Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    How can ANYONE have POSSIBLY voted for Off the Grid??? Seriously?!? If that wins I hope you guys are happy with yourselves that you've ruined this SP. Get ready for some new moodlets and the only animations being recycled cleaning animations.

Dude, there is NO reason to be rude. All the ideas have potential to be good, here, it just relies on the developers to bring it to good quality. People have their reasons for liking Off the Grid, just as you have your own for liking w/e you like.

"If that wins I hope you guys are happy with yourselves that you've ruined this SP." Gosh that is such a childish, bratty thing to say. Jesus. @_@

I can understand being frustrated or concerned your pick isn't going to win, but seriously; don't be such a brat about it. The success on the release of the SP relies on Maxis' part in how they bring it to life. Majority wins for the idea that MOST people like/resonate best.
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    It was between food preserving and off the grid for me as well. I decided to check the forums before casting my vote to see what people were saying, and ultimately chose off the grid since it seems to be more popular. I wouldn't mind laundry, but I'd prefer one of those two instead, so I chose the one that seemed to have a chance.

I hope that some of the negativity players are showing during the selection process will not deter them from doing something like this again... this is meant to be fun, not a "my gameplay is the best gameplay" discussion. :(
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    For me it's the gameplay aspects.
    I love the canning and nectar making, but most of my Sims end up as vampires, so they eventually stop eating, so I sell all the produce. On the other hand, if they could make Plasma Fruit jam...
    Freegan looked cool, and I hope it shows up in a future pack, but I just couldn't see my Sims going that route.
    Laundry was a big No. The last thing my Sims need is more annoying chores taking them away from raising kids, playing music, painting, or woo-hooing. I realize that many of you have wanted this for a long time, and, if you get it I'll be very happy for you. I won't buy the pack, though.
    Off the Grid will save my Sim money, which will give them more options.
    Lower bills means they won't have to get a job while they build their marketable skills. Maybe they could buy that nicer guitar, or better computer, or more books, or go on vacation with the money they save.
    Upgradable solar panels, wells, and wind turbines means even more savings-maybe even earning money by selling power back to Con Edisim if that's an option. And building Handiness skills.

Plus, a well, a couple of wind turbines, and a solar tree (if that's an option) look cool. And that's the most important thing of all.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    How can ANYONE have POSSIBLY voted for Off the Grid??? Seriously?!? If that wins I hope you guys are happy with yourselves that you've ruined this SP. Get ready for some new moodlets and the only animations being recycled cleaning animations.

Oh yeah, let's trade the possibility to manage resources like eletricity, water and wind in countless ways we want for clicking in an object and choose 'clean', watching them repeat it from time to time.

New animations don't necessarily mean new gameplay (which should mean new ways to play). With enough imagination, Off The Grid can transform Sims 4 almost in a new game in the lots we set.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited June 2017

Oh yeah, let's trade the possibility to manage resources like eletricity, water and wind in countless ways we want for clicking in an object and choose 'clean', watching them repeat it from time to time.

New animations don't necessarily mean new gameplay (which should mean new ways to play). With enough imagination, Off The Grid can transform Sims 4 almost in a new game in the lots we set.

sorry but i have to disagree with you some prefer more modern conviniances in the game no one plays the same and all i can say is that we will have to wait and see what has been chosen in the end when @SimGuruGraham post the result of the vote
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    I voted and made my friends voted for the laundry feature but now I see all of these ideas started to thinking that having off the grid as the gameplay would be much much better and suitable. And I believe that we can get laundry in an another pack but not any of the other because this is eco living pack. I wish I could change my vote but still have hope that Off the Grid will win the vote. I believe that if we leave the idea of having laundry in this pack and let it have its own gameplay is the right thing to do. Let's make a petition about our desire for laundry and tell them that we want it in another pack or patch
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Off the Grid, but if I could have voted for more than one I would've chosen preserves too. After a day washing and Ironing Laundry was way down the list (maybe I should've looked tomorrow which is shaping up to be a laundry free day!).
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I want all of them! As I said in another thread, an SP doesn't do justice for this theme.

In the end, I voted for laundry though. I'd be happy with the off the grid option winning though, but not canning and recycling. Canning needs to go in a farming pack (which is also requested a lot), it makes more sense to me.
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I voted for Laundry...I liked the other ideas but didn't think they were necessary for my current gameplay. IDK, ....maybe those other ideas could be added to a future farm based GP or EP?
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• lornalexlovelornalexlove Posts: 106 Member
    Honestly, I'd like all of them.
    happily simming since 2000
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    ooooo
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    Global warming is made up by the government, it doesn't exist.

yikes.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

sorry but i have to disagree with you some prefer more modern conviniances in the game no one plays the same and all i can say is that we will have to wait and see what has been chosen in the end when @SimGuruGraham post the result of the vote

@SimGuruGraham this simmer is spamming every single thread with laundry. She is taking all the fun out of these polls and it would be great if someone could control this. After all making a game should be fun and no other simmers should be rude to those who want different things
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Of course if you only care for yourself and not the future of this planet - then I am sure it wouldn't be something you'll ever care about.

And that was going too far, personally attacking me.

I might have to correct you, buddy. Although commonly refered as "global warming", the concept we're dealing here is the anthropogenic global climate change, which is definitely proved long time ago to be indeed in curse. Our habits are messing with the environment. You may not believe your govnerment, it's up to you, but one just can't deny scientific evidence without heavy basis.
    I have some articles to indicate, as The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change and Human Domination of Earth's Ecosystems. They will quickly provide some light on the subject for you.

We live in a closed system called Earth where what goes around come just right back. Nature matters, a lot; eco living isn't a mere fashion trend.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > i will repeat what will you do if laundry turns out to be the big winner

Me and several friends voted like 50 times for all the options other than laundry. We are in an all out campaign to keep it from this pack ;)
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > i will repeat what will you do if laundry turns out to be the big winner

Me and several friends voted like 50 times for all the options other than laundry. We are in an all out campaign to keep it from this pack ;)

well then read this because it was the main reason it was in the vote https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously#latest
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > somethingstellar wrote: »
    >
    > > @friendlysimmers said:
    > > i will repeat what will you do if laundry turns out to be the big winner
    >
    > Me and several friends voted like 50 times for all the options other than laundry. We are in an all out campaign to keep it from this pack ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > well then read this because it was the main reason it was in the vote https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously#latest

Don't really care lmao It should be called the "Do Laundry Pack" then. Since its not, byebye laundry :)
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member

I voted for Off The Grid and would vote for it again. Way to make those of us in the community who voted for it feel like dirt. I respect what everyone voted for, there is no right or wrong thing to vote for. There is no need to take the attitude with a group of people because we didn't vote for what you wanted. I honestly don't know how anyone can get in this much of a rage over pixels on a screen. Just saying. Thanks for basically letting me know I'm loser for what I voted for. You're a real doll. (end rant)

And back on topic, as I've said, I voted for Off The Grid. I honestly would have loved all of them, but the Off The Grid one sounded so interesting, and I felt it brought a new kind of gameplay to the game. I look forward to whatever one wins, but I do hope the others are kept for consideration of future packs. :smiley:

ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    It was between off the grid or carbon conscious for me. I went with off the grid because it fits the theme more and honestly I think it'd make a really good addition to the game. There are so many gameplay challenges that have you living basically off the grid, it'd be nice to have something like that as an actual option in game.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    ooooo
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • Cathound01Cathound01 Posts: 69 Member
    Of course if you only care for yourself and not the future of this planet - then I am sure it wouldn't be something you'll ever care about.

I might have to correct you, buddy. Although commonly refered as "global warming", the concept we're dealing here is the anthropogenic global climate change, which is definitely proved long time ago to be indeed in curse. Our habits are messing with the environment. You may not believe your govnerment, it's up to you, but one just can't deny scientific evidence without heavy basis.
    I have some articles to indicate, as The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change and Human Domination of Earth's Ecosystems. They will quickly provide some light on the subject for you.

We live in a closed system called Earth where what goes around come just right back. Nature matters, a lot; eco living isn't a mere fashion trend.

The people above "world leaders" control the climate. Of course scientific journals are going to push the narrative they spread.

Well it looks like the 'leader of the free world' has one who agrees with him. ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

The people above "world leaders" control the climate. Of course scientific journals are going to push the narrative they spread.

Wow. Um...because science. SCIENCE, dude. It's a real thing. You know... they teach it in schools worldwide with all of the other facts. But I'm getting the feeling that you have absolutely no idea what science is. O_o
    #Team Occult
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Wow. Um...because science. SCIENCE, dude. It's a real thing. You know... they teach it in schools worldwide with all of the other facts. But I'm getting the feeling that you have absolutely no idea what science is. O_o

You're not going to convince someone who doesn't believe in climate change that climate change exists. No matter how scientific your reasoning. :)
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    @LiELF science was invented by the spooky illuminati reptilians that rule our beautiful flat earth hologram.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

🐸🐸🐸🐸 you guys can't even keep politics out of simming ffs.
    This is why I would be so happy for humanity to go extinct. All of you. Left or right. Are a virus.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World