Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• LCG2003LCG2003 Posts: 2 New Member
    i absolutely hate this game and am quitting the sims games if they don't make an improvement on the next game
    things i hate:
    -the graphics look like this game was made in 2004, sims look like they were made from yogurt or mud, highly unrealistic I would like to see a graphics setting to make it look more realistic
    -everything in this game is so childish and nothing like a 'life simulation' maybe add more details and not make it so childish
    -very few furniture and appliances, decorations,.etc
    -hair and eyes look ugly as hell eyes look like a plastic toy and hair looks like dirty chunks of poop why not make them look like these custom content eyes hairs and eyebrows
    -days are very short
    -game is very repetitive (go to work, eat food, sleep till next day, go to work again)
    -animations are also highly unrealistic, maybe add an under 13years old option for kids playing this game and don't want to see anything not childish enough
    -not many jobs especially those where you can join them to work, also, again the doctor career is unrealistic when it comes to surgery..and overall plain, not many features for a DLC
    -not many important DLC's and ep's I would love to see a weather and pets DLC the city living and toddlers and parenthood were a nice touch though.

sorry if i sound aggressive but am just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with how much they went back with this game its like they just took Sims 3 stripped it from it's features and ep's and launched it after few years
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    LCG2003 wrote: »
    i absolutely hate this game...

There was a Sims 3 advert that said "what would happen if you'd spent years stuck in a box, and suddenly it was opened..." now they know what happens when you put someone back in that box and how mad they get! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbMxqJTx6M
  • HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Love the Sims 4, thanks for all your effort in putting out the games and packs. Anyone who doesn't love it is free to go back to Sims 3.
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy
    I did already. It wasn't made for a 30" screen...
    The gameplay was better though... never felt 'out of control' playing TS3.
  • nadim123nadim123 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is what someone said and I would like to share it for her.

I don't like the new stuff pack at all!!

The new items are
    - one huge climbing wall that I'll never use on a private lot because it'll look out of place even in a fitness room
    - a pair of earbuds (still not sure what they actually do)
    - some furniture that looks like it came from Spa Day (pretty, but not worth 10 bucks for me)
    - some fitness clothing that I absolutely don't need
    - the option to work out in front of your tv which could've simply be patched in

Don't get me wrong. If some of you guys enjoy this pack then it's fine. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone.
    But personally I think it's such a waste of time and resources once again. Why did they create this pack? For a climbing wall? Why not use their time and resources for packs that actually contain content that entertains you for more than an hour.

I know I sound incredibly salty, but every time a new pack gets announced I think "Maybe this time it'll be something interesting!", but most of the time I'm just so disappointed. And I don't like stuff packs anyway, so I get even more frustrated
  • thewritegiftthewritegift Posts: 1 New Member
    I love the parenthood edition. What I would like to see that Sims 4 seems to lack is a bit more diversity more specifically as an original player of the Sims games it seems there is never enough African American features in create a sim specifically hairstyles (fades, braids, waves, parts, box hair cuts) it seems the players of color are forgotten in this game. Seriously, we got vampires before finishing the options for sims of color. In addition, I noticed that the sims that show up in the neighborhood that aren't created by the player are hardly ever black and I end up having to make them myself but it seems kind of strange that in a sim hour I could be at the bar and see 5 or 6 white sims show up or more before I see one black one or if my sim is home it is obvious his neighborhood is not inclusive of all sim types. I'd be so excited to see the game that I love evolve in this way. I'd like to see sims grow hair and go through a personal grooming process or even to a barber...chest hair would be super cool.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I would like to see the adult sims potty train themselves after they potty train the toddlers, so they can stop wetting the floor.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    > @nadim123 said:
    > This is what someone said and I would like to share it for her.
    >
    > I don't like the new stuff pack at all!!
    >
    > The new items are
    > - one huge climbing wall that I'll never use on a private lot because it'll look out of place even in a fitness room
    > - a pair of earbuds (still not sure what they actually do)
    > - some furniture that looks like it came from Spa Day (pretty, but not worth 10 bucks for me)
    > - some fitness clothing that I absolutely don't need
    > - the option to work out in front of your tv which could've simply be patched in
    >
    > Don't get me wrong. If some of you guys enjoy this pack then it's fine. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone.
    > But personally I think it's such a waste of time and resources once again. Why did they create this pack? For a climbing wall? Why not use their time and resources for packs that actually contain content that entertains you for more than an hour.
    >
    > I know I sound incredibly salty, but every time a new pack gets announced I think "Maybe this time it'll be something interesting!", but most of the time I'm just so disappointed. And I don't like stuff packs anyway, so I get even more frustrated

lol not sure if I should laugh at what you said or feel sorry I paid for it too, and I think it's just a treadmill. I have not looked at it but I did try the furniture that table set is too big lol. and we already have that top in a different texture, lol and the pony looks like the side braid lol. I am sure they are laughing at us for buying it haha
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    > @HappyHaunt1000 said:
    > Love the Sims 4, thanks for all your effort in putting out the games and packs. Anyone who doesn't love it is free to go back to Sims 3.

What are you doing here? Pets,....... has not been released yet. so go back to 3 and wait your turn. lol

nice puppy
  • porcelainusagiporcelainusagi Posts: 2 New Member
    Don't love: lack of options for roofs and stairs (NEED curved and spiral stairs). That is the biggest thing. Fix the lack of building options and things will be significantly better.
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    Yep more building options.. Where did the diving boards go? Just odd to not be in the game.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    @LCG2003

I don't think your post is considered constructive feedback. If you hate everything about this game then the best thing to do is move on.

It's so interesting how differently people view things. In my opinion the graphics in sims 4 are up to date and very pleasing to the eye.The color is vibrant and the worlds look inviting. The sims are also better looking than sims 3 and 2, without having to use CC.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @LCG2003

I don't think your post is considered constructive feedback. If you hate everything about this game then the best thing to do is move on.

It's so interesting how differently people view things. In my opinion the graphics in sims 4 are up to date and very pleasing to the eye.The color is vibrant and the worlds look inviting. The sims are also better looking than sims 3 and 2, without having to use CC.
    But is everything just about the look? If so why don't we just look at nice pictures or watch a beautiful movie instead?

For me the graphics doesn't matter very much because I don't play games just to look at nice pictures or nice cartoon-like videos. I want interesting gameplay instead (or I would watch TV or Netflix instead). But the gameplay in TS4 seems to me to have been dumped down just to make multitasking possible without increasing the minimum requirements for the game. I like the ideas about the Sims games being life simulations. But not the primitive gameplay which has become more and more easy, trivial and even more targeted at 13 yrs old newcomers to gaming for each version of the game.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    @Erpe Okay. But I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to a comment about the graphics . Graphics do matter , I can't play Ts2 because I don't like the graphics anymore. It was passable in 2004 but now, I can't immerse myself into the gameplay.

And I already have a pretty long thread about the gameplay and my criticism of it .
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @Erpe Okay. But I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to a comment about the graphics . Graphics do matter , I can't play Ts2 because I don't like the graphics anymore. It was passable in 2004 but now, I can't immerse myself into the gameplay.

And I already have a pretty long thread about the gameplay and my criticism of it .
    Okay. Graphics just doesn't matter very much to me and EA never attempted to make the sims look very well anyway. Many of the sims have instead always been meant to look just a little funny or even ugly in a funny way ;)

I can still play TS1 (even though I usually don't do it) and other games with equally outdated graphics. And I even prefer such games much over nice looking games with a boring gameplay.

But maybe that is just me because I have never understood why simmers pay real money for just a piece of furniture with a little different look. I was interested in the gameplay. But other simmers instead have been builders who mainly just wanted to build and decorate houses (maybe because they couldn't afford to do the same in their real lives but just dreamt a lot about it anyway?).
  • Daughter_of_EveDaughter_of_Eve Posts: 48 New Member
    So, I really would LOVE to have more autonomy for the NPC's. I usually start with female characters and sometimes, I'd like the man to propose! They already call and ask out on dates, why can't they just get down on one knee and propose to the lady! Then a prompt could show asking the player the answer: Yes, no, ask again later (or whatever). I'm looking for a mod now that can do it, but I'd prefer NOT to use one....
  • GIR101GIR101 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="SimGuruHydra;d-776344"]Happy The Sims 4 Launch week!

For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.

Share:
    [list]
    [*] What you liked
    [*] What you didn't like
    [*] Suggestions?
    [*] Overall thoughts?
    [/list]

If you are experiencing issues, they are best posted here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Or here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/775749/sims-4-base-game-bug-thread-please-read-the-first-post-before-posting#latest[/quote]

Ok, what I liked is build/buy being seamless and all the new abilities in that, I also like the gender fluidity makes for more interesting outcomes. And saving is much faster. There's a few other things like going to the store in the game is a little more seamless as well.

What I don't like is that it feels much emptier than sims 3. I feel a lot was taken away from me, for example
    1) the biggest one being the color wheel and customization of everything.

2)I also hate the fact that the world's aren't open world anymore and I now have to sit through loading screens (it makes me hate leaving the house).

3)I feel it's empty in that once I complete a skill, I'm done with it. Nothing more to to so what's the point in doing a lot of skills once they're mastered. Sims 3 had challenges once the skill was complete to further yourself and THAT is a big chunk of what made it fun.

4)And how many years has it been out now? At least 3 or 4 and there's still no pets, other super naturals (outside of vampire, plant sim, alien and ghost I guess but you know what I mean).

5)WHY CAN'T I MAKE MY OWN APARTMENT???? I have city living and I think cool I can make an apartment now and put my kids in it it'll be great, but noooooooooo I spend like almost 12 hours total making this perfect apartment, which I didn't even finish, all because I CAN'T MAKE MY OWN APARTMENT! What the actual heck?!? So not only was all of that a waste but the whole reason I got city living was to make my own apartment so now I also feel buying that was a waste.

6)I also hate that you have to be at the store/restaurant in order to run it, why can't I hire a manager to do that for me? I would like to have both but it's kinda impossible if I have to be at both freaking places doesn't it?

7)Also there are far too few aspiration rewards! One of my sims already bought them all as a younge adult and so now what?? It feels so pointless now.

8)Also I liked how in sims 3 the plants grew better in quality on their own. I didn't have to evolve them, INDIVIDUALLY might I add.

Suggestions for these things
    1) color wheel, I understand not everyone's computer can handle that much customization, but why not let it be an option you can turn on or off, if you have custom colors set and turn the option off it just resets all the color changes to the preset options.

2) just simply make it open world. I don't think there would be a simple way to make that an option thing for the players so why not make it open world again? You guys were ahead of the times with sims 3 being open world. Almost 'll games coming out now are open world, so why would you go back to loading screens? It makes no sense.

3)have an update for skills giving us challenges for skills like in sims 3, like how they had the money maker challenge in the guitar skill where you had to earn $25,000 in tips playing the guitar, tgat makes it dun and well, challenging, maybe have an update to bring something like it back.

4) well this is also a simple fix, stop wasting time with stuff packs and come out with more expansions or game packs, whatever, we need the other supernaturals, pets and all the other amazing things like university. OOOOOH maybe with supernaturals you guys could really have fun with intermixing if supernatural types. Like when a witch and a fairy or alien or something have a kid the kid is either fully one of the two or a mix and has a random chance at half if the powers for each. Or something like that, it would really make the game interesting. It could be a chain just like that even, if you have two half breeds and they have kids the kids have a random chance of being two of the four supernatural types their parents have and get half of the abilities for each. It wouldn't be that difficult to implement and it would be really amazingly fun!

5) also am easy fix, just update the game so I can make apartments, you could in sims 2 and 3 so why no 4?

6) maybe have an update to allow a manager to be hired to have the place be ran when you're away at least part of the time.

7)again more aspiration rewards would be very nice and add some reason to keep playing. Wouldn't be that difficult to implement either

8)maybe when you master the gardening skill you can just choose an option for "evolve all" so that way I don't have to click on each one individually and waste time.

Honestly though i just hope that when other super naturals come that the mixing of types is a lot better than any of the past games I feel like it would really make for an incredible game that way if types could be mixed and powers randomized. It would make for a really diverse community and amazing game play

Please I beg of you, there is serious opportunity to make this game the best ever and I really hope this gets to someone who can make it happen or at least put this in their minds as something to really think about. PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEASE. I can't keep buying sims 4 hoping for something good only to end up going back to playing sims 3
    Some of you have expressed it so much better then I could... :)
    My choice is being written out of the system. I'm just following whims and orders.
    Who cares if I wanted to create a pizza eating, TV loving, gregarious sim? The first thing he does is start making salads, going jogging and learning to sing...
    edited June 2017
    I started a party, and one of the orders was that I made 8 drinks...
    I buy a bar, and start to learn mixology...
    The next party I throw demands that I bake a cake...
    I buy a cooker and start to learn cooking...
    The next party demands that I flirt with 5 people and kiss 5 times...

This is just the worst kind of OCD that makes every sim look and act the same way, all the time. It becomes less about building a network of friends on your [welded on] mobile phone. Learning who is the best cook in the neighbourhood, befriending them and getting them to attend your party, to make it rock! You can just make salads until all your sims are master chefs...

... and then multiply this by every skill in the game. :(

What is killing this, quite good game, is the lack of control I continuously feel.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    fuffydevil wrote: »
    jonesboy22 wrote: »
    @StickmanArmy2019
    When you realise genealogy had to be patched in. In a life simulation game. Not any life simulation game. The biggest life simulation franchise there is AND it's FOURTH instalment. Not to mention it was there by default and better in previous games. That's when you realise this isn't going well.

THANK YOU. Someone understands my pain :'(:(

@SimTrippy Hmmmm, true some of it IS there, I suppose what I'm talking about is married in family. I'd like for them to recognize in-laws, cousins, aunts and uncles, things like that. :/ I know with the regular family dynamic it does but married in family takes the back burner. (Unless I'm crazy and didn't notice a patch in for it??)
    When you say "small relationship panel", yeah that's what I'm talking about! The different relationships aren't told there! And in the genealogy, most aren't.

The game recognizes cousins, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, and the like. You hover over them when they are talking or your relationship panel and it shows that relationship. They are also shown in the family tree.
  • QuiroisQuirois Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't really know if this fits into this thread. If not, could someone tell me where it is supposed to be?

I wanted to make a vampire themed restaurant and recognised something: Because I wanted the restaurant run by vampires I turned everyone working there into such. Suddenly they don't work anymore but are still listed as cook, etc.
    After that I recognised something similar: Any colleague in medicine career I turn into a vampire doesn't work anymore but is still considered as colleague. I guess its the same with police and science careers.
    I had to fire my whole max skill restaurant employees because of this.
    Additionally vampires are also listed as potential employees but dont appear if I choose them.
    Is it supposed to be like this or can this be fixed?
  • aud_limhingaud_limhing Posts: 53 Member
    Was wondering if there was anyway to retire the butlers for the evening. I remember we used to be able to do something similar in the sims 3, but now the butler kind of just walks around and stands in the room and watches your sims sleep. It's kind of creepy. I hope this is an option soon.
  • JesterHatJolteonJesterHatJolteon Posts: 13 New Member
    My most immediate complaint at the moment is the easiest thing ever: Why do sims take so flipping long to to eat?

I'm sure you've all encountered this, a sim, especially an uncomfortable one, will take forever just to EAT. They'll take a really slow, leisurely bite, and then sit there for a potentially long period of time doing nothing. This is especially annoying when the cause of the discomfort IS hunger. Me? I'd dig in.

I just did a test: My Sim started eating, picked up the spoon to take the first bite as 12:02, and by about 12:34 they finally ate the last bite.. Of a bowl of cereal. One which I could eat in RL in 10 minutes, and that's going slow.

Also, tap water can spoil. That makes no sense.
    If you leave tap water out it will spoil... it becomes more than water! You'd not want to drink it... it doesn't take half an hour though. :)
    Perhaps it has a fly in it. :)
  • LizzyX4LizzyX4 Posts: 69 Member
    What you liked: I like a lot.
    -I like all the slider options for creating my Sims (even though I'm not good at it yet).
    -I like the many different, diverse hairstyle options.
    -I like the gender selecting options, the voice and walk options, and the option to share clothes, accessories, and hairstyles between genders.
    -The sims look cute and slightly cartoony, and I like that.
    -The new build options are great. Plunking down completed rooms or moving whole rooms without demolishing a house is great.
    -Get To Work was the real game changer for me; I couldn't play the base game at all. The police detective career is the most fun. And I love the option of sending them on their own and staying with another sim at home.
    -You can hire vegetarian caterers and I think that's awesome. My 6 person household with 1 vegetarian always default to making vege meals for the group and I think that is cute.
    -I like all the different skills.

What you didn't like:
    -I miss create a style. I will always miss create a style.
    -I can't stand that teens are almost indistinguishable from young adults. I get that some teens irl can be tall or look more mature than others, but they don't look like kids. It's sad.
    -I want my sims to interact more based on the personality I give them versus how the game wants sims to interact with the world. I like the mood system, but I want it to make sense to my particular sim (if it does, I have not noticed yet).
    -I want to be able to have shy and introverted sims, and more diverse, complex personalities.
    -I wish most of the clothes didn't come with one really annoying fashion bit that I don't like. Why is that shirt not buttoned correctly? Why is there a strange seem on that skirt? Why is there one weird patch on the leg? There should be plain options for the less fashionably adventurous sim.

Suggestions?
    -If we can't get create a style, can we get a more universal color palette to share among the furniture and build items? I want those couches to match! :)
    -More personality traits.
    -Bicycles. I miss them.
    -Upright pianos or keyboards. Not everyone wants a baby grand. :)
    -There needs to be a beard option that is somewhere between 2 days growth and mountain man. :)

Overall thoughts?
    -Overall, I love the Sims. I've purchased every game sims the original, and I will probably continue. Yes, there are things about the prior games I miss (The Superstar career, the original karaoke animations, making magic, the fixable cars in Sims 2, sewing and crafting and clothes/grocery shopping from Sims2, solar panels, Create a style and open world), but each new game gives me stuff I like just as much.

I'm sure there is more that I love and not-so-love, but this was on the top of my head. :)