Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can toddlers sleep in tents yet?

I just got outdoor retreat and thought about having a family live quite rustically, but if tots can't sleep in tents that may put a damper on the plans. Can they?

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    It is savage that toddlers cannot sleep in tents because a toddler would love to sleep in a tent.

• Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    They can't. I've retrofitted most of my cabins to have toddler beds somewhere. Also the toddler toilet, though you can always just have them use a diaper.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    It is savage that toddlers cannot sleep in tents because a toddler would love to sleep in a tent.

I don't think you know what savage means
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    (of something bad or negative) very great; severe.
    "the decision was a savage blow for the town"
  • Options
    BlueIsOlieBlueIsOlie Posts: 14 New Member
    Bumping this thread seeing as it's the most recent one concerning toddlers and Outdoor Retreat...
    So I gather from the OP that toddlers *can* actually visit the camp but just can't sleep in tents? (I do not own this GP yet, btw).
    Also, they can't visit a restaurant? I'm going to have to say if that's true, that is also savage and downright criminal. I was hoping to have Chuck E. Cheese birthdays for the toddlers.
    I'm hoping in the future they provide us with a game update to allow toddlers to enjoy content from previous GP's.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I don't think the Dine Out pack came with a high chair or booster seat for toddlers. Too bad.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I don't think the Dine Out pack came with a high chair or booster seat for toddlers. Too bad.

There is high chairs. @Nik24X7 do they not work?
  • Options

Yes, there were high chairs patched into the game when we got Toddlers, but what I meant to say is that Dine Out doesn't have a feature wherein your waiter will bring a high chair to your table or booth. You'd have to edit the restaurant and place it yourself.

• Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

Yes, there were high chairs patched into the game when we got Toddlers, but what I meant to say is that Dine Out doesn't have a feature wherein your waiter will bring a high chair to your table or booth. You'd have to edit the restaurant and place it yourself.

Huh. Can they sit in tables or booths?
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    That's just terrible, all of it. D: I can't believe they didn't see ahead, or plan, for adding in toddlers to previous packs. I'm really disappointed I can't take them to restaurants.
  • Options

Huh. Can they sit in tables or booths?
    I haven't tried it since the latest patch, but you can't even choose to bring a toddler to a restaurant, just like babies.

• Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    A workaround that someone suggested to me (i was also super sad about this) is to put highchairs at some/all of the tables when you build or place a restaurant, take your sim family to the restaurant and the toddler will automatically be sent to daycare, click the toddler and select "bring here" then have the family get a table and then have someone put the toddler in the highchair and serve them food. Theyll sit at the table with the family & eat with them even though theyre not technically part of the "group" and their food cant be ordered through the menu. Thats what i do because it is the closest thing to feeling like the toddler can come with. Im always hopeful that they will patch it in!
  • Options
    BlueIsOlieBlueIsOlie Posts: 14 New Member
    @notetoself00x
    That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing it. I'll try it next time.
    I hope the team can one day patch it up in a future update.
  • Options
    smokinhot214smokinhot214 Posts: 12 New Member
    was wondering this myself