Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @LexLennon said:
    > Stormsview wrote: »
    >
    > I think it would be nice if. We could buy our adult kids a home when they grow up and say get married or just to move out on their own. It should be a nice way to do that. and not just move them out.
    >
    > And you should know your grandchildren and they should know their grandparents
    >
    > Also when family comes over they should always be treated like a household member not like they do not belong. like free to cook if they wish.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > When I split up my households they still remember and treat each other like family and act like family when they go to each others homes. Maybe something is off in your sim relationships.

It's nothing off about my game. yes, my sims know each other and they know they are relatives.
    When one of my sims had moved out of the home because he got married. He returns to see his brothers twin newborns. When he got there the child social worker put in a pop up which said that the twins were about to be taken both parents was at work only the grandmother which was his mother was home. she was not feeding the babies. So he as their uncle was allowed to age them up. before they were taken away by the social worker.
    He then went into the kitchen to cook them something to eat. at his time while he was cooking his mother came out of the bedroom, and announced what he was doing by cooking was inapropiate. That's what I meant about being treated as family.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • irotaskees2irotaskees2 Posts: 7 New Member
    My daughter does a lot of building, and she had a great idea:
    When upgrading multiple recurring objects in build\buy mode (windows, chairs, etc.), it would save a lot of time to have a "swap" feature. For example, you hit a swap button, select the old item, then select the item you want in the place of of the old one, hit "OK", and every recurrence of the old item is instantly upgraded!
    > @irotaskees2 said:
    > My daughter does a lot of building, and she had a great idea:
    > When upgrading multiple recurring objects in build\buy mode (windows, chairs, etc.), it would save a lot of time to have a "swap" feature. For example, you hit a swap button, select the old item, then select the item you want in the place of of the old one, hit "OK", and every recurrence of the old item is instantly upgraded!

Excellent idea. I hate to have to sell each piece then go back to buy or try the new one.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • OG13OG13 Posts: 2 New Member
    I dislike how when a child sim goes to school they can meet teenage sims. I just think this shouldn't this way since it happen in real life.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think they should fix the forums so that people are promoted from new members.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • tiamiatiamia Posts: 63 Member
    I want...an exterminator service. (And more services in general)
    -Ceiling fans, like from the Sims 2 (to give your home and nice touch, and because...well...people do have ceiling fans in their homes!) Washers and dryers (although i'm pretty sure that's already been said.)
    -A fear system, because the Sims 4 feels too...peachy. There aren't really any negative consequences from not fulfilling your goals, and that makes the game seem less realistic because there are setbacks that you experience when you are in put in situations that you don't want to be in, or when you do things that don't benefit you.
    -"Undesirable" traits (such as: hydrophobic, technophobe, neurotic, coward, loser, unlucky etc.) traits that have legitimate drawbacks for your sim, that may prevent them from living a fully "normal" life. (If that's what you're going for.)
    -Vehicles, of course and i'd also like to see a public transport system, since we haven't really seen that in any of The Sims games yet. (Unless you count the taxis and the subway from Late Night, and I don't.)
    -Seasons, university (or some form of higher education), burglars, natural disasters, etc.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head.
    tumblr_n3rku5LZwi1r7y61oo1_500.gif
  • sherryberryc67sherryberryc67 Posts: 49 Member
    I miss customizing my stuff in CAS...I'm sick of the same patterns and colors for all the furniture and such
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    How about bringing lying on the couch and bed back? I love those interactions
    [quote="Furkean;c-15845814"]How about bringing lying on the couch and bed back? I love those interactions [/quote]

I mean options. Like watching tv while lying on the bed or reading a book before sleep. Sitting and reading just isn't the same thing imo
    > @Furkean said:
    > How about bringing lying on the couch and bed back? I love those interactions

I am sure they will, and lounge chairs.
    And maybe they can change passing out action. I really like how they pass out in TS2
  • LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @LexLennon said:
    > Stormsview wrote: »
    >
    > I think it would be nice if. We could buy our adult kids a home when they grow up and say get married or just to move out on their own. It should be a nice way to do that. and not just move them out.
    >
    > And you should know your grandchildren and they should know their grandparents
    >
    > Also when family comes over they should always be treated like a household member not like they do not belong. like free to cook if they wish.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > When I split up my households they still remember and treat each other like family and act like family when they go to each others homes. Maybe something is off in your sim relationships.

It's nothing off about my game. yes, my sims know each other and they know they are relatives.
    When one of my sims had moved out of the home because he got married. He returns to see his brothers twin newborns. When he got there the child social worker put in a pop up which said that the twins were about to be taken both parents was at work only the grandmother which was his mother was home. she was not feeding the babies. So he as their uncle was allowed to age them up. before they were taken away by the social worker.
    He then went into the kitchen to cook them something to eat. at his time while he was cooking his mother came out of the bedroom, and announced what he was doing by cooking was inapropiate. That's what I meant about being treated as family.

LOL Maybe she wanted the babies to be taken away. Very strange. haha
  • Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    Pizza delivery service too!
    @Serenity1991 We have that service tho :D
    Carnivals would be a nice addition with rides included. like the Farris wheel and rollercoasters
    > @superkyle221 said:
    > I think they should fix the forums so that people are promoted from new members.

who said it was broken? I do not think its broke. It was changed to work this way. When they want they will change it to work a different way.
  • GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    > @Stormsview said:
    > > @superkyle221 said:
    > > I think they should fix the forums so that people are promoted from new members.
    >
    > who said it was broken? I do not think its broke. It was changed to work this way. When they want they will change it to work a different way.

They could give us a heads-up, at least, "hey new simmers, don't bother meeting the requirements and don't get your hopes up, because we decided you should all have limited access from now on"
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I don't really feel the need for the color wheel like in TS3, but it'd be nice to just seperate some of recolors (like bed frames and mattress) within already existing options. I believe it wouldn't be so heavy for smoothness of the game as 100% customization from the schratch.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    I don't really think the sims 4 needs fixing... I mean if where going down that road the game needs to be remade entirely for me just because I dislike its style, other than that though the game is one of the best we've had. Packs have been just okay so far but I do like them.

Meh if we're talking additions etc I want relax on bed back, lounge on couch. Maybe less absolutely modern furniture too, it entirely makes it hard to make a more oldy house.

We could also do with a single extra free neighbourhood, perhaps a black mail interaction could be fun too with features.
    Being drunk to a degree too?

I feel like lots of tiny things could be amazing.
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member

1. A way to buy skill slots for a couple of reward points. A way to activate the skill bar with a magazine.
    This way I could only buy the skill slots I want.
    A 'schooling' system to unlock parts of the bar... then all sims would not be created equal...
    edited June 2017
    2. A fridge that has only three available meal slots and two snack slots. More expensive fridges have more slots. You can decide what meals fill the slots.
    This would stop sims from preparing food that I didn't ask them to and getting in the way of the caterer at parties. (A caterer should turn up with pre prepared meals, should only put one down at a time and should serve drinks...)

3. Bring back the option to buy the mobile phone.
    I know that you look around your world and everybody has their nose welded to a small screen... but look a little closer... everybody?
    edited June 2017
    A fix for shallow/deep emotions...

Currently; I add 5 lights to a bare room and my sim is instantly karmically happy...

Really; Lights, tv, stereo... etc. are are shallow emotions...
    Deep is settling down with your significant other, a marriage... true happiness! :)
    The sims complete... inability... to be able to hold their concentration on one thing.
    A book. They pick it up, wander across the room, read for all of 30 seconds... dump it and move on to something else!
    The hot tub. They get in... sit for 30 seconds... then get out, usually to go and wash their hands!

When a game makes you shout at the screen, in large expletives... it's failed at it's primary objective; to be entertaining. :)
  • AlienSimmerAlienSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    There should really be an expansion to the social interactions. Its boring when you have the same options when having an ongoing "conversation" with a sim and trying to build their relationship without making them bored talking about the same things.