Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    How can ANYONE have POSSIBLY voted for Off the Grid??? Seriously?!? If that wins I hope you guys are happy with yourselves that you've ruined this SP. Get ready for some new moodlets and the only animations being recycled cleaning animations.
  • Options
    RineRine Posts: 165 Member
    I chose 'off the grid' because it sounded fun. I hate doing laundry and when the option was available in Sims 3, I ignored it. Even if it does get picked, I'm not going to be upset. It is what it is. I like that fans are so involved with the creation of this new pack.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    why do you went to ruin the fun of the sims4 for other players? can't other players have content they went in the game as well? and also here is a little history lesson

the sims1 was there laundry answer no*
    The sims2 was there laundry answer no*
    the sims3 ambiton introduce laundry + laundromat and washers and dryers in the sims3 store additon of a model in sims3 uni
    so you need to realise that other players to are intitle to content they went and also on the subject of eco living for those that are more eco even if washers and dryers come to the sims4 if you went washtubs and clothes line you need to take note that these items are part of the laundry content mention in the vote. the asterix symbol mention content that was mostly custom content in the old games
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Food preserves! It had me at "new things to do with your harvestables". I have heaps of gardeners and collectors in my game that are itching to do more with the things they grow and collect. More craftable items for my retail stores are a real bonus for me. I rotate through a lot of different households, and I like the idea of first playing a sim that collects all the fruit from the worlds, then grows them all to perfect, then cans them up and opens a retail store, and then when I'm rotating through my other households, I can send them to that store to buy the cans and jars of jam and decorate my shelves with them in their kitchens and pantries, then eventually using them all up in recipes. I think having the jars/cans out on display is a bonus for decorators too.

And a nectar skill? Another crafting skill would be awesome, and something for my snobby sims to enjoy - they're always having whims to drink nectar, so hopefully, they'll get whims to make nectar and buy nectar from retail stores.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2017
    why do you went to ruin the fun of the sims4 for other players? can't other players have content they went in the game as well? and also here is a little history lesson

the sims3 ambiton introduce laundry + laundromat and washers and dryers in the sims3 store additon of a model in sims3 uni
    so you need to realise that other players to are intitle to content they went and also on the subject of eco living for those that are more eco even if washers and dryers come to the sims4 if you went washtubs and clothes line you need to take note that these items are part of the laundry content mention in the vote. the asterix symbol mention content that was mostly custom content in the old games

I totally disagree with your post and not everyone plays the game the same way. At the time sims 3 had laundry (Ambitions), with cheap and older washers and dryers, as well as modern designs, clothesline, and a laundromat venue. The description for this vote clearly stated laundry was for the HOME LOT ONLY (So no venue). You have spammed every thread with pictures of 1970 style washers and dryers and have even commented that is the only style you want to have in the game, and judging by the art style and objects that have already been selected, modern washers and dryers do not fit. The argument that washtubs and clotheslines are somehow a "good enough" compromise that you are making to everyone else in the community that sees the other options for ECO Living is unbelievable.

For you to post that other people wanting something different than you is ruing the the game? Seriously?

Laundry probably will win the vote tbh, if nothing else, the team will ensure that it does because otherwise there will not be any "Safe Zone" to hide in when #TeamLaundry starts to riot.

Edited to correct spelling, lol
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Reported. You are spamming, you are being disrespectful and this thread only asked for what you picked. Period. You voted laundry, good for you now just stop and wait for the results.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    yikes, "team laundry" seems to be made up of nothing but whiny entitled brats.

Yeah... and it's just laundry lol I can't even take it seriously. Laundry could have been added before 2018... it's not like we are not getting any stuff packs in like 6 months or even longer.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Seems from the comments here a lot of people find it hard to chose between Off the Grid and Preserving/Nectar making. I just afraid that those two will split the vote and we will end up with what was, at best, the third choice for the majority of people voting.

@SimGuruGraham what are the chance of some of these options appearing in later SP/GP/EPs?

You summed up my feelings exactly. I love Off the Grid, but I'd be very happy with Preserving/Nectar too. I worry that the vote will get split as well.

But then, it's not a contest, and, if some of us don't get what we wanted, at least we were part of the process and learned a lot about the making of the Packs.
    And the response for the options (well, except for Composting) has been so enthusiastic that I'm sure they'll show up in future Packs.
    So no matter what, I think this whole thing has been a great success.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    For me it was between Off the Grid and Laundry. I decided on Laundry.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    Went with Food Preserving here. The allure of harvestables and nectar was too much to resist.

I came into this forum kind of bummed about it thought. All the Team Laundry chatter here and elsewhere had me convinced this vote was pointless but I was happy to see such varying opinion here that it gives me hope. If not, like many have said, so much positive for these options might mean some will reappear down the line.

I especially loved whoever it was who suggested preserving could appear in a farm content release if it doesn't win here. Yes, please.
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    I'm torn. Personally, I REALLY want laundry. I'm a builder! I barely "play" the Sims, all I ever do is build, and whichever house irl doesn't have a laundry room?

But it doesn't fit in this pack. I think the food preserves fits with the item style most, and is the most interesting in terms of gameplay. BUUUT~ it's not gonna contribute that much in build and buy mode. Off the grid is the other that suits this pack imo, suits the pack theme of Eco Living. I do want to see solar panels in this game, and the well / pump! Those would be nice to play with. BUUUT~~~ that's all it is, and it's not necessary, just a nice addition I would love to have. Besides, you can sorta create fake solar panels by playing around with the roofing.

So I'm torn. Freegan I care nothing for, so that's out of my choices at least. Well, recycling and composting is interesting but I don't want freegan. I just really really really want laundry but my cursor is wavering over the other two instead. Dx Can't we like have them all!? I can somewhat see that laundry is gonna be in sooner or later tho, considering its popularity. I wouldn't mind some sort of chore pack that includes laundry. I don't want just a dirty old washer after all.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    I still can't get my head around people wanting Laundry.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I chose food. I am surprised so many chose off the grid as it sounds utterly boring to me. :/
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    I play this game every day to escape the everyday humdrum parts of life. I don't do things like Bee Keeping, Glass Blowing, Clay Molding, Living Off the Grid, or even Canning and Preserving food as they used to HAVE to do in my grandparent's day! However, Laundry.., I already get a Full dose of every day of my life. I don't want to do it in a game that I use to try and escape that part of life for a few hours a day. Therefore, I vote Food Preserves.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Zarriel wrote: »
    I play this game every day to escape the everyday humdrum parts of life. I don't do things like Bee Keeping, Glass Blowing, Clay Molding, Living Off the Grid, or even Canning and Preserving food as they used to HAVE to do in my grandparent's day! However, Laundry.., I already get a Full dose of every day of my life. I don't want to do it in a game that I use to try and escape that part of life for a few hours a day. Therefore, I vote Food Preserves.

you need to realise not everyone plays the same and every player should have in the game content they went and for me ever since the sims3 laundry is a feature i would like to see back in the sims4 and if you look at this thread i am not the only player that went to see that feature back in the game http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously/p1
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Zarriel wrote: »

you need to realise not everyone plays the same and every player should have in the game content they went and for me ever since the sims3 laundry is a feature i would like to see back in the sims4 and if you look at this thread i am not the only player that went to see that feature back in the game http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously/p1

Didn't say a word about not understanding that people play the game differently. I stated what I thought of some of the choices and some of those that were left on the side of the road on the way to this last vote...., and the I stated what I voted for.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    It was really hard to pick because off the grid was right up my ally and I would like the food preserves, but laundry is also something I could see myself using. I think I re-read them about five times before choosing but I went with laundry. I'll be happy with whatever wins though. They all sound like things I would use often. I can't wait to see what wins.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    It was a very tough choice for me, as I both liked laundry and food preserves. I eventually chose food preserves, because I think it allows for more gameplay options and I would really like to have a canning station and nectar making. Laundry would be great to have, but when looking a bit further ahead, I think it is going to bore me in the long run. At first laundry will be great and new, but after a while it will become annoying. I think this won't happen to me with food preserves and I will still be able to enjoy that in the long run.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    My daughter picked laundry i chose off the grid.
    I took a while to make up my mind between carbon concoius and off the grid. I really want to do an Apocalypse challenge. I think those would add much to it.
  • Options
    GeopheryGeophery Posts: 18 Member
    I went with Off the Grid since I felt like it added the most NEW features besides Laundry. I felt like some of the other choices we all ready have in our game in some way.

Carbon Reduction
    The freegan trait = Glutton trait - rummaging in garbage cans for food.
    Recycling can = Nano Garbage can
    Compost = Fertilize with produce/plants/fish

Food preservatives
    Canning - Do harvestable go bad? I ask this as I usually pick and sell.
    Nectar Making - Not in this game but not an interest of mine
    Superfood harvestable - Again in my gameplay I harvest and sell right away. never cook with Fresh food.

Laundry - Its nice they gave us the Eco Friendly versions but always hated in the sims 3 when piles of clothes were everywhere. And it was another thing that made the maid stay late.

But that was just my thought process behind my vote
  • Options
    6winged6winged Posts: 2 New Member
    I have noticed one thing. We have 4 options to vote, but there are mainly 2 types of players: those who chooses laundry and those, who wants some new options in the game that fit the theme. I went with Off the Grid, but will be happy with canning or carbon reduction. And that is typical! This second group of people is bigger, but voices are splitted among three options. So that is how laundry-lovers will win)

I know it is fair, that if so many people want to deal with dirthy clothers, they should get it one way or another. But my hope is, that other options can be also realised in the game later, because it is obvious how many players are hooked up with this tru-eco new ideas.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    How can ANYONE have POSSIBLY voted for Off the Grid??? Seriously?!? If that wins I hope you guys are happy with yourselves that you've ruined this SP. Get ready for some new moodlets and the only animations being recycled cleaning animations.

Well the main goal of the fight to save this planet is getting humanity off the grid - which mean getting off the electricity and fossil fuel track onto the track that will stop polluting the earth of it's resources and the air we breathe and the ozone layer that keeps our atmosphere in tact.

Off the Grid mean becoming one with nature (and the earth) and the sole goal of being actually ECO friendly to the earth on which you actually live. Remember we mess this world up - last we knew we don't have another one to run to - so this is it. That needs to be the goal of every human being on this planet - to get off the grid - off the roller coaster of not giving a darn for the planet you live on. If we do not all know this by now it is no wonder we are on a fast track to destruction. It takes a very long time even if we all went off the grid to help nature repair the damage mankind has created - it has to be a goal.

Of course if you only care for yourself and not the future of this planet - then I am sure it wouldn't be something you'll ever care about. Even though this is just a game - well games teach us more than we realize - and a game about life even if it is not always full reality - it does not hurt at all to adopt principles we should have goals toward in our real lives. I realize also - what the sims do really does not help humanity - but some of us like to play the game as we live or wish to live in real life. In real life I fight the fight for humanity - so I sort of like the thought of my sims adopting that life too. I care "OUTSIDE the BOX" I live in.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....