Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll ever get another empty world?

I would LOVE a new empty world, I wouldn't even mind paying for it.

Comments

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2017
    Would be keen cept I'm lazy a~f & would wait for someone else to build it up & download the save :sweat_smile:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Would be keen cept I'm lazy a~f & would wait for someone else to build it up & download the save :sweat_smile:

same
    newcrest already gives me enough of a headache :s
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I think so. It's a strong possibility imo. I hated filling up Newcrest originally (empty lots in general) but plopping down lots has grown on me.
    6riwm5.png
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I could definitely see this happening, paid or not. Cool if it's free content but even if I have to pay for it I would still grab it.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I have been waiting for a new (preferably empty) world for ages. I have been playing a rotational game since TS4 was released. I now have many homeless sim families waiting for a new world to move in to.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Meh probably not, but who knows, I don't think anyone saw Newcrest coming, and there's more than enough demand for more space.

I'd like a new world, but I can't say I even use Newcrest! :joy:
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Yes, please! With lot sizes we can choose. I keep filling Newcrests over and over again in new saves, and I really like the small lots best.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    No not really I don't rotate playing my sims but I do change the worlds I already have, I bulldoze lots and put up new houses, I only have one restaurant, and one bar/lounge/karaoke, and bowling alley. If I have loading screens anyway why but one in each world.....
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No. Unless they come up with a super patch that allows players to create WC, OS etc. as an empty template (like TS2) then we are whistling in the wind. It's not going to happen again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

Right After we get a comprehensive patch that fixes more than a chair..Don't hold your breath waiting. :/
  • SonntamSonntam Posts: 25 Member
    I prefer creating my own townies and give them a house more often than not. I am also fairly unhappy with the small amount of community lots, so one of these days I will finally sit down and create some more museums, night clubs and other venues. That alone would fill half Newcrest.

I sure hope we will get another empty lot soon...
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I hope we get an architecture stuff pack that will come with a larger world with some bigger lots.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I am always up for a new world. I could work with a blank one or a partially filled world with some open lots of various sizes.

I don't tend to tear down the Maxis stuff, with some exceptions, just to renovate it when I move someone in or use it.

I am relatively flexible about the theme or style of the world. I consider all of the worlds to be integrated so it isn't immersion-breaking to me to have various styles of worlds and my sims freely travel between them. I basically say that they are in an overarching world similar but not identical to ours. What they call worlds are like neighborhoods to me and what they call neighborhoods are basically just blocks or subdivisions in my game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Oh yes, it would be cool to have a new world. I won't even complain if it just has 5 lots, I just wish there would be more themes. So far 3 of the world's share the same theme :(
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It would be nice, but too many people whined about having to go to all the effort of downloading lots from the gallery, so, no.
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > It would be nice, but too many people whined about having to go to all the effort of downloading lots from the gallery, so, no.

filling newcrest is a lot of effort. what isn't a lot of effort is bulldozing the lots in a world if you want it to be empty.
    Falynios wrote: »
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > It would be nice, but too many people whined about having to go to all the effort of downloading lots from the gallery, so, no.

filling newcrest is a lot of effort. what isn't a lot of effort is bulldozing the lots in a world if you want it to be empty.

If it's all that much effort, then leave it blank and never travel to it. Downloading from the gallery is not hard. There are ways to narrow down the search based on size and type of lot you want. Have you never downloaded anything before? A lot of people have favorite builders that they download from. With Newcrest, it was a blank canvas that you could use to create any world you want, real, fantasy or any combination.
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    >
    > If it's all that much effort, then leave it blank and never travel to it. Downloading from the gallery is not hard. There are ways to narrow down the search based on size and type of lot you want. Have you never downloaded anything before? A lot of people have favorite builders that they download from. With Newcrest, it was a blank canvas that you could use to create any world you want, real, fantasy or any combination.

The gallery is dysfunctional. 30% of it is reuploads/stolen work, and everything in the popular category is outdated. "Popular now" may have the best, up to date lots, but there is always few to select from.

Again, as easy as it is for you to say I should ignore a world because it's too annoying to fill, it's easy for me to say you can bulldoze it and remake it yourself.
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    >
    > If it's all that much effort, then leave it blank and never travel to it. Downloading from the gallery is not hard. There are ways to narrow down the search based on size and type of lot you want. Have you never downloaded anything before? A lot of people have favorite builders that they download from. With Newcrest, it was a blank canvas that you could use to create any world you want, real, fantasy or any combination.

The gallery is dysfunctional. 30% of it is reuploads/stolen work, and everything in the popular category is outdated. "Popular now" may have the best, up to date lots, but there is always few to select from.

Again, as easy as it is for you to say I should ignore a world because it's too annoying to fill, it's easy for me to say you can bulldoze it and remake it yourself.

Players that think selfishly and complain about every little thing that doesn't fit the way they play, is the reason they stop doing nice things for the players. People requested an empty world and they gave us one, but other people who couldn't be bothered to go to the effort of downloading lots to fill it, ruined it with all their complaining. If you would reread the title, it specifies an EMPTY world, not a filled world. If you only want a filled world, this is not the thread for you.
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >

> Players that think selfishly and complain about every little thing that doesn't fit the way they play, is the reason they stop doing nice things for the players. People requested an empty world and they gave us one, but other people who couldn't be bothered to go to the effort of downloading lots to fill it, ruined it with all their complaining. If you would reread the title, it specifies an EMPTY world, not a filled world. If you only want a filled world, this is not the thread for you.

The whole purpose of a forum is to discuss, and the purpose of discussion is not to sit around with people who agree with you and stroke each other's chickens, to put it nicely. :)

One empty world is fine. If I don't want a second one to be added I'm allowed to come in here and say that. If you don't express your opinions then you end up getting features you don't want. It isn't even a selfish opinion. It's so easy to just make a world empty on your own if you want it to be that way. Filling newcrest is laborious, and adding a second empty world on top of it to fill would be even more so.

I don't get the issue at all. Instead of adding an empty world, they throw lots on it. People that don't want the lots can delete them. What about this idea has you so shaken up?
    You didn't come here to give your opinion on an EMPTY world. You came here to respond to my coming here to give my opinion about the possibility of getting another EMPTY world. This is three times that your "opinion" is nothing but a response to my opinion. Will there be a forth? Probably, you don't seem like the type to state your opinion and be done. You seem like the type that has to have the last word. So, here are mine. Bye Girl!
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > You didn't come here to give your opinion on an EMPTY world. You came here to respond to my coming here to give my opinion about the possibility of getting another EMPTY world. This is three times that your "opinion" is nothing but a response to my opinion. Will there be a forth? Probably, you don't seem like the type to state your opinion and be done. You seem like the type that has to have the last word. So, here are mine. Bye Girl!

Lol is this some sort of copy paste statement you use in every discussion you get into? The whole "you aren't a big enough person to let me have the last word?" To try and get the other person to stop replying to you because you're at a loss?

Quotes directly from your post history:
    " I'll bet you respond to this post too. You seem like the type"
    " If people like you minded their own business and stayed out of other peoples comments, these forums would be a better place."
    "You seem to like to get in the last word. Sorry, I hope that observation wasn't too harsh."

No offense, but this is the same argument a 10 year old would give when backed against a wall. If you're done discussing the subject, that's fine, though.
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Yes, please! With lot sizes we can choose. I keep filling Newcrests over and over again in new saves, and I really like the small lots best.

I filled up Newcrest very quickly aside from an area that I want to make community lots for. I absolutely adored the New Orleans style buildings in Willow Creek and if you look closely Newcrest has the same style so I filled it with shotgun shacks. I also prefer small or med sized lots, they make for fun and fairly quick builds. I play rotational and try not to use money cheats because I want to earn money themselves, I have yet to have a sim move into the large lots.
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    edited June 2017
    > @Dannydanbo said:

Welllll I'm willing to put forth the effort to build houses and community buildings so that people who aren't into the building aspect can enjoy them. I have put literally hours and hours into my builds yet you want to complain about how difficult it is to fill the lots when all you have to do is find something you like from the gallery and plop it down? Please. Also, I DO delete the vast majority of the lots to make room for new builds but am running out of space so an empty world would be appreciated.
    > @SimSara said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > > @Dannydanbo said:
    > > It would be nice, but too many people whined about having to go to all the effort of downloading lots from the gallery, so, no.
    >
    > filling newcrest is a lot of effort. what isn't a lot of effort is bulldozing the lots in a world if you want it to be empty.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welllll I'm willing to put forth the effort to build houses and community buildings so that people who aren't into the building aspect can enjoy them. I have put literally hours and hours into my builds yet you want to complain about how difficult it is to fill the lots when all you have to do is find something you like from the gallery and plop it down? Please. Also, I DO delete the vast majority of the lots to make room for new builds but am running out of space so an empty world would be appreciated.

1. Like I said earlier, the gallery is a mess.
    2. Then what is the issue with deleting the lots in a new world to make it empty? I'm trying to understand what's so difficult about that that it incites such emotion in you people. No one's answered yet so don't blame me for not being able to understand it.