fan will tell you that Molly Weasley is, without a doubt, the epitome of a good witch, yet she used magic to kill Bellatrix to save her daughter. Did that make her evil, partly evil or just evil on the edges? No. Molly was, is and always will be, a good witch. We do not need spells to come in shades to make them powerful.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I do not want my witches "classified as GOOD, BAD or especially, NEUTRAL. I do not and will not allow a spell to determine my witches personality. All spells, regardless of their outcome, should just be a tool for my sim witch to use to further their goals. Any Potter fan will tell you that Molly Weasley is, without a doubt, the epitome of a good witch, yet she used magic to kill Bellatrix to save her daughter. Did that make her evil, partly evil or just evil on the edges? No. Molly was, is and always will be, a good witch. We do not need spells to come in shades to make them powerful.

Agreed ! (Great example btw) It's always bother me to no end that if my good witch wanted to curse a bad witch or her enemy she has to become an evil witch first, then going back to be a good witch because she uses "good" spell.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I certainly do not want a repeat of sims 3 witches. Why do you think the 3rd iteration got so much backlash?, all the supernaturals were very limited. With the sims 2 version each class of witch got an entire list of spells, where with sims 3 we got a generic mix of spells that barely had any impact on the game play. At least this way we get much more variety than the minimal list we got in sims 3 version.

@lulubadwolf In the sims 2 you had to continuously use a certain class of spells to change, not just cast a good spell now you're a good witch, cast neutral spell and now you're a neutral witch and so forth. It didn't work like that it wouldn't for the version I had in mind. I want different types of witches that feel different, play different, impact the world different not some generic one size fits all type of game play.

Btw, it appears with the Sims 4 witches they seem to be ditching using magic wands and now using brooms to cast spells according to a survey that surfaced earlier this year. Hmm, interesting. That could be a good sign being that humans had access to a witches broom in sims 3 which was very ironic, and pointless. I really hope they give the witches their own world, so each supernatural has a getaway, especially for simmers who want to isolate supernaturals from rest of society.

Link to the survey:
    https://simsvip.com/2017/02/23/sims-4-yet-another-survey-surfaced/
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I, too, was very disappointed with the Twilight vampires of S3. However, after being so pleased with the way they handled vampires, I have great confidence that I will be equally as pleased with witches, which ever direction they choose.
  • AugustoAugusto Posts: 29 Member
    I wish the witches could use all sorts of magic (good, neutral and evil) and that they had a karma meter, so if the witch used many good spells, they would gain some good moodlet for some time and if they use evil spells they can get bad moodlet (getting green or increasing the chance of a spell going wrong) for a while.

I like the idea of familiar animals can be different animals like frogs or birds

I also want magic duels and that it is two types: a friendly and a bad one (loser is frozen or something)

And last but not least, I want a lots of type spells like in The Sims 2, in sims 3 they practically took out the spells and turned into alchemy and alchemy anyone could do (I did not like that much)
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    > @Jerrello said:
    In the sims 2 you had to continuously use a certain class of spells to change, not just cast a good spell now you're a good witch, cast neutral spell and now you're a neutral witch and so forth. It didn't work like that it wouldn't for the version I had in mind. I want different types of witches that feel different, play different, impact the world different not some generic one size fits all type of game play.
    >

I didn't like this either. This is why I'm convinced that for witches we need a trait and skill system very similar to the vampire's. This way we could design witches how we like them. But as the developers made such a good job regarding the Vampires GP, I'm very optimistic that they will make the best of witches too.

WHAT I WANT FOR WITCHES:

- skills: sorcery (casting spells), brewing potions (something like magical recipes)
    - a new world: I don't have any specific stylistic ideas yet, but it should feel "magical"
    - new lot traits: something like "witches' meeting place" and "non-magical sims not allowed"
    - combinations with other add-ons: If you have Pets you can summon a magical pet (like in Sims 2)
    - witches should be able to duel each other
    - new aspirations and traits: for example "being the most powerful witch/wizard", "being a good/bad witch/wizard" that could also be linked to already existing aspirations, like "knowledge", "family" and so on

I'm so looking forward to such a GP and I'm sure that we will get it soon.
  • smokinhot214smokinhot214 Posts: 12 New Member
    scary stuff
  • ChrisLLR2831ChrisLLR2831 Posts: 74 Member
    Of all supernatural lifestates, Vampires and Witches are the two most exciting lifestates, EVAR!
  • ChrisLLR2831ChrisLLR2831 Posts: 74 Member
    Also, I noticed that with the vampire packs they included a very familiar style of vampire. Anyone ever watch Buffy or Angel?

So with witches, I think they need to include the Charmed theme. By that I mean, have their magic.
    Also, I noticed that with the vampire packs they included a very familiar style of vampire. Anyone ever watch Buffy or Angel?

So with witches, I think they need to include the Charmed theme. By that I mean, have their magic.

They took a little than from Buffy. The also had inspiration from the vampire diaries, true blood, interview with a vampire, etc. So they might have some aspects from charmed but it won't be the whole pack
  • natty0716natty0716 Posts: 5 New Member
    that would be so cool! I was thinking that there should also be like a family legacy and as they become older and they are a powerful witch they can get the chance to become an elder of their coven, but this would be like a fight between the most powerful witches in their town and who ever won would become an elder and be the most powerful witch in their town
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    @natty0716 I like that too. I would like it even more if they got challenged for their spot in the coven sometimes though. It would keep things interesting.
  • amarnthusamarnthus Posts: 9 New Member
    <quote>>adityaraj said:
    >didn't much care for them in the sims 3....to be honest.
    >hope the one's in the sims 4 are more exciting....i guess i am in a minority but i actually preferred the witches back in the sims 2 . i liked the designation of good , evil and neutral witch and all that stuff...... :mrgreen:

<quote>> @ewarren88 said:
    >...
    > 1. Bad witches are definitely not good witches. Meaning I would like to see more spell division and even appearance choices available solely on your sims choice of good vs. evil and not just useless silly stuff like conjuring poison apples. I thought that was cool in S3 for like ten seconds until my sim wouldn't stop doing it. Of course there should be joint spells both sides can learn (utility spells and such for cleaning, cooking, and other ordinary stuff witches can't be bothered to do themselves)
    >...

While I remember being frustrated in Sims 2 by the fact that I couldn't use all the spells possible at any given time, I do think it'd be super cool if we get cool individualized abilities and aesthetics depending on a witch's personality and/or magic use.

It could work like Vampire Ranks in the Vampires game pack where you have to practice certain types of magic to gain abilities like Shapeshifter (easier to change form), Matchmaker (easier to change relationships), Witch Doctor (easier to heal or affect elements), Magic Scholar (gain skill quicker), etc.

And/or it could work like Character Values in Parenthood where you have a bar value with two end points (Good Witch vs. Evil Witch) and certain actions will bring that value closer to an alignment.

Or you have an opportunity/chance card where the Good Witch Coven or Evil Witch Coven is recruiting and you need to fulfill a list of activities in order to join one (Curse 5 Sims/Charm 5 Sims, etc.). Then you get that alignment unlocked and the snazzy outfit and cool abilities to go with it (and you can ascend the ranks and overthrow the High Witch in a duel and become the High Witch yourself :no_mouth: )

Anywho I really like witches and want them to come back (because I love maxing skills and having my sims learn/become/do everything)
    > @natty0716 said:
    > that would be so cool! I was thinking that there should also be like a family legacy and as they become older and they are a powerful witch they can get the chance to become an elder of their coven, but this would be like a fight between the most powerful witches in their town and who ever won would become an elder and be the most powerful witch in their town

That would be fantastic! Bringing dueling back from Makin' Magic (thanks you @simsfan95173 for those pics!) would be awesome, and make a lot of sense (even if you can't control what they do in the duel, it's just skill level and chance).
    > @Kuroi said:
    > > @Jerrello said:
    > In the sims 2 you had to continuously use a certain class of spells to change, not just cast a good spell now you're a good witch, cast neutral spell and now you're a neutral witch and so forth. It didn't work like that it wouldn't for the version I had in mind. I want different types of witches that feel different, play different, impact the world different not some generic one size fits all type of game play.
    > >
    >
    > I didn't like this either. This is why I'm convinced that for witches we need a trait and skill system very similar to the vampire's. This way we could design witches how we like them. But as the developers made such a good job regarding the Vampires GP, I'm very optimistic that they will make the best of witches too.
    >
    > WHAT I WANT FOR WITCHES:
    >
    > - skills: sorcery (casting spells), brewing potions (something like magical recipes)
    > - a new world: I don't have any specific stylistic ideas yet, but it should feel "magical"
    > - new lot traits: something like "witches' meeting place" and "non-magical sims not allowed"
    > - combinations with other add-ons: If you have Pets you can summon a magical pet (like in Sims 2)
    > - witches should be able to duel each other
    > - new aspirations and traits: for example "being the most powerful witch/wizard", "being a good/bad witch/wizard" that could also be linked to already existing aspirations, like "knowledge", "family" and so on
    >
    > I'm so looking forward to such a GP and I'm sure that we will get it soon.
    > </quote>

YES! Add the ability to make covens if you have GT and this is exactly what I want to see too!