Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @avilea you can post a link to an image by just putting it in quotes or swapping in a ; for a : along the lines of "http;//myfakelink.com"
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • AvileaAvilea Posts: 114 Member
    Going to try it; Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the default empty lot in Windenburg, but it's the one across the street and a little "east" of the Shrieking Llama.

"http://tinypic.com/r/95u42x/9"
    @Avilea okay, found the lot and did some testing on it. It was working okay for me. One thing to note is that you should have at least one tile of platform (or foundation) in front of a door or the sim cannot route in. This is by design. I couldn't tell for sure, but in your picture and judging from your description earlier, it looked like you might not have that...
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    I figured out why the lot costs jump around for me so much! It wasn't depreciation because the gallery reflects the real build item costs. I already knew that food and drink left in the house contributed to the lot cost. Apparently so do plants that are ready to harvest (at least in my game!). I had a lot that recorded a gallery price of 200,200 (approximately) when I saved it to my library. After only harvesting the garden items, I resaved the lot to my library and it cost 198,500 (or there abouts). The price that is listed in my library is the same as the price when it is uploaded from the library to the gallery.
  • YsoldeYsolde Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello! I've been re-doing the Spencer Kim Lewis home and I'm trying to add floor tile to the second floor and it won't let me. It says "needs to be on top". Does anyone know about this? I just want to make use of all that empty space above the first floor. TIA!
    Yes @Ysolde in The Sims 4, you cannot just apply flooring to an area where the game does not detect a room with a top below it. You can either draw a room in the area (I advise turning grid lines on first so you can make sure you're working on the right level), or if you prefer to keep the space open but just want the flooring to extend further, click the balcony area next to the open space and use the arrows to pull it further over the open area.
  • LilacHakuLilacHaku Posts: 4 New Member
    PLEASE, add cottage like stairs. The kind with a landing, so you can take up less space length wise. They are available in sims three from thesimsresource, and they are AMAZING.
  • TreleifinTreleifin Posts: 39 Member
    I'd like to see two people be able to sit at a desk. Maybe a function where the person who is not on the computer is watching the other person who is on the computer.
  • Jeza75Jeza75 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey :)

I've just come back to the sims 4 after a year or so and I was wondering if this request (first on the main thread) has been addressed in a recent patch or if it's still not possible to do so :
    Adjust level height by room/unit rather than across the entire lot.

Well my issue is more with the foundations than the wall height but I suppose it goes together?

Thanks !
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Treleifin wrote: »
    I'd like to see two people be able to sit at a desk. Maybe a function where the person who is not on the computer is watching the other person who is on the computer.

If you use a dining table instead of a desk you can place 2 chairs on the same side. Doesn't help with the interaction though.
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    This isn't exactly a glitch, but I noticed when I was redesigning 121 Hakim House in San Myshuno that there is one wall panel in the lobby (which can't be edited) that has no wall covering on it.

kn9cjt7.png

Really, EA?
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Tree in a Box
    The Tree in the Box is part of the Box collection, and looks great next to Grass in a Box.

Is this supposed to be hidden?
    szfiYEN.png
    UXoLSLw.png
    5GP36E5.png
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • oliviaomloliviaoml Posts: 8 New Member
    As of this past week, I've been experiencing lag in a rather oddly specific scenario when building..

When I go to build inside the third floor of a house I've made, my game freezes up the moment I place a wall down... It only does this on the third floor, and on this specific lot. It won't unfreeze until I force-quit the application. Building on the same lot but in different places is perfectly fine, as is building on other lots and other games. I've tried relocating the lot, bulldozing and replacing, and even starting a new game for the lot--nothing has worked. It's only for this lot, and only on the third floor, everywhere else is fine! There is no CC and no mods in my game entirely. Any thoughts?
    @Nectere looks like the object is missing its classification to me; I doubt it's intentional. You also cannot duplicate it with the eyedropper. I'll report this.

@oliviaomi which lot are you using for the build? Could you possibly upload your build to the Gallery (just call it something like "Test 3rd Floor Bug" so that I could take a look at it?
    @StSciurus Thanks! We had that one reported already (see #18 on the textures collection thread on AHQ).
    @jeza75 no, I'm afraid there is still no way to individually adjust unit height.
    @LilacHaku yes, we have that request on the list. We'd all love to see more variety in stair types!

@Treleifin As this goes more to useage, I would suggest making your request over in the Feedback forum for Live mode. EmmaVane's suggestion is a nice workaround though.
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    So I'm having this problem with a few of my gallery saves, where it shows the original lot builder as "RLD!". Problem is, I never download from the gallery back in the days, and the lot was built from scratch by me on a bulldozed EA lot. These were from old saves, I was seeing if there were any builds I could savage.

So far I've tried placing the lot in a new game save and resave the lot to gallery, and sure enough it did not fix the RLD!. RLD! has no uploads, no downloads, and 3 followers. I think it's just an EA bot acc tbh.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    I'm doing a build with a lot of tall half-walls. If I have wall items at the same location on both sides of the half-wall (wall hangings and/or pictures) when I download and place the lot, the items on one side are no longer attached to the wall (they're either in the floor or disappear entirely). Sometimes wall items placed on tall half-walls disappear without apparent reason even though they placed fine without any cheats whether or not there is anything on the other side. Is this an issue in general or do I need to reinstall my game?
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm doing a build with a lot of tall half-walls. If I have wall items at the same location on both sides of the half-wall (wall hangings and/or pictures) when I download and place the lot, the items on one side are no longer attached to the wall (they're either in the floor or disappear entirely). Sometimes wall items placed on tall half-walls disappear without apparent reason even though they placed fine without any cheats whether or not there is anything on the other side. Is this an issue in general or do I need to reinstall my game?

I have this issue all the time when I make public bathrooms with half walls and put the tp on the half walls by the toilet. When I replace the lot for testing, the tp almost always has moved to the floor or below the floor or is just gone. As for any other objects I havent really paid attention as I dont use a lot of half walls for other than that. In any case, chalk me down for ME TOO.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @Nectere I think the half-walls aren't actually treated as "walls" programmatically. I think they are functionally fences with a wall skin. If I used moveobjects 9 to raise it to the right height and the half-wall makes a closed-off room (highlighted green) then it will still delete the items even though I didn't technically attach it to the wall! The only reliable way I found around it was to use moveobjects 9 to raise it to the right height and then drag a half-wall to close the gap without creating a room and now I can use moveobjects to emulate a wall-attachment and everything seems to download OK. That took me days to figure out on the Imagine Children's Museum where I was setting up a model town that needed lights, awnings, and window boxes all attached to the tall half-walls. At least I hope it downloads OK for everyone!
    @reanseih there was a bug at one point, several months back, where incorrect original bys were being written to fresh lots. It has been fixed, but unfortunately, that was only for builds going forward from that point, so if you're working with builds from older saves, it's entirely possible that they still have the glitch. I would just put a note in the description that it's a bug, and RLD doesn't have any uploads...

@withlovejulien were these half walls placed outside or inside of what the game considers a room? Ah, I see you posted again, and you have a lot that I can download to get an idea of how you placed things. I will do some testing in my game.
    edited July 2017
    @BryonyRae That was the one that I was able to reliably download, change, and upload without the items disappearing. I deleted my in-progress lots but I can probably recreate it. The deleting and falling seemed to be pretty reliable when each of those little houses were turned into rooms. Sometimes they would show up on the first download but if I changed or added anything, saved it again, and then downloaded the new save then items that had previously downloaded OK would disappear. I should point out that I generally use "save new" instead of "overwrite" when I'm saving as a lot just in case that matters (but I didn't notice it make a difference).
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @reanseih there was a bug at one point, several months back, where incorrect original bys were being written to fresh lots. It has been fixed, but unfortunately, that was only for builds going forward from that point, so if you're working with builds from older saves, it's entirely possible that they still have the glitch. I would just put a note in the description that it's a bug, and RLD doesn't have any uploads...

There's no way to fix it? Dx It's gonna bug me forever if I upload it as is, but same if I try to redo the landscaping... QwQ
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
    @withlovejulien if you could create a test build where I can actually see and recreate the issue, it would certainly help! Let me know if you upload something to the Gallery...

@reanseih unfortunately, no. I'm sorry.