March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can't get the propose option

They are both young adults, and they live together
cant%20get%20married.gif

Comments

• Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Were they boyfriend and girlfriend when they were teenagers? I have this problem with my teen sims that are sweethearts as teenagers, when they age up they never get the propose option. I eventually had to break them up, then get them back together to make it work. Sorry, I don't have any easy answers for you. It must be a bug or something.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    yes they were, I guess maxsus is doing boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back smh
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    You can't get these sims engaged because they're promised to each-other, which is broken atm and causing this bug. You have to have them become just friends via the friendly interaction and then get their romance back up so you can propose.
    You can't get these sims engaged because they're promised to each-other, which is broken atm and causing this bug. You have to have them become just friends via the friendly interaction and then get their romance back up so you can propose.

dag I wish you had posted sooner, I broke them up with the mean interaction now their red bar is full. I had every thing ready for the wedding too ugh!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »

dag I wish you had posted sooner, I broke them up with the mean interaction now their red bar is full. I had every thing ready for the wedding too ugh!

Hello
    You may like to use the relationship cheats in this link to bring their relationship levels back up again
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Meegie1977 wrote: »
    Were they boyfriend and girlfriend when they were teenagers? I have this problem with my teen sims that are sweethearts as teenagers, when they age up they never get the propose option. I eventually had to break them up, then get them back together to make it work. Sorry, I don't have any easy answers for you. It must be a bug or something.

I believe it's a recent bug. I know because a couple I played became 'promised' to each other as teens. Once I aged them up, first him and then her, to YA, he was able to propose. This was quite awhile ago. Recently, I had the same problem as you. I was advise to have one of them ask to 'just be friends' and rebuild from there. It worked.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I've recently ran into this bug as well...
    I had two promised teens who couldn't get married after becoming young adults either. Unfortunately, the only way I could get the sims married was by breaking them up and using the cheats to max out their relationship again. I really hope that this is fixed soon.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited March 2017
    I had this issue and had to break up my sims and get them back together in order for it to pop up. Seems kinda silly that it doesn't show up when your sims are promised. Definitely needs to be fixed.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member

%100 This! Actually it feels like it's been broken for awhile... I stopped using the promise to each other all together.
  • mcsarmcsar Posts: 22 Member
    Are people still having this issue? I have this issue with my sim couple today but thought it should've been fixed by now :/
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yeah, this bug still hasn't been addressed...
    I decided to test the waters with a new household today while exploring the GP and it's still a problem. :(
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I have a couple who aren't promised to each other, yet the option to propose isn't there. They met and they had a small romantic relationship when they were teenagers though.
    mcsar wrote: »
    Are people still having this issue? I have this issue with my sim couple today but thought it should've been fixed by now :/

i haven't tried it again so idk