Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAK: Pets render, box art and release date?

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
Post edited by jackjack_k on

Comments

• Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'm thinking it's either fake or a placeholder Image. I'm pretty sure pets is coming this year anyway, but it's exciting to get a look at what animals could look like. :)
  • Options
    I'm thinking it's either fake or a placeholder Image. I'm pretty sure pets is coming this year anyway, but it's exciting to get a look at what animals could look like. :)

The cover definitely looks placeholder-ish/fake.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey if we get a Hip hop and R&B stations without a Country radio station, we wouldn't be able to get horses!
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think it's fake because of the clothing. If it were real it would be logical for the sims to appear in clothes from the pack. I do hope the pets will look something like that though, love the grumpy cat!
    Post edited by Hannie on
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I think the pets look great, hopefully they look good like that, but who knows if it's real or not. It does look like a real render!
  • Options
    SimlysabinaSimlysabina Posts: 20 Member
    Hmm. Could it be part of the quarterly teaser that's coming?
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Seems like the image is maybe real but the box art isn't...? They usually like to show off new outfits/hairstyles on 3 sims on the cover (for EPs) but those sims are wearing base game assets. Cool render though!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The render makes me want to have two dogs and two cats now.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Looks good, but definitely a fake or placeholder image.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I dunno but those dogs are adorable
    so i hope the image is at least real :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I find it really odd that they're wearing clothes that already are in the game.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think they look great. Kind of like that toddler picture we got way early on. Maybe not the final product but.. I wouldn't be surprised if we get that kind of look and variety for dogs and cats and more. Even if it's a fake the art style looks like it fits.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The pets look like they have emotions.. grumpy cat... the other one looks anxious or something. The two dogs look happy, one looks playful. Aww man, I don't even usually like pets in these games. I shouldn't have looked. I shouldn't have looked....
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    Considering that they used some assets from other packs(the females pants are in Get Together) and no new clothing or furniture is being used, I doubt its real. I neeeeeed them to look like that though
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    That website also lists Sims 4 for Xbox One and PS4 with an 11/17 release date

https://www.film-game.cz/?q=sims+4
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yah, I think it's a placeholder cuz the clothes and loveseat are already in the game. But the pets look adorable!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I think the render is a placeholder, but does showcase TS4's pets. The pets themselves look a bit similar to TS3, but it looks like the dog on the left has an entirely new texture which is very noticeable, and matches TS4's art style.

The cover looks like a bad mockup based on the render.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It's definitely not the one that will be used for the game. I can tell that just based on the old clothes they chose to use on the cover.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Definitely fake.

- the cat is cut off and might as well shouldn't be there
    - The EA logo is cut off slightly
    - There are no new CAS and in fact is has CAS from other packs
    - The logo looks nothing like the ones we got for every other pack.
    - The color looks too similar to Game Packs
    - The colors look very grayed out while every other artwork is very vibrant.

The image could be real, but this cover looks fan made.
  • Options
    Guys this IS FAKE!!!!!

You can see the logo of the creator on the couch!!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    No reason for "filmgame" to sneak in its logo twice in such a way that it's somewhat hidden.

It's gotta be a place holder <3
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    No reason for "filmgame" to sneak in its logo twice in such a way that it's somewhat hidden.

It's gotta be a place holder <3

I wonder if they were sent "Assets" like some fansites are and they just made their own, like they got with City Living:

http://simscommunity.info/2016/09/13/the-sims-4-city-living-logo-icon-boxart-renders/

Maybe not as final, but allows retailers to create their own pages etc based on the game.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Well I sure hope the pets look like they, sooo fluffy!!! <3
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I'm going to say fake. I can't image an EP that doesn't include new CAS or build Assets or decide to not show off what new assets are being added. Plus it doesn't have an official pack icon.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks those pets look awful? :sweat: They look cute, but I want them to be furry... not plastic looking. :disappointed: