Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• midnightchillimidnightchilli Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey all, just reposting a bug I mentioned in another thread:
    BLSSNG wrote: »
    I've recently been playing the Goth family on a new save with no mods running and only a few custom content hairstyles installed, and the lag is unbearable. I first noticed the game being unresponsive around the time City Living came out, but there was a Simulation Lag Fix mod by simmythesims which fixed the problem for me. The mod doesn't work anymore because of recent updates, so the game is back to being borderline unplayable.

I'm completely open to this issue being a hardware related, as I'm running the game on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro which isn't made for gaming. I've also been watching Deligracy's playthrough of the vampires game pack, and I haven't seen her experience any lag which I assume is because she is running the game on a more powerful computer than mine. At the same time however, The game ran smoothly for me before City Living came out, even with every expansion and game pack installed.

This is a shame because I really enjoy The Sims 4, but I really cannot play it in its current state. I hope the developers are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. :'(

Also, my specs are:
    Macbook Pro (13-Inch, Mid 2012)
    2.5GHz Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Hey all, just reposting a bug I mentioned in another thread:
    I've recently been playing the Goth family on a new save with no mods running and only a few custom content hairstyles installed, and the lag is unbearable. I first noticed the game being unresponsive around the time City Living came out, but there was a Simulation Lag Fix mod by simmythesims which fixed the problem for me. The mod doesn't work anymore because of recent updates, so the game is back to being borderline unplayable.

I'm completely open to this issue being a hardware related, as I'm running the game on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro which isn't made for gaming. I've also been watching Deligracy's playthrough of the vampires game pack, and I haven't seen her experience any lag which I assume is because she is running the game on a more powerful computer than mine. At the same time however, The game ran smoothly for me before City Living came out, even with every expansion and game pack installed.

This is a shame because I really enjoy The Sims 4, but I really cannot play it in its current state. I hope the developers are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. :'(

Also, my specs are:
    Macbook Pro (13-Inch, Mid 2012)
    2.5GHz Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 4000

Your Mac is struggling, not the game. Lower all your graphics settings to the lowest possible, take out your CC (especially the hairs), turn off Origin in game and see if that helps.

apple-signature.png
  • natduboissnatduboiss Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a NVIDIA update for 10.12?
  • ToxicVioletsToxicViolets Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope this is the best place to ask but I'm a little bit confused with the tray folder. I am trying to export a sim in my library through it's tray files but there's a lot of confusing files and I don't know which are for this sim. It is the only sim in my library but I'm a little bit over whelmed by the files in the tray folder and am not sure how to identify the sim.
    For example, when people share zip files containing a folder to their sim's tray files, how did they distinguish between them and know which ones are for which? Or is there another way of export them to my computer?
    Thank you much for any help-- I'm kind of a newbie to dealing with sim folders ^^; (Hope the question was clear as well)
    I hope this is the best place to ask but I'm a little bit confused with the tray folder. I am trying to export a sim in my library through it's tray files but there's a lot of confusing files and I don't know which are for this sim. It is the only sim in my library but I'm a little bit over whelmed by the files in the tray folder and am not sure how to identify the sim.
    For example, when people share zip files containing a folder to their sim's tray files, how did they distinguish between them and know which ones are for which? Or is there another way of export them to my computer?
    Thank you much for any help-- I'm kind of a newbie to dealing with sim folders ^^; (Hope the question was clear as well)

The easiest way is by date. Save a Sim to your library and close the game. Then sort the Tray folder by date and the files you want will be the most recent.

apple-signature.png
  • ktlikesthesims3ktlikesthesims3 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having trouble with my game. To start off, a couple of days ago it started randomly crashing. Now, I can open and play the game but I can't do anything in buy mode. For example, I can look at all of the buy options and go to put them in the house but the item does not show up (only the area squares will) and I am not able to place them (I can only keep moving them around without being able to drop them). Also, I cannot save any game. Anytime I try to save a game or even leave the game without clicking a save option an error message pops up that says something along the lines of, "The game cannot be saved. Error code: 0." When I go into origin and try to uninstall the game it will not allow me to do it. I have tried putting my sims 4 application links and origin link in the trash, emptying my trash, and reloading everything. That does not work. I have tried clicking the update button in origin to make sure my game is up to date and it is. I have tried the repair option in origin more than once and I still have these problems. Any suggestions?
    I am having trouble with my game. To start off, a couple of days ago it started randomly crashing. Now, I can open and play the game but I can't do anything in buy mode. For example, I can look at all of the buy options and go to put them in the house but the item does not show up (only the area squares will) and I am not able to place them (I can only keep moving them around without being able to drop them). Also, I cannot save any game. Anytime I try to save a game or even leave the game without clicking a save option an error message pops up that says something along the lines of, "The game cannot be saved. Error code: 0." When I go into origin and try to uninstall the game it will not allow me to do it. I have tried putting my sims 4 application links and origin link in the trash, emptying my trash, and reloading everything. That does not work. I have tried clicking the update button in origin to make sure my game is up to date and it is. I have tried the repair option in origin more than once and I still have these problems. Any suggestions?

If you play with Mods/CC move them out and see if the problem persists. You could also try the following:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
    Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
    2. There should be two files in there. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. Leave the other file, The Sims 4.par alone.
    3. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.
    apple-signature.png
  • crazyclaudiacrazyclaudia Posts: 5 New Member
    My cc is not working. I have tried so much to fix it and nothing is working. it was working in january and then i added in some more and it stopped working and it has not been working since
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You might have some some "bad" CC that is no longer working due to recent patches. There are a couple of things you can try.

1) Try culling your CC and seeing which pieces are no longer working and delete them. There is no easy way to do this except to move your CC folder to your desktop and try adding back a few pieces at a time. You then need to restart your game each time you add a few pieces and see what appears and what does not.

2) Make sure that the "Enable CC" switch in the opening menu options is clicked/turned on. This gets turned off each time a new patch is installed.

3) Most drastic option, do not play with CC at all.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • iimlana_01iimlana_01 Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi there! I have this issue with my CAS and I've tried searching and I'm like the only person with this problem. I am on a Mac.

In the sims 4 create a sim whenever I hover over a sim with the cursor to edit the sim body or face it's fine, but when I hover away from the sim the cursor thinks it's still on the sim. It's hard to explain.
    So if my cursor is on the sims nose the cursor changes for the editing of the nose but when I move the cursor off of the sim, the cursor stays the same and it will show the nose with the white mapping around it.
    So pretty much the game thinks my cursor is still on the sim, when it's not.
    It's pretty annoying when trying to edit a sim and it's been happening for almost a couple weeks now.

I do have CC/mods, but I did take those out and tested it and it still didn't work. I also repaired the game twice without the CC/mods being in the game and it still didn't work and I don't know what to do. :/
    @iimlana_01

Pull your whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop then repair the game and try again.
    apple-signature.png
    @iimlana_01

Pull your whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop then repair the game and try again.

Should I put the folder back in when I repair it or no?

@BluebellFlora yeah I just tried it and it did not work. It sucks:/
    Does anyone know about his problem yet?^
    edited April 2017
    iimlana_01 wrote: »

Try setting up a new user account on your Mac and play in that. DON'T move any of your user data over from the Sims 4 folder in your usual account.

What Mac, version of macOS, and mouse/trackpad are you using?

Your issue sounds user specific with your setup so isn't necessarily a bug.
    apple-signature.png

Try setting up a new user account on your Mac and play in that. DON'T move any of your user data over from the Sims 4 folder in your usual account.

I've already done that and it didn't work. On the EA website there are a few other people who are having the problem. I don't think it is anything specific to my settings because it was working perfectly fine and I don't mess with my settings. I think it's just a MAC related bug and most people play sims on a regular PC so that's why a lot of people aren't talking about it.
    edited April 2017

I've already done that and it didn't work. On the EA website there are a few other people who are having the problem. I don't think it is anything specific to my settings because it was working perfectly fine and I don't mess with my settings. I think it's just a MAC related bug and most people play sims on a regular PC so that's why a lot of people aren't talking about it.

If it was a Mac bug it would be affecting every Mac user, which it isn't. It may be related to a specific operating system/hardware/mouse etc. though. Without knowing these details about your setup it is impossible to try and help, let alone make EA aware as they will also need to know what you are using. Do you have links to the other threads where Mac users are reporting this? Have they posted their Mac's specs?

EDIT - I found your thread at AHQ where two other people has reported the same issue. I have asked for specs. from all of you and provided a link with instructions on where to look on your Mac for the info requested.
    Post edited by BluebellFlora on
    apple-signature.png
  • noelsebastiannoelsebastian Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys,

Is there a way to relocate the entire EA folder onto an external hard disk so it doesn't take up space on my laptop instead?
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    Game has been slow, since updating the new game yesterday. I have removed all CC and the one script mod. The game worked good with a new file, but 2 files I've played since the patch have been super laggy, and my fan is running.

MacBook Pro (13-in, mid 2010)
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory: 16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
    500GB SSD (349.75 available)
  • nikkir1981nikkir1981 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello I bought the parenthood pack and have been having issues with the new little girl hair changing hair color. I have no mods or cc. The hair she was born with is dark brown, next to the black and when I try to use that hair it changes the color to black. I change it back but as soon as I change an outfit it changes her hair.

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010)
    3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB
    OS X El Capitan
    It's probably because you didn't change her hair in each of the outfits. Go back into CAS and double check each outfit and the hairstyle/color.
  • nikkir1981nikkir1981 Posts: 11 New Member
    Well I would change her back to the original color and when I would go back to the previous outfit or a new one and it would change, I would have to keep fixing it every time. I also noticed that in one the "teenager hairs" that had the multi color hair chunks one of the brown colors is missing completely. So weird. I never use CC or mods so I know it's not that.
    Try pulling your Sims 4 folder to the Desktop (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) and DO NOT DELETE! Next start up the game and remember that none of your saved games will be there at the moment. Try creating a sim with similar color and styles and play for a little bit. If the game seems fine, try adding back your saved games.
  • southernbellesimmersouthernbellesimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having trouble trying to change the locations of files I want to be saved. The game keeps adding a folder on my documents, but I have a lot of files and I don't want them to clutter up my MacBook so I have Origin and The Sims 4 on an external hard drive and I have moved the folders tons of times to the external hard drive and when I do to the game to add the location path it won't let me and it's really making me not want to buy or play the game again.
    I think you can play the game ok from an external hard drive, but it doesn't recognize saved games or Electronic Arts folder on one. The Electronic Arts Folder must be in your Documents folder on your computer.