Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims not going to school/work/daycare

MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
So I'm not sure if other people are having this problem I've seen someone on the forums complain about it but my Sims will have supposedly gone to work/school/daycare and their profile will be greyed out, including their inventory, however the sim is still on the lot and is playable like a normal sim. For toddlers and children they will eventually stop being greyed out but for adult Sims the only way to stop it is to get them to quit their jobs.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,499 Member
    I have seen it with the toddlers. I did see it with one of my teens. I just did the ol' jump to another location and then return. Eventually, it straightened itself. out. But, in the meantime it's annoying.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    So I'm not sure if other people are having this problem I've seen someone on the forums complain about it but my Sims will have supposedly gone to work/school/daycare and their profile will be greyed out, including their inventory, however the sim is still on the lot and is playable like a normal sim. For toddlers and children they will eventually stop being greyed out but for adult Sims the only way to stop it is to get them to quit their jobs.

Yes, from the May patch in my game. It is short lived but does happen.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Bump. I'm still having this problem.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Traveling or hopping in and out of manage worlds helps unstick them.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've noticed it more with my Sim kids -- they're supposed to be home from school and their portrait is greyed out, but they're just standing outside the house.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    It definitely got worse after the last patch or two. Or maybe after the Vampire patch? Because I really started noticing my bloodsuckers frying when they were supposed to be at work in February. And the same fix works for that too.
  • ArmaArma Posts: 1 New Member
    Im on the ps4 and my sim wont go to school or work. Tried uninstalling, going off lot, and tried going on a vacation and letting the vacation end on its own. Really disappointing...we pay good money to get buggy stuff. Wish there was a way to reset a sim on console that would clean up their script so it would run proper again. No reason I can think to make any of this happen. Just downloaded a couple game packs.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Is it a holiday with a day off from work/school?