Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are they going to start fixing stuff?

Comments

• SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    edited June 2017
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Sims are singing, playing with their phone, roaming everywhere, going for a jog, etc instead of sitting at the table talking and eating. If I don't keep them talking, then the randomness takes over. Advice pop ups only have one option for Parenting.

This is probably the most annoying bug for me! That along with the musical chairs and actions canceling out for no reason.

There are so many bugs in general and it's frustrating, I could write a laundry list of all the bugs I encounter each time I play. I feel like there was a time when the dev's got much of the issues under control but it seems like it all goes awry whenever new content is released.

• SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    Yubell wrote: »
    I'm also annoyed with the game generating new outfits on it's own! My Sweet Mother of twins looks like a Street Walker! There doesn't seem to be any way to delete the new "Outfits" either, it's so aggravating having to change her outfit constantly!

I agree I never had outfit problem in the other games but this one is a joke sick and tired of seeing sims like this

tumblr_ormzyp1Ytn1v5g8yyo1_500.png

THIS! Badly dressed sims has always been somewhat of an issue for me, but it was just the townies and I would often edit them. It seems the Parenthood GP has made it worse. My townies- including the ones I've edited AND playable sims that I've created all look like a hot mess.

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited June 2017
    My favourite is when you finally get two sims together for some woohoo in an apartment and you are just getting to the golden moment, when in what seem like an ultra burst of performance, one sim peels off and runs out to do some random greeting with another sim on the absolute extreme edge of the map.

OK, annoying - pause, cancel the interaction, queue up the proper one, release pause...

Sim still runs all the way to the other side of the map, stops, looks bewildered and then runs back, but, of course, the other sim just cancels whatever they had queued and suddenly decides to practice programming (or whatever) even though they are a creative, writing sim that is feeling flirty.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    SimSara wrote: »
    THIS! Badly dressed sims has always been somewhat of an issue for me, but it was just the townies and I would often edit them. It seems the Parenthood GP has made it worse. My townies- including the ones I've edited AND playable sims that I've created all look like a hot mess.
    This isnt a parenthood issue. I dont have it but I have this bug. This is a vampire issue from what Ive seen because it festers in vampires, vampire content and interacting with sims from or within forgotten hollow. I use MCC to change the dresses whenever I get the chance but the game is overwriting them the next time the sim is loaded. Not just another random outfit but the same randomized outfit as before. Its saving those outfits for each sim somewhere and the devs are incapable to figure out where. It means we wont see a fix for at least 4 weeks. Unless they ignore this bug aswell like all the others we talk about here all day.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited June 2017
    Zasz wrote: »
    This isnt a parenthood issue. I dont have it but I have this bug. This is a vampire issue from what Ive seen because it festers in vampires, vampire content and interacting with sims from or within forgotten hollow. I use MCC to change the dresses whenever I get the chance but the game is overwriting them the next time the sim is loaded. Not just another random outfit but the same randomized outfit as before. Its saving those outfits for each sim somewhere and the devs are incapable to figure out where. It means we wont see a fix for at least 4 weeks. Unless they ignore this bug aswell like all the others we talk about here all day.

The situational outfits were introduced with City Living and extended to vampire copycats with Vampire Pack. I played for a bit just after that was released and all was pretty much working OK then. I stopped soon after for reasons.

I picked up the game again a couple of days ago and the outfits were messed up after an hour or so of play. I don't have Parenthood, but I suspect the severity sneaked in with the Parenthood patch as some new interactions have been added. I have noticed one or two teen ones (sorry, can't remember them).

They must know...I can't believe their playtesters haven't seen this stuff.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member

City living made it 10x worse sick of seeing sims walking around in weird festival clothes literally it's either that dress or weird festival clothing.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

The situational outfits were introduced with City Living and extended to vampire copycats with Vampire Pack. I played for a bit just after that was released and all was pretty much working OK then. I stopped soon after for reasons.

I picked up the game again a couple of days ago and the outfits were messed up after an hour or so of play. I don't have Parenthood, but I suspect the severity sneaked in with the Parenthood patch as some new interactions have been added. I have noticed one or two teen ones (sorry, can't remember them).

They must know...I can't believe their playtesters haven't seen this stuff.

My game is flooded with these horrible outfits, very heavy on accessories. All versions of accessories from anywhere (packs, BG, CC, it don't matter). I've gotten every pack on release, I update my game day of patches, and I didn't have this problem at all with Vampires or city living until the parenthood patch. I've always had badly dressed townies spawn, but not with the severity of accessories that they have now. They will now wear one item from every single category. And now, it's not just random townies being created that are in these outfits, it's premades like the goths, the bjorns, landgrabbs, every premade from every world has been effected by this. I have pictures of a few of them. But, I don't have these random outfits (that are not one of the sims created outfits) in a save until a sim goes to a festival. The festival triggers it every time in my game. I've even changed a sims clothing (bella goth) to her regular everyday outfit with mccc at a festival and within minutes, she changed right back into the horrible mixmatched-over accessorized outfit she had on at the start of the festival.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2017

Laptops are weaker than desktop hardware. The game's requirements are for desktop not laptop. All PC games requirements are for desktop. Again not saying that this game does not have bugs but the bugs will be worse on an under-powered computer.

when you posts specs, there are different kinds of processors. This game requires an intel i5 quad core on desktop. The game is processor heavy. If playing on laptop you need a more powerful processor to equal desktop hardware. If playing on a laptop the processor should be an i7 quad core. The processor will end in HQ or MQ after the processor number. If your processor on laptop ends in U or M it's a dual core and not powerful enough.

I see, thanks, that's pretty useful information. Mine ends in U. But at the same time according to this: http://game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7782&canMyCpuRunIt=The%20Sims%204

and the review of my processor I shouldn't have any problems. I know meeting the minimum requirements isn't the best for optimal performance but the processor does meet the minimum requirements (although this source doesn't really say by how much, or whether it just does), so it is powerful enough. Idk how reliable the source is though. I

I do understand what you are saying, problem with this approach though, is that it kind of blames the customer. Sure bad aspects of the game may be exacerbated by bugs, but the fact is that EA marketed this game as a game that does not necessitate the purchase of a gaming laptop/desktop. As such if they know that bad bugs will be further amplified on the lower end computers that they said should run sims 4 fine as part of their marketing strategy, they should be making sure to fix these bugs. Could say we need to be more patient but some of the significant bugs are coming up to a year old now.

I'm lucky in the sense that hopefully if my grades are good, I will be able to easily afford to by the gaming laptop I've been looking at by the end of the year, due to my grad job. Not everyone can say that. Some can, but will choose to prioritise other things, as a gaming laptop/desktop is no small investment. So purchasing a new laptop to minimise these problems isn't really a good answer unless you are already thinking of doing so. The bugs are problems that the developers should be addressing, not the customers.

With all the sims games minimum requirements are for base game only with no packs , patches, eps added. To play the complete game one needs to look at recommended requirements to play with all the add ons. The game becomes more powerful with each add on. Yes it's on their web with specs which is a mid range gaming desktop. No where did EA ever market this game to play on lower end computers. This is rumor that has been spread all over this forum and it is not true. It is the customer's responsibility in being able to read specs when games have requirements. Those who know how to read specs know that the game's requirements are desktop hardware. Desktop hardware different than laptop hardware.

I would not advise a gaming laptop unless you must have a laptop. They can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy. They do not sell laptop hardware to the public. Once your laptop stops functioning and they no longer make replacement hardware, the laptop becomes a throw away. Gaming laptops also need to be professionally cleaned. Desktop is more powerful, cheaper and if you buy the right computer hardware can be replaced or upgraded. You can also clean a desktop yourself and not have to send it out to be professionally cleaned.

My son has a cheaper laptop like yours he uses for school and has a gaming desktop at home. You would be better off keeping the laptop you have now for school and get a gaming desktop for at home if possible

The bugs that effect everyone is on EA.
    I'm not saying the game does not have bugs. It does. I was just curious if you get this specific bug on a new vanilla game. In tech we always run our game tests vanilla. This way there is no interference with the game should we have to report back to the gurus. We will test on different versions of windows too just in case windows is the problem. Not everyone is getting this bug you have

You would be surprised what could cause a problem. CC clothes, hair etc can mess up the sims 3 and I'm sure it's no different for the sims 4.
    This makes me wonder why the devs cant just offer an interface for players to use so CC doesnt mess with the game. In Wow its LUA which is easy to handle. But I think we covered the lack of competence sufficiently.

Well EA can't control if someone makes bad CC, you chose to download it and it messes up your game. CC is all third party and not endorsed by EA. Sometimes when the game updates it makes the CC or Mods incompatible with the game. This happened with the sims 3 too. There is also still some poorly made CC floating around the sims 3 and people still get effected by it downloading from the sims 3 exchange. We still get these problems in tech. EA's new gallery is trying to prevent those issues of people getting infected with bad cc that has been uploaded for others to download.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm not saying the game does not have bugs. It does. I was just curious if you get this specific bug on a new vanilla game. In tech we always run our game tests vanilla. This way there is no interference with the game should we have to report back to the gurus. We will test on different versions of windows too just in case windows is the problem. Not everyone is getting this bug you have

You would be surprised what could cause a problem. CC clothes, hair etc can mess up the sims 3 and I'm sure it's no different for the sims 4.
    This makes me wonder why the devs cant just offer an interface for players to use so CC doesnt mess with the game. In Wow its LUA which is easy to handle. But I think we covered the lack of competence sufficiently.

Well EA can't control if someone makes bad CC, you chose to download it and it messes up your game. CC is all third party and not endorsed by EA. Sometimes when the game updates it makes the CC or Mods incompatible with the game. This happened with the sims 3 too. There is also still some poorly made CC floating around the sims 3 and people still get effected by it downloading from the sims 3 exchange. We still get these problems in tech. EA's new gallery is trying to prevent those issues of people getting infected with bad cc that has been uploaded for others to download.

The current, new-as-of-the-patch-before-this-one issue isn't CC-related, though - I have it and I have no CC. It's that situation outfits for festivals and vampire walkbys are pulling on more content than they had been. It's been replicated by QA, but that was probably too soon before this last patch to get a fix into the patch. Hoping for the next one. It's pretty immersion breaking. I've now modded out vampire walkbys and am staying away from the outdoors during festivals :/ (When I'm playing at all, that is. So much going on right now IRL!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited June 2017

The current, new-as-of-the-patch-before-this-one issue isn't CC-related, though - I have it and I have no CC. It's that situation outfits for festivals and vampire walkbys are pulling on more content than they had been. It's been replicated by QA, but that was probably too soon before this last patch to get a fix into the patch. Hoping for the next one. It's pretty immersion breaking. I've now modded out vampire walkbys and am staying away from the outdoors during festivals :/ (When I'm playing at all, that is. So much going on right now IRL!)

There are some bugs that are on EA and have nothing to do with CC. What we are talking about here is the school bus bug. Some have it and some don't. If some have it and some don't ,what is causing it?

In general I'm sure that there are some armatures out there trying to make CC for the game. If they don't know what they are doing and make bad cc, it could mess up your game. We still see it in the sims 3. There is some very bad cc out there that can mess up your whole game. Acts like a virus

crinrict has a whole blog on bad cc in the sims 3 just to give you an example http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

Laptops are weaker than desktop hardware. The game's requirements are for desktop not laptop. All PC games requirements are for desktop. Again not saying that this game does not have bugs but the bugs will be worse on an under-powered computer.

when you posts specs, there are different kinds of processors. This game requires an intel i5 quad core on desktop. The game is processor heavy. If playing on laptop you need a more powerful processor to equal desktop hardware. If playing on a laptop the processor should be an i7 quad core. The processor will end in HQ or MQ after the processor number. If your processor on laptop ends in U or M it's a dual core and not powerful enough.

I see, thanks, that's pretty useful information. Mine ends in U. But at the same time according to this: http://game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7782&canMyCpuRunIt=The%20Sims%204

and the review of my processor I shouldn't have any problems. I know meeting the minimum requirements isn't the best for optimal performance but the processor does meet the minimum requirements (although this source doesn't really say by how much, or whether it just does), so it is powerful enough. Idk how reliable the source is though. I

I do understand what you are saying, problem with this approach though, is that it kind of blames the customer. Sure bad aspects of the game may be exacerbated by bugs, but the fact is that EA marketed this game as a game that does not necessitate the purchase of a gaming laptop/desktop. As such if they know that bad bugs will be further amplified on the lower end computers that they said should run sims 4 fine as part of their marketing strategy, they should be making sure to fix these bugs. Could say we need to be more patient but some of the significant bugs are coming up to a year old now.

I'm lucky in the sense that hopefully if my grades are good, I will be able to easily afford to by the gaming laptop I've been looking at by the end of the year, due to my grad job. Not everyone can say that. Some can, but will choose to prioritise other things, as a gaming laptop/desktop is no small investment. So purchasing a new laptop to minimise these problems isn't really a good answer unless you are already thinking of doing so. The bugs are problems that the developers should be addressing, not the customers.

With all the sims games minimum requirements are for base game only with no packs , patches, eps added. To play the complete game one needs to look at recommended requirements to play with all the add ons. The game becomes more powerful with each add on. Yes it's on their web with specs which is a mid range gaming desktop. No where did EA ever market this game to play on lower end computers. This is rumor that has been spread all over this forum and it is not true. It is the customer's responsibility in being able to read specs when games have requirements. Those who know how to read specs know that the game's requirements are desktop hardware. Desktop hardware different than laptop hardware.

I would not advise a gaming laptop unless you must have a laptop. They can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy. They do not sell laptop hardware to the public. Once your laptop stops functioning and they no longer make replacement hardware, the laptop becomes a throw away. Gaming laptops also need to be professionally cleaned. Desktop is more powerful, cheaper and if you buy the right computer hardware can be replaced or upgraded. You can also clean a desktop yourself and not have to send it out to be professionally cleaned.

My son has a cheaper laptop like yours he uses for school and has a gaming desktop at home. You would be better off keeping the laptop you have now for school and get a gaming desktop for at home if possible

So were could i find the system requirement for the game + the addons ? I need to know if i have to upgrade my graphic card and my processor on my old desktop.

So were could i find the system requirement for the game + the addons ? I need to know if i have to upgrade my graphic card and my processor on my old desktop.

It's on the EA/origin web. The game requires a GTX 650 or better. They don't make this card anymore so you would have to use a modern equivalent Nvidia or AMD card. Processor is an intel i5 quad core or AMD 8000 series processor . Send user @chesterbigbird a pm. She is our forum computer build expert and can tell you if your desktop can be upgraded. It would depend on it's age, the hardware that is in it and the case. With gaming hardware you also need a good roomy case with good cooling. When gaming your hardware will generate more heat
    @phoebebebe13 Thank you, i will do that.
    @lulubadwolf Your very welcome. If for whatever reason your desktop can't be upgraded., they do have gaming desktops that will run this whole game starting at like $700 usd. prices vary in other countries. These computers come with a decent roomy case with good air flow. You would have room to change out hardware down the line. Unlike laptops they do sell desktop hardware to the public. $700 for a desktop is cheaper than a gaming laptop
    edited June 2017
    @lulubadwolf Your very welcome. If for whatever reason your desktop can't be upgraded., they do have gaming desktops that will run this whole game starting at like $700 usd. prices vary in other countries. These computers come with a decent roomy case with good air flow. You would have room to change out hardware down the line. Unlike laptops they do sell desktop hardware to the public. $700 for a desktop is cheaper than a gaming laptop

Well, i will see. My desktop works well (i had to do a factory reset because of virus, so he is totally empty, that helps, it's an asus he runs on AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics and i fear that he might be weak ) and honestly i would rather keep him (i'm way to much emotional about object). Anyway i will check gaming desktop if this situation happens. Thank you :)
    Edit: spelling mistake
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

There are some bugs that are on EA and have nothing to do with CC. What we are talking about here is the school bus bug. Some have it and some don't. If some have it and some don't ,what is causing it?

In general I'm sure that there are some armatures out there trying to make CC for the game. If they don't know what they are doing and make bad cc, it could mess up your game. We still see it in the sims 3. There is some very bad cc out there that can mess up your whole game. Acts like a virus

crinrict has a whole blog on bad cc in the sims 3 just to give you an example http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc

Oh I know about bad CC - I track some of it when updates happen, it's part of why I don't bother using it. But I thought you were responding about the costuming bug not the going-to-school delay.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    @keekee53 If you select the option for "turn off autonomy for selected sim" it helps a great deal with not having to micromanage your sim so much to keep them on track while they're supposed to be doing something. Sounds COMPLETELY backwards since them making their own decisions should mean less micromanaging but they're too scatterbrained to be trusted to make their own decisions lmao You can always give them full autonomy back when you're not so task oriented
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

Well, i will see. My desktop works well (i had to do a factory reset because of virus, so he is totally empty, that helps, it's an asus he runs on AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics and i fear that he might be weak ) and honestly i would rather keep him (i'm way to much emotional about object). Anyway i will check gaming desktop if this situation happens. Thank you :)
    Edit: spelling mistake

This much I do know. A4 processor is weak, older and the game won't run on HD grahpics. You may have to upgrade the whole desktop if possible and it may not be worth it. Ill let chester answer you though since she is the build expert. Good luck!

Oh I know about bad CC - I track some of it when updates happen, it's part of why I don't bother using it. But I thought you were responding about the costuming bug not the going-to-school delay.

Short version I was speaking to someone in this thread who does meet all the requirements to run the game and asked them if they tested the game vanilla. I was advising them bad cc can cause issues and EA is not responsible for 3rd party CC
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @keekee53 If you select the option for "turn off autonomy for selected sim" it helps a great deal with not having to micromanage your sim so much to keep them on track while they're supposed to be doing something. Sounds COMPLETELY backwards since them making their own decisions should mean less micromanaging but they're too scatterbrained to be trusted to make their own decisions lmao You can always give them full autonomy back when you're not so task oriented

I was doing this for a while and it did help but there are so many other issues going on in the game. If I have one selected, they do as I say but the other Sims are doing so many silly random things turning off the selected autonomy only helps for the selected.

I am just taking a break for a while until some of these bugs are addressed. I am getting promotion music just randomly playing, sims jogging while dining out, the list goes on... Thanks so much for the suggestion though :)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    The problem isn't the computers, so stop talking about them, this whole thread is about the bugs that we all experience.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited June 2017

My laptop isn't cheap, it's £1200..., I got it on sale at £800 but it was reselling again for a bit at the same price at the place I got it from and other vendors. Bit of an odd thing to presume given that you can buy notebooks at that price which would be in no way suitable for gaming. I did investigate the laptop minimum requirements as well,in full knowledge that desktop minimum requirements were different. Admittedly I was not clued up about dual core vs. Quad core. I bought the laptop I have because I needed to replace it immediately after my old laptop broke for coursework. Sims 4 is a passionate hobby of mine but not a priority. I knew before I bought it that the laptop I have would no where near run ultra, but that it would be significantly better than my old laptop, which is correct. I have no problems with lag and performance related aspects of my game in anything but the detective career, which other people have also commented on. The bugs that I have listed are not performance related bugs. If it was my old laptop, I would 100% agree that it was the main detractor from my gameplay experience, believe me , it was a mess lol. But my current "cheap" laptop? Nope, sorry.

If I recall correctly it was stated by a guru on Twitter when people were initially angry about the loading screens and asking why we didn't have open world. I will try to find it for you later.

I will definitely consider your advice about getting a gaming desktop though. Another issue I have with most of the gaming laptops I have seen is that they look a bit flashy/over the top sometimes, and I need something which would translate well in the professional setting. I don't really care about the getting it cleaned professionally issue though, if it has to be done, it has to be done, and I'm not a hardcore enough gamer that I would want to constantly upgrade it to keep up with new games. Admittedly I have wanted to play other pc games as well, but I am holding out until I get a gaming pc because I really want excellent graphics.

My whole point is though that I still maintain bugs relating to programming are the developers responsibility. Sure you could argue that it is the customers responsibility to buy a computer that minimises the effect of the bugs. But if the bugs are the root cause of the issue the overarching responsibility lies on the developers.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm also annoyed with the game generating new outfits on it's own! My Sweet Mother of twins looks like a Street Walker! There doesn't seem to be any way to delete the new "Outfits" either, it's so aggravating having to change her outfit constantly!

I agree I never had outfit problem in the other games but this one is a joke sick and tired of seeing sims like this

This is really bugging me.

I sent a Sim to the Spice Market and a festival popped up. Suddenly, everyone that arrived was wearing turbans, du-rags, rockstar glasses, gauntlets, and whatnot. This was a Spice Festival, not the Geek festival. So, what the heck?! This costume invasion also happens to passers-by on any given day.

Thank goodness for MCCC I was able to use the dresser function to laboriously change everyone back into their everyday wear. Otherwise, I would have rage-quit right then and there.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

This is really bugging me.

I sent a Sim to the Spice Market and a festival popped up. Suddenly, everyone that arrived was wearing turbans, du-rags, rockstar glasses, gauntlets, and whatnot. This was a Spice Festival, not the Geek festival. So, what the heck?! This costume invasion also happens to passers-by on any given day.

Thank goodness for MCCC I was able to use the dresser function to laboriously change everyone back into their everyday wear. Otherwise, I would have rage-quit right then and there.

This is what really annoys so I saw this sim last night and my townie randomness has reached insanity, he was running for a picnic table outside my house at midnight

tumblr_ortgieswQN1v5g8yyo1_540.png