Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Have Permission to Read Our Own Notifications?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited June 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Sigh, now when I come on here and have some numbers at top of notifications of replies etc., I get a large light buld at the bottom left of screen that says I don't have permission to read the notifications,...they are to me...ok, then.

Sigh..when are you guys going to correct all the errors with this site? ETA: This happens every time there are notifications on the world symbol at top by my name...and by the way, since I will be prohibited from opening a new discussion so soon, why was my Dark Shadows thread in Create A Corner closed? It was simply my machinima videos of my Dark Shadows story adaption. I would like to add the rest of the machinima story videos to my thread but found out today it's been closed. Why?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello
    Your thread may have been closed at the time when there was the makeover of the site. Some threads were unable to be accessed at that time, after the makeover was completed. The threads then needed to be restored. It may be best to be in touch with SimGuruDrake.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe someone can reopen it, since I was just going to use one thread to add my videos instead of a new thread everytime. I'm sure she is busy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PeachesnDucksPeachesnDucks Posts: 1,537 Member
    I am having the same issue. I can't read my notifications either. It comes up and says, I don't have permission. What?? They are MY notifications.
    edited June 2017
    I am having the same issue. I can't read my notifications either. It comes up and says, I don't have permission. What?? They are MY notifications.

Yeah, it's something here every day with this site. ETA: Today, it's the 'We have run into a problem and can not answer this request' (to show page) website error message....every time I click on anything. :s
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I Just checked, i cant read my notifs either. The site has really been bugging me since yesterday with the page error things and constantly signing me out.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i have tweeted @SimGuruDrake on the matter will see if she comes on to fix this problem
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    I too have been getting this. I'll just go to my page and click on the notifications from there under my profile name.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    That's been an on-and-off problem for me as well.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Yep me too. I just posted about it in another thread, the one about getting randomly signed out, because that's happening too.
    It just logged me out and I couldn't reply after being able to click notifications. But was still logged in if I click the 'sign in' at bottom of page. What? :o
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I also had this just now. Refreshed the page, then was signed out, refreshed again, could click the notifications. Constantly getting the "Something has gone wrong" page the past 2 days as well.
    @Kathykins, when I tried to 'like' your reply, it just told me I need to sign in to do that...obvously I am signed in unless we are typing in some alter universe.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm beginning to think we are, really. I've been getting the permission thing when replying to posts, looking at notifications, clicking bookmarks....almost anything. I think there be gremlins at work here oO
  • lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    It works fine after refreshing the page. For me at least. It's still a problem though.
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg