Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

The new vote is up and I admit everything sounded so interesting! I ended up voting for off the grid, but I wouldn't really mind any of them!

What did you all vote for ?

Comments

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Laundry! It's the reason I voted for Eco Living in the first poll. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ashaifeashaife Posts: 42 Member
    I chose Freegan. Preserves sounded SO cool but I kinda felt it would fit more with a country or farmer themed pack. Hopefully we will see that in future. Also, I'm among those that feel laundry did not belong in Eco Living and I'd prefer to see it in another pack, perhaps a suburbs focused one?

It was hard to choose between the last two, as I'd love to have solar panels and a water pump, but I really felt that Freegan fit way more with the Eco Living vibe they're presenting with the found items and such. So I chose that. We'll see what happens : )
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    Laundry, but food perserves was definitely a close second. I wish we could have picked two
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I chose "off the greed" because it sounds really useful.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    Laundry had the best options for me, i loved the feature in the sims 3 and i think it will bring more realism to the game. Especially with giving chores for kids to do. :) My second fave would be off the grid.
  • kineticlopskineticlops Posts: 46 Member
    Honestly, I would have liked any or all of them, but I had to vote Laundry. I miss doing Laundry! ...which is a sentence I would NEVER say in real life lol.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    I picked food preserves. But off the grid sounded awesome too. Was a tough choice
    I found Off the Grid to be very interesting as well but I had to vote for laundry, since I've been waiting for that for ages. If I could pick two I would have picked Laundry and Off the Grid.
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I voted for Off The Grid. As much as I would love to have nectar making and preserves back in the game, I really wanted something new that we haven't seen before. Solar panels didn't do much in TS3, but in combination with the lot trait, it sounds like it could really impact how you play. I'm picturing a Ron Swanson type sim living in a remote cabin! I'm hoping that preserves and nectar making could come in a future farming themed pack.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    I voted for laundry, because it seems the most versatile and is the main reason why I originally voted for Eco Living. Every household could potentially make use of it, with some using the wash tub and clothing line versus others the washer and dryer. Off the Grid is interesting, but only certain households would make use of it. The carbon one doesn't interest me at all, as it seems it would add very minimal gameplay considering we can already fertilize plants and the trait didn't seem like it would do very much (just like most of the traits we already have). The Food Preserves one would be my second choice, because I like sims being able to make craftables and potentially sell them in a shop, and I also always welcome new recipes, but I think I would ultimately get more use out of laundry.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    While I really want laundry, I went with the food preserves -- I want to see more use for harvestables. If we ever get gift-giving back in the game it would be fun to give neighbors jars of jam or pickled vegetables. I also really like the idea of having nectar making back. I think laundry would fit well in a bed/bath SP and doesn't really suit the "eco living" theme other than clotheslines. Off the grid was a close second but it could be part of a Seasons pack if one is on the drawing board, since you'd have to take into account how much power you could get from solar/wind in certain seasons (cloudy/rainy/snowy days could affect the efficiency of solar panels, and there might not be enough wind in summer for wind turbine use).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    off the grid seemed to be the most interesting one reminds me a bit of sims castaway so voted for that.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Voted for Off The Grid, but I know, that laundry will make it. At this point, I hope, they rename the pack to something more fitting. Sun Room Stuff Pack maybe.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Off the grid! Although food preserves sounded so cool! If we do end up with laundry (which I really don't want) I would use washtubs.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Food Preserves.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    I voted for Laundry but I also REALLY hope the nectar/jam-making features make it in another pack. If the latter does win, I won't be too bummed (as long as we get laundry later on). Both of these themes sound fantastic and very detailed.

I saw almost no gameplay in the other two votes... Pumping water and cleaning solar panels and wind turbines? How does the water fill back up if we don't have rain? The carbon one was even worse. A trait, a rabbit hole activity and composter that would better be suited for leaves. Just a lot of re-skinned base game interactions and a couple of traits, not really what I look for in a Stuff Pack. I really hope neither of these themes win because I'll be VERY disappointed.
    I created a poll to have an idea of what people are voting for, here it is: strawpoll.me/13266741/
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I also voted for "Off the Grid" :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    for me in my case its laundry
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    I chose "off the greed" because it sounds really useful.

i will respect your choice but for me i find the option to do laundry more useful in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I found this extremely difficult. i went with canning; admittedly i will not be upset with whichever option is ultimately chosen as I wanted them all truthfully.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    off the grid, cause we've had the rest before
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    I found this extremely difficult. i went with canning; admittedly i will not be upset with whichever option is ultimately chosen as I wanted them all truthfully.

dont worry about others , everyone wants different things, so vote for something you want not what others want.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • SimaniacgirlSimaniacgirl Posts: 34 Member
    I voted for Off the Grid.

I thought it fitted the theme the most and for me, it adds more of what I'd like to see in the game, more alternative lifestyle choices for my Sims. It's the reason I voted for Eco. Preserves would be more suited for a different pack, in my opinion. I can imagine it in a Seasons GP/EP or Country SP. The Freegan stuff fits the theme well, but as some others have pointed out, it doesn't seem to add as much. Hesitated a little, I would have loved for the washtub and line to be added in as well but I could go without the "normal" laundry for now. It could have been added in another pack or patch (just the basics and expand on them in later packs), since I really don't think it belongs to the eco theme.

I honestly could have done with having the freegan trait, "off the grid" stuff and washtub and line. I know I'm asking for too much, it's a SP not a GP, unfortunately. :/