Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warning - Apartments are not the only places Sims are getting trapped and stuck.

I know that when apartments arrived, Sims and objects could be stuck in the cavity spaces around elevators.

They can also get stuck under the stairs at Harbor Quarter Gym - ie down where the swimming pool is.

You can bypass this by dragging the outer walls out- the ones next to the stairs - to allow Sims to escape if they sucked under the stairs. This will not affect the upper floors of the Gym - so it is a safe and tidy solution.

Also, the Harbor Quarter Gym is an aggressive environment whereby Sims are forced to walk up/down stairs - walk 10 miles - then walk up/down the opposite stairs. You can muzzle the aggression by simply replacing the aggressive windows on the ground floor (that split reception and the gym) with doors - this allows Sims a very nice way of entering and exiting the gym without being bullied to use the aggressive stairs - that can also trap Sims.

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Here are some pictures:

gym_doors.jpg
    Without those doors - all Sims would have to use the aggressive stairs.

stairs.jpg
    You can see the trapped Sim is now able to walk out of their hostile environment.

• joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Angry gym is angry.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I think I remember someone saying you can get trapped under the stairs at the Goth house, too. And I can't remember if it is TS3 or 4 Goth house where they were getting trapped on the flat roof, even though there was no way up there.

There was also one lot where I built the house, and Sims would walk right through it like it was not there. Right through the house, counters, fridge, and right out the other side and back onto the street. This was annoying, but ever once in a while a Sim would get stuck between the counter and fridge. What was worse, this kept happening in a house where I was doing the Room Challenge, and my Sim was not allowed to talk to anyone or leave the house, so even when I reset the Sim to get them unstuck, I could not tell them to leave, and there was no door. Each time it happened, it voided my challenge, so I would have to go back to an earlier save.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    edited June 2017
    TS4's ResetSim is rubbish compared to TS3's ResetSim's return to safety capability.
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    TS4's ResetSim is rubbish compared to TS3's ResetSim's return to safety capability.
    Having said that - isn't it funny how TS4 will return a Sim to their home lot to send them to work? You know what I mean - Sim is at a festival - time for work - instead of going straight to work, the Sim is teleported to the home lot, then sent to work.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Easy fix for the Harbor Quarter Gym is to just replace a couple of the windows looking into the workout room from the lobby with a door. I've done that and I've never had a Sim trapped in an inaccessible area there. (I've noticed a few times Sims getting stuck at the top of stairs in a couple of my houses, where the Sim can't move, but a save and quit then reload tends to solve that issue.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Don't go into build mode if a sim is walking on a staircase as my sim got stuck under the staircase!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I always delete the walls around all stairs for this very reason.